4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.
#151 6 years ago

Break out the popcorn.......

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You're not supposed to sell my machine for over $5k just because you decide to. That's probably the first place to start.
Pitchforks? I posted the texts. I'll gladly post more.
So sorry you got caught.

You dont want to pay for the work done.. what am i supposed to do? Hold the machine in perpetuity forever?

#153 6 years ago

Guys, ask yourselves if I would have ever agreed to the work if the cost would be $4200.

What is more likely? I agree to $1850 and we add on a board and playfield touch up since it's taking so long or I just said go wild and give me whatever price you feel like. Then, sell the machine if you feel like it too.

Horrible feeling.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Guys, ask yourselves if I would have ever agreed to the work if the cost would be $4200.
What is more likely? I agree to $1850 and we add on a board and playfield touch up since it's taking so long or I just said go wild and give me whatever price you feel like. Then, sell the machine if you feel like it too.
Horrible feeling.

How about i give you the $800 you paid for the machine and this all goes away? Since you wont answer your texts anymore

#155 6 years ago

You should get a break on labor for sure when someone works at their leisure. And a patience trophy. Both parties are financially invested at this point and I hope this can get resolved. I can't even imagine how I would feel if I saw my pin up for sale. I will offer to mediate and hold the pin if needed.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

You dont want to pay for the work done.. what am i supposed to do? Hold the machine in perpetuity forever?

Well maybe you communicate with me before you take it upon yourself to sell my property? How about that?

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

You have already had it this long. Maybe a direct phone call better for bussiness.Just

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong that has some people defending a guy selling my machine behind my back.
Have we lost perspective here?

It sure seems all wrong but I’d like to hear the other guys side of the story also. This is a very strange story for sure.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

I've got this all on text message.

Popcorn ready....

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

i've got this all on text message.

Please provide. OP has provide texts as well.

Quoted from NiftyLED:

Am I just supposed to eat all of this work done to it because the customer now decides he doesnt want to pay for it?

Absolutely if you overrun the original quote by almost 2k you bet your ass you’re eating it. A cost overrun that large would rear its head in plenty of time to communicate it to the buyer and get their approval before continuing. If you truely didn’t know it would be that much more until the work was done, that’s on you for poor estimation skills. Any contractor in the world would agree with that.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

How about i give you the $800 you paid for the machine and this all goes away?

Do you guys see what this is about now? He took my machine, treated it like his own, and now wants to cash it out. So he sends me $800 and makes whatever he is listing it at on Ebay or Craigslist or whatever.

You're a clown. Also, a petty scammer. This is how you need to make money?

#162 6 years ago

NiftyLED this is really bad business. Seeing your initial responses here is all I need to see.

Never buying Nifty, and if CGC/PPS use Nifty, then they can keep their remakes.

Bullies, crooks, and bad businessmen ruin this hobby.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Do you guys see what this is about now? He took my machine, treated it like his own, and now wants to cash it out. So he sends me $800 and makes whatever he is listing it at on Ebay or Craigslist or whatever.
You're a clown. Also, a petty scammer. This is how you need to make money?

So instead of trying to work this out, you resort to name calling? great..

#164 6 years ago

The "How about i give you the $800 you paid for the machine and this all goes away?" is about the best comment. Maybe the OP should determine what he'd like to sell the game for, it's not yours for what he paid. Just like you're not doing your work on the game for free.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Sounds like he is trying to work it out by offering original quote plus extras as agreed to....
Offering $800 is a shit move!

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

How is "I'll pay you $800 to keep your game" working it out?

#167 6 years ago

I wouldn't call giving the guy $800 for his original cost of the machine working it out. Just post the texts saying he agreed to more.....release the smoking gun....

#168 6 years ago

It’s clear Nifty wants to keep the game. They probably fell in love with it after seeing all the drooling responses all over their social media pages. They’ve taken many photos of your game and used it for marketing.

Now they want to keep a restored Playboy for $800.

#nevernifty

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

How is "I'll pay you $800 to keep your game" working it out?

This game was in shambles when it came to me, couldnt even stand on all 4 legs...

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

This game was in shambles when it came to me, couldnt even stand on all 4 legs...

Just WHY are you not honoring original quote plus extras???

#171 6 years ago

#whatnottodowithyourbusiness

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

He could've dropped off fire wood and 4 legs, doesn't matter. You don't get to keep it or decide the price that you will buy it for.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

So? Can we see where the OP agreed to pay you X amount of $ for X work? He is willing to pay for the prices agreed upon, just not the overruns You experienced. Pretty fair in my book.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

And how is that the point? You took his machine, offered to fix it for $X. And now you're saying it's more. You can't change the terms of the agreement.

Now if he really did say, "I'm a blank check, fix whatever you want for as much as you want," then post the texts/emails. Otherwise, you're looking kinda slimy right now.... First rule of holes: When you're in one, stop digging.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Too late man. Your responses here and what’s been seen in text messages, shows exactly what kind of business you run.

Thank god I buy Cointaker or Comet.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

How about i give you the $800 you paid for the machine and this all goes away?

Douce Chill Tobias.jpgDouce Chill Tobias.jpg

Not because.jpgNot because.jpg

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So? Can we see where the OP agreed to pay you X amount of $ for X work? He is willing to pay for the prices agreed upon, just not the overruns You experienced. Pretty fair in my book.

