4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Shouldn't you apologize for all the false assertions you made about me pages back?

I didn't say anything false. You agreed on additional services. You want to pay the original price. Nifty doesn't want to eat those costs. You're fighting. You started all this up without mentioning any of the additional services (aside from the board) and painted an inaccurate story. Don't claim that things started out any differently than that, because it's all there on page one.

Don't get all angry with me. I have a 70" 4K TV too. And a dog. Oh, and 12 pinball machines! We're on the same level!

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Ive offered to settle this for 3k to be done with it, im eating all of my time and labor here -
All of this noise from everyone saying I need to make this right - this is my "make it right"
OP 100% AGREED TO ALL OF THE WORK ON THIS MACHINE.... hes not debating any of that - he approved the chrome, the led displays, the leds, ive got most of the approvals in my text messages..
Everything else is just noise... lets be done with this..

But did you give him costs associated with the 'approvals'?

#353 6 years ago

You have lost a lot more money than the $1700 you think this guy owes you above and beyond by your responses here. There are a lot of people who will see this and no longer order from you, like me. I have ordered from you in the past, but after seeing how you handled this, no more. Ill just wait for things to come back in stock at comet instead of "having" to have it right away.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Ive offered to settle this for 3k to be done with it, im eating all of my time and labor here -

Honestly going to be tough since you tried to sell his game. That’s so dumb man.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am actually on your side, but I think at this point apologies are out the door. Lets get this thing resolved.
Meet in the middle, Nifty wants $3000 and you want to pay $2550. $2775 cash and call it a day.

I hear you loud and clear. You guys want this resolved and it is best for the community.

However, I'm the only one who understands what it is like to see the machine in the thread you have waited almost three years for put up for sale behind your back.

I think that's worth $450 of contrition, at the very least. He should consider it the best $450 he ever spent for his business.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Meet in the middle, Nifty wants $3000 and you want to pay $2550. $2775 cash and call it a day.

Very simple way to deal with this that's been going on since ancient Egypt; old fashioned suck-off.

#357 6 years ago

stalemate it is... I'm fine with going to small claims if needed

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

He should consider it the best $450 he ever spent for his business.

Q4T!

That $450 will be the best money he ever spent on his business...

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
bring the right guys and it never comes to violence. They are the insurance policy for that.
I have learned and witnessed this many times in real life. Bringing the right guys is usually all it takes to get things solved amicably when someone is starting a hostage negotiation

This is terrible advice and a great way to get shot. Backing people into a corner can have scary consequences.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

what about jail?

#361 6 years ago

358 posts and no one on Pinside has called this a "Sticky" situation........kinda disappointed!!

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what about jail?

What law has been broken here? please quote me the PC?

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what about jail?

uhhh you dont know the laws in ca he wouldnt go to jail for this lol. They arent jailing anyone out here anymore.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

This isn't a stalemate. It's you killing niftyled in real time.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

is this really worth your business? I hope you have another job besides pinball.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

This isn't a stalemate. It's you killing niftyled in real time.

sick burn

#367 6 years ago

In the interest of Pinside and the community I will pay $2550 for the machine and donate $50 to the pinside community for helping this get resolved.

That's more than he deserves but I'll do it to show my holiday spirit and to thank you all for your help.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

is this really worth your business? I hope you have another job besides pinball.

Damage is done already

#369 6 years ago

I'm local let me get the game and if I can keep and play for 30 days I'll pay the $50 difference. They are eating the labor I don't think you could ask for more. Emotions I'm sure are high on both sides and possibly justified. Hey let me know.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Damage is done already

That's true. In effect, this is all you have left.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

You shouldn't be. He'll be able to sue for more than just the machine being sold for $2550. He'll be able to get damages on top of that. My landlord learned that the hard way when he refused to return my security deposit...

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This is terrible advice and a great way to get shot. Backing people into a corner can have scary consequences.

