4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This thread is tying up my entire morning...

You might feel differently about it if it was about your machine someone was trying to sell.

#202 6 years ago

From what I read
$1850 for original work
$100 in touch ups
$375 for boards
$225 for MPU

so you expected to pay: $2550

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

How about i give you the $800 you paid for the machine and this all goes away? Since you wont answer your texts anymore

What a [comment removed] you are!

#204 6 years ago

Sorry, but this seems to be piss poor communication all the way around. If the agreed upon amount was $1850, then as more things were added, there should have been some clear communication as to what the new amount would be and an agreement (even in a text) for the new amount. I work in the engineering field and we always give our clients a proposal with a set amount for services. If, in the life of the project, there are changes/additions/edits made by the client we ALWAYS inform them if our costs are going to exceed the original agreed upon budget.

Glad I get my LEDs from Comet.......

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

It’s clear Nifty wants to keep the game. They probably fell in love with it after seeing all the drooling responses all over their social media pages. They’ve taken many photos of your game and used it for marketing.
Now they want to keep a restored Playboy for $800.
#nevernifty

Glad people see through it. Thank you.

At least I got to vent here. Thanks for that guys.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

From what I read
$1850 for original work
$100 in touch ups
$375 for boards
$225 for MPU

LOL you worked out the math better than I did when I was steaming.

That's exactly it. Exactly what I offered to pay.

Me being surprised he jacked the price to $4200 is a normal reaction I think. It certainly is not evidence of me being unable to pay or giving him permission to sell my machine.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

It’s clear Nifty wants to keep the game. They probably fell in love with it after seeing all the drooling responses all over their social media pages. They’ve taken many photos of your game and used it for marketing.
Now they want to keep a restored Playboy for $800.
#nevernifty

We want nothing to do with this game - dont even like the theme - we just want to be made whole

#208 6 years ago

From what I read
$1850 for original work
$100 in touch ups
$375 for boards
$225 for MPU

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set
Theres more that he approved to do that he isnt telling you about

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

We want nothing to do with this game - dont even like the theme - we just want to be made whole

That's odd considering you told me you bought this game previously. Not this theme, this exact machine.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set

ok then please show us that....im not trying to be an asshole but he's got texts with conversations you've had, and you still haven't shown anything to dispute his side of the story

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set

Prove it. It's really that simple.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

That's odd considering you told me you bought this game previously. Not this theme, this exact machine.

We bought it as a package - sold this game to the guy you bought it from for $500

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set

Where did you tell him the prices of those items and what the final updated amount would be?

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set

Odd there isn't proof of it. Also odd you would knowing that we agreed to $1850 do work for beyond the amount we agreed to unless you thought I would pay without thinking twice about it.

I guess that happens when you see someone younger than you with a nicer home, a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, three pinball machines, and whatever else you were drooling over.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set

Wasnt that the original $1850....where are your copies of the texts?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Cool that's what we'd like to see.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wasnt that the original $1850....where are your copies of the texts?

Exactly that it was in the original $1850 hence why he can't produce the texts. He knows it, I know it, now it is just a battle playing out in a forum to convince others.

Why would he do plastics and everything else if I didn't agree? Why would he do them if there is no request for 'additional' things that will add to the price? Notice he never checked with me saying hey plastics, LED's, etc., will cost so and so? Only for the boards and touch up? Which I readily admit to?

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Chrome
LED Displays
LED lights
Plastic set

Why don't you post those texts that show he agreed to pay you anything close to $4,200.

#219 6 years ago

ok then please show us that....

I've got all the texts for them except for the LED displays, since that was quite some time ago...

Image-1 (resized).jpgImage-1 (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

We bought it as a package - sold this game to the guy you bought it from for $500

So to clarify you did own it before but don't like it now when it's convenient not to. Got it.

#221 6 years ago

After two years maybe show a complete invoice with parts and labor and eat some of the labor for taking so long and resolve this. I would have picked my pin up after the first month personally. No one should work for free but 2 years seems extreme.

#222 6 years ago

We 'discussed' those things when we set upon $1850 at my house. The very first thing we agreed to in that price was the LED's and plastics.

The price was $2k but I asked if he would do $1850 cash and he said yes.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

We 'discussed' those things when we set upong $1850 at my house. The very first thing we agreed to in that price was the LED's and plastics.
The price was $2k but I asked if he would do $1850 cash and he said yes.

Plastics and LEDs were never agreed to in that price..

I dont think playboy plastics were even available when i first picked up the machine

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

After two years maybe show a complete invoice with parts and labor and eat some of the labor for taking so long and resolve this. I would have picked my pin up after the first month personally. No one should work for free but 2 years seems extreme.

There is no invoice. There is nothing. No receipt sent to me. Nothing saying he would go over budget. Nothing saying anything about cost until he texted me demanding $4200 and when I didn't pay it but said we should work it out he listed it for sale all on his own which I think says plenty about who to trust here.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

I've got all the texts for them except for the LED displays, since that was quite some time ago...

