4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#65 6 years ago

Gross, that FT and WH2O just dropped in value.

OP, sorry you are going through this. Pretty crazy that this guy instantly put the game up for sale without trying to work anything out.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Welp, pretty sure NiftyLED will take more of a hit business wise than they ever would have thought because of this.

Were they really selling many to begin with? Their facebook page has 2 reviews and they are most peoples 5th at best option for LED's.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Their LED's are used in all the CGC/PPS remakes.

All of the inserts are boards. That explains why my MMr was dark. I swapped all of those crappy GI bulbs out for Comet optix maximus bulbs.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy knows the price of bulldogs and TVs, not pinball machines.
I do similar work sometimes for folks. Whenever more work is requested, or issues come up, THE FIRST THING I DO is talk money. The guy kept asking for things and expected it would be free? That's silly. You kept agreeing/suggesting more work and never mentioned that this crappy game was turning into a money pit? That's silly too.
What's the cost of a nice bulldog go for these days anyway? I'm looking to impress my mailman!

They range from $1200-$2600. Don't forget the 2-3K in veterinarian visits per year though. They look perfect in the front seat of a 911.

#311 6 years ago

Can we all just agree that there is nothing cool about stealing pinball machines, or Porsches, or bulldogs, and at 70" you would have been better off with a projector.

Sounds like Nifty just did a really poor job about communicating what was included and never discussed prices of things that were being added. That sucks if the OP said add it but at the same time Nifty should have sent a new invoice with an updated total to be signed before any work was done or parts were ordered. That's how business works, not by vague texts messages that lead to miscommunication.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

So, were at a stalemate here... what do we do? You wont discuss over text message "do whatever you want but do it while texting someone else"
Im in this machine for X - your budget is Y - what is the Z here?

Progress.........

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
bring the right guys and it never comes to violence. They are the insurance policy for that.
I have learned and witnessed this many times in real life. Bringing the right guys is usually all it takes to get things solved amicably when someone is starting a hostage negotiation

This is terrible advice and a great way to get shot. Backing people into a corner can have scary consequences.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

In all fairness, he is getting screwed pretty good. If I saw my game for sale I would have drove over to see him.

But how many guys would you bring? I picture it like The Expendables.

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, that is legal matter of multiple hundreds of thousands. They did not have any of my personal property to go take back.
This is a simple matter of a local machine and with the right friends I am sure it would be solved rather quickly.
Guessing with the character of Nifty it would go something like:
-knock on door
-nifty looks through peep hole and quickly realizes is freaked out and not opening door
-nifty calls cops to say that some big scary dudes are outside (really no other situation and if I were on the Sticky side of the door I would call cops proactively to let them know that he came to pick up his property and the guy wont let him have it, has already committed theft and fraud)
-cops arrive and Sticky and crew show cops the paperwork and explain they were just here to help his buddy load the pinball machine into his truck. They have the cash and are ready to pay the bill.
-Cops negotiate the situation to ensure the game goes home with rightful owner

Or guy is paranoid and on drugs and shoots you through the door.

The cops are not going to be involved in a civil issue of property without it going through court.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you have to assess that risk/situation before you get there.

cops would cetainly try to moderate/negotiate the situation quickly around here to get resolution. With nifty posting photos on the web trying to sell the game, that is all they would need to take possession of the game if they needed to.

How exactly are you going to prove the game is yours? There is no paperwork and only an oral agreement and a few random texts. Cops have a lot better things to do and are not going to touch this.

You literally recommended showing up with a large force to intimidate Nifty into giving the game back? What happens when he says F off and get off my property? If the cops show up the only thing that may happen is you get charged with trespassing. If Nifty feels threatened or if things get heated you are on someone's property trying to take an item by force and you are very likely to get shot. This is literally how people end up dead over nothing every day of the week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.