It really is terrible advice, but just think about how awesome it would be to show up with 10 gorillas and pound the guy out and take the game. Like something out of a movie.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I'm local let me get the game and if I can keep and play for 30 days I'll pay the $50 difference. They are eating the labor I don't think you could ask for more. Emotions I'm sure are high on both sides and possibly justified. Hey let me know.

Can anyone vouch for him?

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You shouldn't be. He'll be able to sue for more than just the machine being sold for $2550. He'll be able to get damages on top of that. My landlord learned that the hard way when he refused to return my security deposit...

damages? what damages does he have?

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

What law has been broken here? please quote me the PC?

Holy shit...go get a cup of coffee... And give your head a shake...you posted someone else's property for sale without there consent...thats theft and fraud...

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Damage is done already

Disagree. A good mea culpa and making it right goes a long way. Everyone screws up; it’s how you handle it that truly matters in life.

My advice is to walk away from this thread for a bit. Think about what you want to do and post one more time with the plan. The heated back and forth isn’t helping either side.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

358 posts and no one on Pinside has called this a "Sticky" situation........kinda disappointed!!

Look on page one. Good morning your late to the party.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Damage is done already

sad to see you are not smart enough to realize you could eat your lumps, appologize, and take the $2550.

The pinball community is one of the most forgiving communities I have seen. Hell, I would ever consider supporting you if you woke up and realized your screw up/ admittted it and made it right...

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Disagree. A good mea culpa and making it right goes a long way. Everyone screws up; it’s how you handle it that truly matters in life.
My advice is to walk away from this thread for a bit. Think about what you want to do and post one more time with the plan. The heated back and forth isn’t helping either side.

How would you say he is handling it on a scale of 1 - niftynomore?

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have learned and witnessed this many times in real life. Bringing the right guys is usually all it takes to get things solved amicably when someone is starting a hostage negotiation

Probably should have tried that with the whole Predator thing eh?

*ZING*

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

damages? what damages does he have?

Umm, you taking his machine and not giving it back to him for the agreed upon amount. You'll lose. And end up paying more than the extra $450 you want. But whatever, it's more entertaining for us.

#382 6 years ago

My rational take on this - without the emotion:

There are two types of good deals:
- One where both parties agree they got what they expected.
- One where neither got what they expected.

There was obvious miscommunication.
So, you both should give a little.

One has gone from $4200 to $3000 to move on.
Come on Sticky, at least counter offer.
Agree to something. You both walk away feeling equally as bad.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

How would you say he is handling it on a scale of 1 - niftynomore?

You are just rubbing salt in the wound at this point. Reflects poorly on you.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sad to see you are not smart enough to realize you could eat your lumps, appologize, and take the $2550.
The pinball community is one of the most forgiving communities I have seen. Hell, I would ever consider supporting you if you woke up and realized your screw up/ admittted it and made it right...

He could even get me to say how I feel about the quality of the work, post some pics, some vids, and a little contrition might lead to a better understanding in the future although I'm still pretty upset over seeing my machine listed for sale. Still, positives could come from this.

I can get over it and extended my hand. Why must he try to get every last dollar at this point when this is about much more than money?

#385 6 years ago

agree with the previous comments. There will be no winners in this. Just meet in the middle at $2750 and call it a day...

#386 6 years ago

This thread is like a college course in how to destroy your business.

I would never consider doing business with Nifty or anyone associated with these guys.

This is going to be an expensive lesson in business, much more than the cost of this machine or any work involved. Would have been much smarter to eat the costs and just make your customer happy.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Damage is done already

Oh no, you're making it worse. Got at least 10 guys saying they wont buy your Led's anymore. That's just a ratio and more that dont post. You have done long term damage here and have no clue about long term effects.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

If I was vindictive I wouldn't be trying to resolve this but I'd be at the Corona police department and filing in small claims court as we speak.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Can anyone vouch for him?