If he had those he would have posted them already.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

It doesn't matter what the condition the game was like when you got it. You agreed to fix it for X and return it to glory(ish state). If you went overboard without his consent itès on you. But if you have texts or information proving otherwise then this should be an easy open and shut case no?

#179 6 years ago

Lol

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just WHY are you not honoring original quote plus extras???

The OP isnt telling you the whole story here..

He agreed to replace all the boards, LED displays, LED kit, chrome on all the metal, new plastic set, replace the cabinet... I did all of this without asking for a dime in advance

The original quote was to paint the cab & shop out the game - nothing more

#181 6 years ago

No wonder it's 2k more they contract out the restoration work.

#182 6 years ago

I'll never understand this - business owners should realize that negative PR and press like this, especially in this small of a community, is not worth anywhere near the amount of money you might be out making a customer happy.

#183 6 years ago

Nifty, call the "pitchforks" what you will, but I've seen many threads change direction when the other side of the story is presented properly. So far, you've given short snide answers and claimed to have evidence. Nothing more. If evidence closes right now, you lose. So where's your evidence? Show us. Show us these texts. Don't tell us how much you think your work is worth--SHOW us where OP agreed to pay so much, and where YOU find authority to sell the pin.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

No wonder it's 2k more they contract out the restoration work.

Contracting out chrome and touchup isnt something we do ourselves...

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The OP isnt telling you the whole story here..
He agreed to replace all the boards, LED displays, LED kit, chrome on all the metal, new plastic set, replace the cabinet... I did all of this without asking for a dime in advance

Ok. Can OP dispute this with original text for quote? Or can Nifty provide such documentation?

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I wouldn't call giving the guy $800 for his original cost of the machine working it out. Just post the texts saying he agreed to more.....release the smoking gun....

Here you are. Exactly what I agreed to.

The boards are $550 plus $200 for touch up. That is what I agreed to and have maintained.

Now tell me how this turns into $4200 and my game being sold because he decides on his own 'I can't pay' or whatever.

He tried to steal my game and sell it before even ATTEMPTING to work anything out.

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-37-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-37-45 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-38-28 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-38-28 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-38-46 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-38-46 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-38-52 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-38-52 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-39-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-39-49 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-39-37 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-39-37 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-12-21-07-40-14 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-07-40-14 (resized).png

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

What was the final price you quoted him after he agreed to the additional work? That is what he owes you.

#188 6 years ago

So lets see the texts, contract, whatever. You'd think if you run a business, you'd have, um you know, records better than a dude.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Then SOMEONE is full of shit here.....

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was the final price you quoted him after he agreed to the additional work? That is what he owes you.

$1850 plus the board and touch up. Exactly as my texts state and show.

Even if he went over budget or whatever what gives him the right to decide to sell my game without telling me or even trying to resolve this? Do I seem crazy unreasonable to you?

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Even if he went over budget or whatever what gives him the right to decide to sell my game without telling me or even trying to resolve this? Do I seem crazy unreasonable to you?

No. Not unreasonable at all. Him trying to sell the game is a completely separate level of goofiness I can’t comprehend at the moment. Haha

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Here you are. Exactly what I agreed to.
The boards are $550 plus $200 for touch up. That is what I agreed to and have maintained.
Now tell me how this turns into $4200 and my game being sold because he decides on his own 'I can't pay' or whatever.
He tried to steal my game and sell it before even ATTEMPTING to work anything out.

I mean text showing the original agreed amount, then the add-ons that you agreed to. Right now I didn't see a text saying I'll do it for $1850...or maybe a i just missed it. I know you have the $1850 in your text there but Ièm talking abou tthe oringal one.

#193 6 years ago

I mean text showing the original agreed amount, then the add-ons that you agreed to. Right now I didn't see a text saying I'll do it for X...or maybe a i just missed it.

I don’t either. Nifty please provide us information where you updated the OP on the final estimated price of the work after all additional work was agreed to.

#194 6 years ago

I mean text showing the original agreed amount, then the add-ons that you agreed to. Right now I didn't see a text saying I'll do it for $1850...or maybe a i just missed it.

I just have the texts saying we agreed to $1850 which you notice he doesn't dispute and even in the texts now he goes, 'oohhhhh the original agreed amount' which is the $1850.

Sorry I don't have anything more specific on this as I didn't think I would be taking this to a court of law. I was naive.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t either. Nifty please provide us information where you updated the OP on the final estimated price of the work after all additional work was agreed to.

Yes, or get your buddy jar155 to do it since he seems to know more than anyone else.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because that doesn't exist.

He just did whatever he wanted, at whatever pace he wanted, and then decided on whatever price he wanted.

#197 6 years ago

I get it. While he doesn't dispute it when you mention it, he still hasn't provided the extra labor cost texts...

#198 6 years ago
#199 6 years ago

I get it. While he doesn't dispute it when you mention it, he still hasn't provided the extra labor cost texts...

He's probably busy selling his cell phone on ebay because it isn't showing him what he wants to see.

#200 6 years ago

This thread is tying up my entire morning...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 22.50
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/4?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.