4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

take 10 buddies and show up to get the game.

I'd feel like a bit of an asshole trying to round up 10 pals to go out West on a tough guy mission to reclaim my property.

Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

OJ (resized).jpgOJ (resized).jpg

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Who wants to hear the other side of the story? OP isn't exactly the victim he makes himself out to be...

Not me. Definitely don't need any more entertainment this morning.

Ok I'm shitting you. Let's hear it!

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This scenario is exactly why I stopped restoring games. I got left with a game a customer refused to pay for. They had me put more into it than it was worth. When I was done, they didn't want to pay and argued they could buy another entire used game for the cost. True, but they agreed to have it restored.
To the OP, make a deal. Let him sell it and pay back your value to you, or figure something else out. They're always restoring games over there, and this is the first time I've seen an issue. To be the first with a problem does imply that something is different. Try to work it out for longer than an hour or two before dragging it to Pinside.

Why don't you tell your cronies over there that they should "try to work it out for an hour or two" before putting his game up for sale?

Come on man...you say they were fishing for his attention? Well, clearly they got it. To suggest he shouldn't have "dragged it before pinside" is absurd.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The guys cabinet was falling apart and he had a doorbell button as a start button drilled in to the cabinet... the cabinet needed SERIOUS work. It would not even stand on 4 legs cause you couldnt get them all on without the game falling over

At what point did you become aware of the OP's bulldog and 70 inch television (4K I believe!)?!

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

So he agrees to do chrome but doesnt have to pay for it? Thats how that works?

The guy knows the price of bulldogs and TVs, not pinball machines.

I do similar work sometimes for folks. Whenever more work is requested, or issues come up, THE FIRST THING I DO is talk money. The guy kept asking for things and expected it would be free? That's silly. You kept agreeing/suggesting more work and never mentioned that this crappy game was turning into a money pit? That's silly too.

What's the cost of a nice bulldog go for these days anyway? I'm looking to impress my mailman!

#301 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

For me, I think Nifty either...
A) wanted to keep the game after seeing it turn out so beautifully based on marketing responses on their social media pages
B) wanted to keep the game from the client and resell it for a major profit, especially since Hefner died since he took the machine and that could inflate the value
C) thought based on the OP’s money that jacking the price up was fine and he’d make extra cash in the end since the client could afford it
Either way, I smell greed. It’s the holidays man... do the right thing and agree to the price of materials used here and make it right. It took two years and you failed over and over again at hitting your deadline.
The community is watching...

You are reading way too much into this Columbo.

It's just a dispute based on miscommunication and bulldog envy. It's really not that complicated.

I honestly feel like a Hannuka miracle is forthcoming and these dudes are not too far away from working this one out.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

$3000 and ill be done with this mess... thats my final offer, needs to be paid in CASH.
Your $2550 doesnt even cover what im in it on parts/sub work

Sounds good, OP drive on over there in your Lamborg SUV and call it a day.

Quoted from Whysnow:

dont be so stupid!!!!!!!!!
Take the mans $2550 or watch your business crumble. This is not a matter of principle for you anymore, this is a matter of business.

It's pinball, not Wal Mart. Everybody who has been around pinball for a while knows virtually ever dispute like this has some gray area. Let these guys work it out. And why are you so obsessed with the "10 thugs coming to beat the guy up and take the game" gambit? We all know - fortunately - this is NEVER how these disputes are settled around here.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have also had his game for THREE YEARS!! You should give his game back and you pay him 3 thousand for his inconvenience that you have caused him.

I don't get why you guys are so intent on stirring the pot here. We've seen dudes WAY more pissed off at each other than these guys settle their differences and come to arrangement. But every post like this reinforces the idea that if Sticky agrees to a cent over the $1825 or whatever, he's nothing more than a Kia-driving pussy.

The guy has a PORSCHE goddammit. He's a successful, virile go-getter who can think for himself!

I just want to see a happy ending here.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably should have tried that with the whole Predator thing eh?
*ZING*

LOL @ "the right 10 guys."

I guarantee you any posse of "10 guys" willing to come along on a stupid tough guy mission like this would be at least 80 percent idiots and hotheads. I really do picture Whysnow rolling in with a crew just like the one OJ put together and then being shocked at the Three Stooges-like outcome.

Quoted from woody76:

In all fairness, he is getting screwed pretty good. If I saw my game for sale I would have drove over to see him.

It's on the Facebook pinball for sale group too (sorry everybody else is riling these dudes up I guess I can't help it either)

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I know you are upset and it’s easier said than done considering the emotional roller coaster of the last few hours but... I’d pay the $3000 to have my game back now. I could enjoy it over the holidays and not let this fester for several more months. How long is the backup for small claims court - 6 months? Longer?

The dude has a bulldog and a big TV. This shit is small potatoes for him.

It's not about the money at this point bro!

Quoted from Sticky:

I'll do $2800 and $5 to chip in for a nice beer for you.
I really would like this guy to have to face justice though.

Nifty...please for the love of all that is holy, take him up on this offer.

He's gonna come back with "throw in a bag of Cool Ranch and I'll consider it."

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here’s the other thing that I don’t like. The OP is sending 2800 dollars for a game that he can’t even inspect. What if the work that Nifty done on the machine sucks as much as his attitude does? Then the OP loses 2800 dollars on a machine that has bad quality work done on it so I have a feeling that this may not be the end of this story. I would have to personally inspect that game myself before blindly handy this guy 2800 dollars of my hard earned money.

Really? You think putting these two in the same room is a good idea?

Always trying to cause trouble!

#759 6 years ago

They did a nice job on the cab. The playfield touch ups are terrible.

The game's got all new boards and displays. Doesn't look like they bothered changing the connectors but what do you want for $3000. My guess would be the thing will work fine, it's practically all new.

Why are people into Chrome lockdown bars anyway? They smudge and fingerprint instantly, and the last thing I want to see when I'm playing is my double chin.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just send the ten person Pinball gang to pick it up. Get cool leather jackets and sunglasses and talk in a Arnold Schwarzenegger accent to intimidate him into not doing anything funny.

YA! No Funny stuff!!

funnt (resized).jpgfunnt (resized).jpg

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

So, Johnny Utah, what say you now? Awfully quiet all of a sudden?

Give him a break he went out on a limb for his buddies and it didn’t work out.

The bonds of friendship are strong. Would you have him betray them?!

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Awesome, current day humor.

If you can come up with a more contemporary blind guy pop culture reference we’d all love to hear it!

Though I’d suggest maybe “you guys shouldn’t hire Micheal J Fox to do touchup!” As a more timely alternative?

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Pretty shitty shallow thinking attitude. My dad had Parkinson's, and I don't think he would deserve to be used by someone like you as a joke, to put down others work.
FO.

So you got no problem with making fun of blind people then?

Micheal J Fox has a sense of humor about it. Or don’t you watch Curb?

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You guys are great. I did it all today Odin style. LOL Who one day hope to meet for some weird reason.

are you out of your mind?! Never move Pinball machines in flip flops!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.