4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #51 Sticky posts more screenshots of messages exchanged with Nifty. Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (6 years ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#134 6 years ago

He saw your Porsche and believes you can afford to pay more.

I doubt this anything to do with the actual materials or labor.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set
Theres more that he approved to do that he isnt telling you about

Why don't you post those texts that show he agreed to pay you anything close to $4,200.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uh, guys, you gonna just let that fly? That's some seriously strange attitude to take here.

Nifty is milking him for more money only because he thought the OP afford it and would cave to his silly demand of $4,200.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

100% not the case here - The work done to this game was 100% approved by JOSEPH

Post anything which shows he agreed to pay $4,200.

#277 6 years ago

And in as little as 5 hours a business has been destroyed.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

This is literally the dichotomy of Pinball for me and my hesitation to go deeper in the hobby financially.
Actions and reactions by Nifty are what scares me to get deeper into this hobby with hiring ‘professionals’ to help, or buying expensive items from start-up companies like this. Very scary stuff with businesses like Nifty out there.
Then you have the reactions from the very small Pinball community and it restores my faith in the hobby that people are looking out for each other, and willing to go to bat for someone they don’t know when it’s clear something foul is happening.
Despite situations like this, and several other high profile cases of fraud, I’m going to side with the good nature of the hobbyists in this community and PLAY ON!

You should be scared.

There are plenty of buffoons like this in the hobby who have no idea how to properly operate a legitimate business and conduct themselves in a professional manner.

I would call my lawyer and plan to pick up my game at the end of the day for the price which was originally agreed to by both parties.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.
Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.
As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.
To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.
Regards,
Nate

Are you the meat head charging $100/day storage?

You're fortunate to be dealing with a patient guy.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know the Nifty boys, more Nate than Daniel, just in the interest of disclosure. I'm not defending anything, clearly they screwed up badly on this one.
My suggestion, whatever it's worth, is that if they're taking the step of giving you the machine for free, obviously as payment towards trying to salvage the hit to their reputation, and you're accepting it, that it might be nice to edit the title of this thread and the opening post with things being resolved in return.
The record of what happened will remain, but very few people are really going to read 23 pages of crazy town to see the resolution.
Up to you, just what I would do after they made a pretty legit gesture of trying to make things right.

When Nifty gets rid of the guy who listed the machine for sale, I would consider working with them.

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd bet that the $100.00/day storage charge idea came from Mr. Personality himself......

That guy has no business running a business, a complete buffoon of the highest order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine?tu=Mike_J and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.