Topic Stats

• 1,375 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E365DB6-A589-41D0-9F2D-00AD2296188A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0859 (resized).JPG
goodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png
31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png
614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png
scrooge_pic01 (resized).jpg
ec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpg
IMG_3896 (resized).PNG
4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (1 year ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (1 year ago)

Post #219 @NiftyLED posts a screenshot. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #289 @NiftyLED list of parts used and services performed. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #347 @NiftyLED offers to settle for $3000 instead of $4200. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #562 Screenshots of @NiftyLED 's side of the conversation. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #670 Pictures of the completed machine. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #682 Pictures of the machine before work was performed. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #690 Nate from NiftyLED tells his version of the story. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

I saw the Cayenne in the garage that you said isnt yours and the 1 High Speed pinball machine you have... nothing more.. I could give a crap

Maybe you’ll start caring about the value of items like that after your profits drop from your businesses due to the handling of this matter. I for one won’t ever buy your product as you’re shady at best.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Heres a list of parts used
stencil kit
chrome leg bolts
purple gels
Alltek lamp board
Alltek MPU board
Alltek Solenoid board
lane guides
coil
playfield red posts
flipper & shaft
chrome lift trim
cabinet buttons and housings
leg bolt plate
plastic set
LED displays
pop bumper cap set
pop bumper body
led kit
rubber kit
coin door price plates
coin door sticker
pop bumper skirt
and the list of services performed - excluding my labor - how many hours do you think it would take to get this game to where it is?
Cabinet repair, sand, basecoat
playfield touchup
chrome/polishing of metal parts

None of that matters if you didn’t tell him it was going to cost x amount now and he agreed. If you failed to get his approval to do additional work, why should the judge by believe him when he says all of that was included in the original restoration fee of 1850? If you truly don’t think you’ve made a mistake at all in this matter, you are an awful businessman and I wish you good luck in this and all future endeavors (because you won’t have my business)

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.
Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.
As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.
To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.
Regards,
Nate

Wow...just wow. Started off so promising, throw your partner under the bus and apologize. But then to start attempting to shame the people who have chimed in to this thread mostly because of your idiotic partner is just another knock against you guys. Pinside is great, it's just people like you and your business that seem to be trying to ruin it. If you invoiced the customer a while back, I am 100% certain nifty would have posted that

Shame on you

#767 1 year ago

Fixed it

#1299 1 year ago

Game still seems to be for sale. Found this this morning

Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 50.00
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside