4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#905 6 years ago

I grabbed a couple snack size Hershey bars out of the fridge last night and started to read this thread. Couldn't post last night because I ended up with a stomachache after reading all 18 pages and consuming the entire bag. What can I say, I don't really like popcorn.

I'm just about finished the restoration on my Vampire, and even working two jobs I was able to get it done in under 7 months. And I don't run a pinball company, and it was just me working on it the entire time by myself. And for the record, my playfield was touched up and clearcoated professionally. Not going to clog this thread up with photos of an unrelated game, but many of you have seen the playfield pics in my resto thread. And it was done at an excellent price, and doesn't exhibit the imperfections on this guy's Playboy. And truth be told, I think I'm at about $2,500 on my resto, which includes buying the game for $850 from a fellow Pinsider and paying my buddy $300 to drive to Louisville to get it for me back then. Of course, that doesn't consider the countless hours of labor I've put in.

This is a community, and some days it gets frustrating, like any community. Some people, names not mentioned, always post negatively in threads on here. We know who they are. What I don't get is if they think Pinside sucks so bad, why do they continue to be on it? Leave, because ironically you are the problem, not everyone else.

The reality is if this thread was started with a dispute about the price, it would've never blown up like the mess it is. Nifty listed the OP's game for sale on at least two different media outlets, that is where it became the gigantic issue and the OP got upset.

The second reality is Nifty could have come on here and disputed his side of the story clearly, reasonably, with evidentiary support. This is a community he serves, and in all likelihood, makes money from. The way it was handled was the complete opposite, and he had to throw out other falsehoods that just made it look worse.

Now his business is going to feel the effects over assumably a measly $2000… I just don't understand what the tactic was there.

I have two relatives now in the hospital, so I wanted to thank Pinside for giving me something to read that took my mind off of everything else going on, at least for a short while.

#926 6 years ago

I almost want to book a flight, rent a car, come and grab the money, go get the game and bring it back to you and set it up just so I can see how this plays out in person. And so I can help you inspect the game. If I wasn't dealing with other stuff right now, and it wasn't a few days before Christmas, I'd be packing a bag and heading to Philly International post haste.

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh crap, another day not getting anything done but reading this thread.

Second that...I had to come in, but luckily I see tumbleweed rolling around and hear faint western movie music playing in the background at my firm today, so I'm game.

Quoted from Sticky:

Oh come on pinside not now...

You've got two Porsche's. You can afford to upgrade to Pinside Plus. Unlimited posts!! (all in good fun, of course)

#952 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Always conduct business in a businesslike manner.
ALWAYS
A handshake business deal is a ticking bomb.
If your sister borrows $500 from you, get an signed IOU. If she doesn't like it, too bad.
Save yourself a lot of heartache.

Oh Christ...thread's gonna turn in a errr.... positive direction now.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Three...
(two car garage)

You're such a Playboy...

(too early still?)

#987 6 years ago

WW (resized).pngWW (resized).png

#995 6 years ago

5....more....posts.....

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Ok, this is the deal.
The reason Nate wanted to speak to me was this.
They are not going to charge me for the game. They want to make amends and make up for what transpired.
Shocked? I am. My jaw dropped.
They said there is a board that needs to be replaced and they will send that out to me when it comes in as well.
Essentially, they want to make this right.
So what do you guys say to that?

I don't like the way this was handled initially by them and went down, particularly him listing your game for sale without attempting a reasonable and amicable resolution first. But as for their offer.... (assuming on their own, with no attorney guidance, CGC intervention, etc.)

#1000 6 years ago

1,000!!

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damnit Colsond3 I wanted to be poster 1000!

Hahaha.

Robin, do you have any jobs available? I want doing this to be my job, but actually get paid for it. I donate and pay every time I sell a game!!

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

This gesture is surely a good thing for Nifty to do. It’s what you see happening in all the Christmas movies.

Quoted from Monk:

This is a great idea if they refuse to take any payment.

Dave, Dave, Dave....I told you to stop watching Lifetime and Hallmark channel movies.

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

What is the pinball outreach project?

Nothing to do with Playboy or Hef. There's a thread here on Pinside, or that thing......oh, that's it. Google.

What an ending to this thing....do I really have to work now?

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Well pinball outreach is closed so taking a look at Project Pinball.
Open to suggestions.

Anything you want.

And please post pics when the game is home and set up. Buzz is a really good dude, and I'm glad he helped you out.

#1027 6 years ago

What about the domain name change? (fills gas can)

dumpster-fire (resized).jpgdumpster-fire (resized).jpg

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Yes this needs to happen immediately as well as all phrases and references to Orange County Pinball, OrangeCountyPinball.com . I do not want to be associated with these types of shenanegans. Anyone that knows us know we value our reputation and our client base extends far past the confines of Pinside.
The beauty of Pinside is that we all help each other out as several lawyers had contacted me asking if I can use their help.
I hope it all works out for you Joseph aka Sticky.
Thank you Buzz for picking it up sooner as we are slammed with holiday deliveries!!!
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

You're the man Evan. And working with legalities myself on a daily basis, I don't quite understand why they have the domain name they do when their company name is NiftyLED.

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

glad it’s resolved but not having leg levelers ($0.50 item) on a restored machine ????

That's where the other $1400 in the total cost emanated from.

I was previously a co-owner of a pinball company, and things like this do happen. There is always a difference of opinions with partners on how to run a business. Good resolution though.

#1209 6 years ago

Sticky,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your dad just listed the game on Ebay.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The world needs more people like you brother! The game looks nice, especially the cab!

Awesome Buzz. You are the man. Sorry to hear about your situation, but your attitude about it is admirable. We all have struggles. Helping Sticky...classy and generous.

As for what others have said about the game, minus the few crappy PF touchups, I think that game looks pretty damn nice, especially with the chrome. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to have it in my lineup.

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This thread was like Iron Man or Flash Gordon pinballs....fast and quick. Lots of frustrating drains causing people to get pissed. People kept pushing the start button for “just one more game” feeling. People walking away ticked off, but then coming back for more....what other games would describe this thread?

I kept running out of downvotes through several pages, but yet kept hitting the button as if they would somehow magically replenish themselves and I would be devoid of the rules. I'm sure others had the same problem.

Then again, that was after midnight, and after about 38 mini Hershey bars.

IMG_3896 (resized).PNGIMG_3896 (resized).PNG

#1300 6 years ago

Yeah, obviously the game is in Sticky's dad's possession...or is it? Someone may have hit the buy it now on eBay.

2 months later
#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I dont get it. Care to explain?

I take it as children, if you were following earlier in the thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.