4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

I've got this all on text message.

Popcorn ready....

#167 6 years ago

I wouldn't call giving the guy $800 for his original cost of the machine working it out. Just post the texts saying he agreed to more.....release the smoking gun....

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

This game was in shambles when it came to me, couldnt even stand on all 4 legs...

It doesn't matter what the condition the game was like when you got it. You agreed to fix it for X and return it to glory(ish state). If you went overboard without his consent itès on you. But if you have texts or information proving otherwise then this should be an easy open and shut case no?

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The OP isnt telling you the whole story here..
He agreed to replace all the boards, LED displays, LED kit, chrome on all the metal, new plastic set, replace the cabinet... I did all of this without asking for a dime in advance
The original quote was to paint the cab & shop out the game - nothing more

Ok. Can OP dispute this with original text for quote? Or can Nifty provide such documentation?

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Here you are. Exactly what I agreed to.
The boards are $550 plus $200 for touch up. That is what I agreed to and have maintained.
Now tell me how this turns into $4200 and my game being sold because he decides on his own 'I can't pay' or whatever.
He tried to steal my game and sell it before even ATTEMPTING to work anything out.

I mean text showing the original agreed amount, then the add-ons that you agreed to. Right now I didn't see a text saying I'll do it for $1850...or maybe a i just missed it. I know you have the $1850 in your text there but Ièm talking abou tthe oringal one.

#197 6 years ago

I get it. While he doesn't dispute it when you mention it, he still hasn't provided the extra labor cost texts...

#202 6 years ago

From what I read
$1850 for original work
$100 in touch ups
$375 for boards
$225 for MPU

so you expected to pay: $2550

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set
Theres more that he approved to do that he isnt telling you about

ok then please show us that....im not trying to be an asshole but he's got texts with conversations you've had, and you still haven't shown anything to dispute his side of the story

#344 6 years ago

Just go in the middle at 2750 and call it a day. Both sides bring a side mate to the pickup place where the sidekicks exchange the goods. Live and learn and move on. OP you are out an extra 200 which is better than wasting time with legal avenues....nifty is close to the original quote that we know about and can live to fight another day.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

What law has been broken here? please quote me the PC?

Holy shit...go get a cup of coffee... And give your head a shake...you posted someone else's property for sale without there consent...thats theft and fraud...

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I think this thread set on pace to set a record for fastest to 500 posts....dayum!

Actually no, I think it's the fastest thread to 500 posts in which the restorer loses all credibility. First he mentions he has all the texts, then he says he doesn't, then he says that the original quote only included cabinet work and shop, then he says the original quote did not include the LEDS but forgets to mention that by saying that he implies that the plastics pop bumpers etc.. were.....included..... then claims his site was built before the other orangecouontypinballs.com vs orangecountypinball.com (archived.org points to the contrary). Then argues he has not committed a crime by posting the OPs game up for sale on ebay and other sites? then wants OP to just sell him the game for $800.

Restorers last ditch effort is to try and convince the OP not to go to court by stating arbitrary legal documentation.

Restorer brings price down to $3000, OP sticks to original quote of $2550.... instead of going to $2750 and call it a day both have decided to stretch this out some more. It's been an interesting day to say the least.

#484 6 years ago

I'm glad you're upfront about your cost .... too soon?

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Yeah but after I gave him my bowl and he filled it, he said it was $10....

Inflation? I mean it did take 3 years to fill the bowl right?

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

At this point, even if Nifty did the right thing, this thread should give perspective customers pause.
1) Inflating the quoted price.
2) Attempting to sell the customers machine.
3) Regestering a domain name to confuse customers of an already established business.
4) Lying about who registered the name first.
5) Snarky responses
6) Creepy naked pic on Facebook site
Have I missed anything?

That Nifty LED is not so Nifty afterall

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I already stated I was comfortable with paying more and we could have resolved this easily. He decided he would take my machine and sell it without informing me.
No invoice as he claims. No notice. Nothing. He just tried to make a quick $5500 at my expense.
I'm not going to reward him for that now.

While I understand your sentiment is $300 really worth all that hassle (court, filing a report, fees, time taken). I'd pay what vdojaq mentioned get the game and call it a day. Instead of burrying your case in paperwork with lawyers, judges etc... Agree with nifty a pick time and get a friend who knows there shit to pick it up with the money in had. Hell you can even have him skype the damn thing so you can see first hand.

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Oh look what I just received. Anything suspicious about the time/date? An invoice AFTER he tried to put my game up for sale for not paying an invoice?
You can't make this stuff up at this point.

I need j_m_ profile pic right now.

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Bet you'd feel differently if they clicked buy it now on the $5500 Ebay listing, eh?

If i were you id end the snarky remarks and focus on pick up. You have both agreed. Now get it done!

#828 6 years ago

I see the tinders are still burning in this thread.

#943 6 years ago

It's the thread that keeps on giving

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.