Please provide the text that shows you quoting him a price of all the work to be performed and how you get to 4200 and him agreeing.

I strongly suggest you let the man have his game for the 2550 he agreed to pay. No way you’re going to get anything close to your asking price. It will do more for your rep than your wallet imo.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Plastics and LEDs were never agreed to in that price..
I dont think playboy plastics were even available when i first picked up the machine

Have some f'ing pride man. Just do the right thing.

You're really not better than this?

You can still do the right thing.

#227 6 years ago

Is it established anywhere text/otherwise of what the initial 1850 did or didn't include?

#228 6 years ago

Frankly 'Nifty' you have done more financial damage to yourself and business than if you had of absorbed the extra 2 grand. I'll follow this to see the missing texts that establish your tact as acceptable........

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please provide the text that shows you quoting him a price of all the work to be performed and how you get to 4200 and him agreeing.

Doesn't exist.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The original quote was to paint the cab & shop out the game - nothing more

1,850 seems a bit high for paint and a shop job.

#231 6 years ago

If I agreed to $4200 would we be here gentlemen? Would I have expressed immediate shock at his quote?

Is it more likely he didn't get what he thought he would so what does a low character individual do then? He tries to sell my game for EVEN MORE money.

I'd love to see the texts warning me of him selling the game too.

#232 6 years ago

This thread proves exactly why you should have everything in writing, on one piece of paper, with details and price and signatures. Any changes should be documented and signed. It's called a contract. Loosey goosey texts and/or verbal agreements frequently end in disputes.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

Exactly.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Awsklywabt:

Frankly 'Nifty' you have done more financial damage to yourself and business than if you had of absorbed the extra 2 grand. I'll follow this to see the missing texts that establish your tact as acceptable........

Watching this unfold I have to agree with this statement. I personally would not do business with you or your company after reading this and your replies.

Just think of how many more reading this thread have it ingrained in their brains now too...

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This thread proves exactly why you should have everything in writing, on one piece of paper, with details and price and signatures. Any changes should be documented and signed. It's called a contract. Loosey goosey texts and/or verbal agreements frequently end in disputes.

Absolutely. I agree and I was naive.

I never in my life of thought of screwing someone over on a pinball machine.

#236 6 years ago

Daniel , I know your a good guy
Do the right thing

Eat the labor cost of two years and give the guy his game back when you receive the $2550 from him
The $2550 covers parts and materials

It’s xmas time buddy

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

The guys cabinet was falling apart and he had a doorbell button as a start button drilled in to the cabinet... the cabinet needed SERIOUS work. It would not even stand on 4 legs cause you couldnt get them all on without the game falling over

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

so do the most detailed of contracts

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The guys cabinet was falling apart and he had a doorbell button as a start button drilled in to the cabinet... the cabinet needed SERIOUS work. It would not even stand on 4 legs cause you couldnt get them all on without the game falling over

At what point did you become aware of the OP's bulldog and 70 inch television (4K I believe!)?!

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

You saw the cabinet. You are the one who took the job. A job that took almost 2 and a half years as the texts show you constantly missing your quoted dates...

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At what point did you become aware of the OP's bulldog and 70 inch television (4K I believe!)?!

I should have listened to the dog when he didn't want to let him in the house.

Always a good judge of character.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

So why did you underquote him then?

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I guess that happens when you see someone younger than you with a nicer home, a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, three pinball machines, and whatever else you were drooling over.

Uh, guys, you gonna just let that fly? That's some seriously strange attitude to take here.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uh, guys, you gonna just let that fly? That's some seriously strange attitude to take here.

To be fair thats one strange post by the OP and like 10 for nifty. Haha

#245 6 years ago

Jeez Nifty....DO THE RIGHT THING and END this NOW!

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

yep

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Odd there isn't proof of it. Also odd you would knowing that we agreed to $1850 do work for beyond the amount we agreed to unless you thought I would pay without thinking twice about it.

I saw the Cayenne in the garage that you said isnt yours and the 1 High Speed pinball machine you have... nothing more.. I could give a crap

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

This game was in shambles when it came to me, couldnt even stand on all 4 legs...

Sounds like your best argument is that you don't know how to quote your own work accurately and now want more because your expenses were higher than you thought. Lame. You screwed up, and unless you gave the OP a heads up on increased costs, you blew it. No one to blame but yourself. Now you think the machine is worth more, so you want to sell it. Or keep it as a showcase. Pretty shady, and likely completely illegal.

Unless you can produce anything showing the OP agreed to these new charges, you're 100% in the wrong.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair thats one strange post by the OP and like 10 for nifty. Haha

This is why these things should work out in private. Truth is always in the middle, but I know one thing for sure, the American dream needs to be redefined to having a bulldog, three pinball machines, a Black Friday closeout TV set, and an "I'm richer than you so you're jealous!" attitude.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nifty is milking him for more money only because he thought the OP afford it and would cave to his silly demand of $4,200.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 199.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/5?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.