I'm not a very public pinball scene person but trustworthy. My profile is there for you guys to see and will provide any info you want. Would like to help if possible.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

In all fairness, he is getting screwed pretty good. If I saw my game for sale I would have drove over to see him.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

He could even get me to say how I feel about the quality of the work, post some pics, some vids, and a little contrition might lead to a better understanding in the future although I'm still pretty upset over seeing my machine listed for sale. Still, positives could come from this.
I can get over it and extended my hand. Why must he try to get every last dollar at this point when this is about much more than money?

Have you gone to file a police report yet? I'd recommend doing that today. Then take the police report, go to city hall, and file your small claims.

Quoted from Blacksun:

There will be no winners in this. Just meet in the middle at $2750 and call it a day...

I would've agreed with this on the first page or two. But after seeing Nifty's responses? No. Hell, even the original $2550 is being generous given his attitude and the fact it took 2-3 years to complete the work.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

*ZING*

LOL @ "the right 10 guys."

I guarantee you any posse of "10 guys" willing to come along on a stupid tough guy mission like this would be at least 80 percent idiots and hotheads. I really do picture Whysnow rolling in with a crew just like the one OJ put together and then being shocked at the Three Stooges-like outcome.

Quoted from woody76:

In all fairness, he is getting screwed pretty good. If I saw my game for sale I would have drove over to see him.

It's on the Facebook pinball for sale group too (sorry everybody else is riling these dudes up I guess I can't help it either)

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

If I was vindictive I wouldn't be trying to resolve this but I'd be at the Corona police department and filing in small claims court as we speak.

Youre not at all trying to resolve this.

Youre being a brick and not moving an inch..

Ive given you a yard and you want more...

You havent disputed ever throughout this thread that you authorized every last piece of work on this game...

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

But how many guys would you bring? I picture it like The Expendables.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I'm not a very public pinball scene person but trustworthy. My profile is there for you guys to see and will provide any info you want. Would like to help if possible.

Well you sound like a very nice guy but imagine how apprehensive I am now!

Really you just want to play the game? Hey, if I can spread some pinball love, we can get this resolved, and people get to enjoy the game I'm all for it.

I guess I could get it from you after you had some fun?

Good can come from this still.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

*ZING*

nah, that is legal matter of multiple hundreds of thousands. They did not have any of my personal property to go take back.

This is a simple matter of a local machine and with the right friends I am sure it would be solved rather quickly.
Guessing with the character of Nifty it would go something like:

-knock on door
-nifty looks through peep hole and quickly realizes is freaked out and not opening door
-nifty calls cops to say that some big scary dudes are outside (really no other situation and if I were on the Sticky side of the door I would call cops proactively to let them know that he came to pick up his property and the guy wont let him have it, has already committed theft and fraud)
-cops arrive and Sticky and crew show cops the paperwork and explain they were just here to help his buddy load the pinball machine into his truck. They have the cash and are ready to pay the bill.
-Cops negotiate the situation to ensure the game goes home with rightful owner

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

You havent disputed ever throughout this thread that you authorized every last piece of work on this game...

You're right - he hasn't disputed that he said he'd pay $2550 for all of the work you did. Yet you're dragging it on for $450. Which I believe your business could even write off as a loss, no?

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

And you haven't answered the repeated question - did you give him updated costs?

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Have you gone to file a police report yet? I'd recommend doing that today. Then take the police report, go to city hall, and file your small claims.

Realistically is it worth your time, frustration and proceeding thru the system over $200? Not to sound snobbish but that's not even the cost of a nice dinner...

I hear ya on principles... Believe me I do... But it's not worth $200 imo.....

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Having dealt with small claims, I don't think this will go how you think. Besides, you'll have to sit with an arbitrator before going to see the judge anyway. The two of you can dig your heels in there, go see a judge (who is just a small timer trying to get hours in behind the gavel), and have him get upset at both of you and come up with a "split the middle" judgment that neither of you will like. You're not that far off right now, just keep working it out. Or the judge could just be a grump and just award everything to Nifty. The best scenario for you is that he'll award Nifty all hard costs. I wouldn't risk that. Find a common ground agreement here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 199.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/8?hl=rudysoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.