4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebart5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#54 6 years ago

Ok, I’m not buying anything from NIFTYLED after seeing this. This is a worst case scenario for a collector in this hobby.

Just seeing $5k for a playboy on some vendor’s site is enough for me to roll my eyes and say that place is a joke.

It would have to be signed by Hefner, and some or all of the girls featured in the game, or something special like that.

#56 6 years ago

Is he on Pinside? Was that covered already?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

https://www.facebook.com/niftyled/
Your not supposed to judge a book by its cover but the pictures on Facebook sort of reflects that image is not of a concern

Yeah, I saw the image of the naked guy holding a box of flashers in front of his genitals and thought that was in poor taste.

#79 6 years ago

If you go to NIFTY LED Instagram page, your game is featured in several posts down the page.

Besides walking into someone’s house and robbing them of their games while they sleep, this is the worst thing you can do to somebody in this hobby.

Take three times longer than expected to do a job
+
Inflate their final bill with poor communication that it’s happening
+
Out of nowhere put their game up for sale online without warning
+
Taunt them to go to the authorities or courts when they try to get it back

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Their LED's are used in all the CGC/PPS remakes.

Well then CGC/PPS needs to know the kind of people they do business with.

#108 6 years ago

NiftyLED here you go... What’s going on?

#162 6 years ago

NiftyLED this is really bad business. Seeing your initial responses here is all I need to see.

Never buying Nifty, and if CGC/PPS use Nifty, then they can keep their remakes.

Bullies, crooks, and bad businessmen ruin this hobby.

#168 6 years ago

It’s clear Nifty wants to keep the game. They probably fell in love with it after seeing all the drooling responses all over their social media pages. They’ve taken many photos of your game and used it for marketing.

Now they want to keep a restored Playboy for $800.

#nevernifty

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

This game was in shambles when it came to me, couldnt even stand on all 4 legs...

Too late man. Your responses here and what’s been seen in text messages, shows exactly what kind of business you run.

Thank god I buy Cointaker or Comet.

#271 6 years ago

For me, I think Nifty either...

A) wanted to keep the game after seeing it turn out so beautifully based on marketing responses on their social media pages

B) wanted to keep the game from the client and resell it for a major profit, especially since Hefner died since he took the machine and that could inflate the value

C) thought based on the OP’s money that jacking the price up was fine and he’d make extra cash in the end since the client could afford it

It’s the holidays man... do the right thing and agree to the price of materials used here and make it right. It took two years and you failed over and over again at hitting your deadline.

The community is watching...

#284 6 years ago

This is literally the dichotomy of Pinball for me and my hesitation to go deeper in the hobby financially.

Actions and reactions by Nifty are what scares me to get deeper into this hobby with hiring ‘professionals’ to help, or buying expensive items from start-up companies like this. Very scary stuff with businesses like Nifty out there.

Then you have the reactions from the very small Pinball community and it restores my faith in the hobby that people are looking out for each other, and willing to go to bat for someone they don’t know when it’s clear something foul is happening.

Despite situations like this, and several other high profile cases of fraud, I’m going to side with the good nature of the hobbyists in this community and PLAY ON!

#527 6 years ago

Does Nifty not have ANY business partners? If so, they have to be blowing up his phone or email over this trying to get him off the ledge. No way there's yet another group of 'businessmen' with any shred of dignity or sense saying "get em' Daniel! we'll show him who's boss!"...

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#558 6 years ago

NiftyLED you tried to sell a client's, aka, a fellow pinhead's restored game on eBay behind their back, because they didn't immediately pay what first came out of your mouth. What the hell is wrong with you...

What would have happened if a sale actually went through and the machine is in somebody else's basement at this point?

#612 6 years ago

Quote of the year on Pinside! This, my man, is very very true...

#656 6 years ago

Honestly, @niftyled, you got off lucky here. Yeah, your business's reputation is probably ruined within the community it serves, and there's a chance at losing a big contract with a major pinball manufacturer (if that partnership is even true), but at least that game didn't sell on eBay. Could you imagine the entangled web of legality you'd be in caught up in if you had gone through with that, with little to no warning, documentation or some sort of following the letter of the law?

I say you should be thanking your lucky stars the game was not sold off. I believe in CA, the value of selling stolen goods over $950 constitutes a felony. Whether or not this fits the case of 'stolen goods' is TBD by the courts. I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near something like that. Not a great way to kick off 2018...

Merry Christmas.

P.S. - all troubling behavior aside, kudos to you guys for finding a middle ground and coming to terms. It's nice to see it eventually go down like that.

#1009 6 years ago

If they don’t want payment, and you want to give payment. Find a charity you both care about and donate $2k there. How about a local children’s hospital, since we’re all just big kids anyways with our fancy toys that bring us joy.

This gesture is surely a good thing for Nifty to do. It’s what you see happening in all the Christmas movies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebart5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=davebart5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.