4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#446 6 years ago

Well, this blows.

So, I have a tradition of buying LEDs from Nifty each year at Pinball shows here in Cali. Two years ago, I LEDed out my AC/DC, last year it was my TSPP.

Nifty doesn't have a list of what LEDs are needed for most machines so each year I have to do the research myself. A bit time consuming, but in my eyes worth it to support a business that supports local shows like PAGG and CAX.

Daniel's apparent actions and subsequent responses have me shaking my head. For the first time, I've run out of "thumbs down" votes.

Can someone please recommend another business that sells LEDs? I've heard good things about Cointaker.

#451 6 years ago

I have an idea.

Since Daniel says that he has $3000 in the machine and the OP originally bought it for $800, how about Daniel buys the pin for $3800?

That way, when he sells it for the $5500 that he's asking for on eBay, everyone wins!

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Comet. Cheap & they have great LEDS and run by a pinsider [removed].

Comet it is....Thanks to everyone for the recommendation!

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

What exact damages does OP have? has he lost any money? has he lost his machine? no, he can have the machine if he pays for the repairs done to it. Its the same thing if you take your car to a mechanic.

The cargument defense.

Oof.

#501 6 years ago

At this point, even if Nifty did the right thing, this thread should give prospective customers pause.

1) Inflating the quoted price.
2) Attempting to sell the customers machine.
3) Regestering a domain name to confuse customers of an already established business.
4) Lying about who registered the name first.
5) Snarky responses
6) Creepy naked pic on Facebook site

Have I missed anything?

#662 6 years ago

For those keeping score at home, (and because I have way too much free time) the final(?) count for Nifty on this thread.

Upvotes: 10
Downvotes 204

Yikes....Talk about a reputation (and percentage) taking a hit! Dude had a total of 10 downvotes prior to this thread.

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

For all of you doubters about when the machine was finished...and how much work went in to it...
It makes me a little sad how this ended...

It actually ended well.

It's all of the stuff before it ended that should make you sad.

That being said, I'm in the mood to get a few games in on my Playboy.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Would love to crab Pismo Bob out of the hardware store and get some games in as well.

He closed his store awhile ago. Was/is he a collector?

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.
Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.
As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.
To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.
Regards,
Nate

Cliff notes:

Our fault: Trying to sell the OP's machine out from under him.

Pinside and OP's fault: Everything else.

This thread is everything I love about Pinside. If the OP hadn't started this thread, his machine might have been sold. (Although for the price you were asking, probably not.

I noticed you didn't address the "OC Pinball Repair" fiasco. Conveniently, you won't be responding to any more posts.

#735 6 years ago

Looks like they deactivated their account.

Shocker.

fullsizeoutput_160 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_160 (resized).jpeg

#836 6 years ago

I’m kind of bummed that Nifty tapped out on Pinside. If they value that pin at 5k, I was gonna offer them my unshopped, unrestored, players condition pin for half the price. With less ball swirl!

29C8E061-4525-44FF-8A5C-42DADD2B4201 (resized).jpeg29C8E061-4525-44FF-8A5C-42DADD2B4201 (resized).jpeg

#839 6 years ago

Mods will probably close it before then, unless something goes sideways with this transaction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.