Topic Stats

• 1,375 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E365DB6-A589-41D0-9F2D-00AD2296188A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0859 (resized).JPG
goodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png
31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png
614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png
scrooge_pic01 (resized).jpg
ec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpg
IMG_3896 (resized).PNG
4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (1 year ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (1 year ago)

Post #219 @NiftyLED posts a screenshot. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #289 @NiftyLED list of parts used and services performed. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #347 @NiftyLED offers to settle for $3000 instead of $4200. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #562 Screenshots of @NiftyLED 's side of the conversation. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #670 Pictures of the completed machine. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #682 Pictures of the machine before work was performed. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #690 Nate from NiftyLED tells his version of the story. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Damage is done already

Disagree. A good mea culpa and making it right goes a long way. Everyone screws up; it’s how you handle it that truly matters in life.

My advice is to walk away from this thread for a bit. Think about what you want to do and post one more time with the plan. The heated back and forth isn’t helping either side.

#715 1 year ago

There is so much to learn from in this thread.

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Anyone going to read all this?

I did. And it was well written.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You wouldn't feel that way if it was your pin.
It was a defense of degenerate behavior. I don't care how mild the wording was that is essentially what it amounts to.

It was well written even if I didn’t agree with all of it it. I hope you get your pin today and can enjoy the rest of the holidays with this behind you.

Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but this is the season to forgive. They screwed up big time. Bordering on criminal. But it’s the season to forgive and move past (once you get your pin that is)

Happy Holidays

Marc

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from niftyled2:

*new account since we cannot re-activate our existing account for another 30 days or so.
Nate here again. We wanted to give an update. I just got off the phone with Josephand. I offered an apology and told him that we will not be charging him after all. We are trying to make this right and as an act of goodwill, we've decided not to charge anything for the time or parts we've put into the game. I also let Joseph know that there is a temporary lamp driver board in the game until the brand new Altek board that we bought has issues under warranty and as soon as that is repaired by Altek, we'll have it sent to Joseph.
The game will be picked up by another person later today.

Good for you. Everyone makes mistakes; it’s how you respond that matters.

#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Update: I would be happy with this pin the outside looks great and really pops. The playfield is not bad at all for an old pin and has some character. I would put this in my collection for sure. Nate was a great guy and very helpful he shrinked it up with a blanket and help load. Something went sideways along the way, but I have to say I liked the guy and he was a little late because he had to come from Lakewood and if you lived in CA you would know it's a Christmas miracle he got here. My impression is there are two sides and both parties are good people and people make mistakes some big some small and it's wrong not to forgive. I know I have made mistakes and if we were never forgiven I personally would be fucked. I hope both sides are able to forgive and all of us learn from this. Next update game will be at it's new home. I'm not asking someone to forget but to forgive emotions can get out of hand but hey we have probably been there.

You’re a good soul. Thank you for having some holiday spirit and kindness left in you to help make this right.

#1207 1 year ago

I love the end of this thread. This was a good movie with lots of conflict and a very happy ending.

#1287 1 year ago

There was a dog somewhere in the story and an act of Pinside kindness from a stranger to pick the game up and deliver it to his dad.

#1308 1 year ago

When do you get the pin?

#1310 1 year ago

No - I read it all. It’s at his dads. When does he get it back to his house to play!

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from bam10:

I think any project is going to leave you upside down, even if you don’t count your labor as a cost. If you pay for labor then you will be way over the value.

Personal restorations are more about learning to be honest. Even if I sold my TAF or my CV, I gained something far more important than money; I learned how to restore a machine, which is something I never thought I’d do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 12.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside