New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 205640)

The Nifty Playboy Bulldog Incident

By Sticky

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,375 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E365DB6-A589-41D0-9F2D-00AD2296188A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0859 (resized).JPG
goodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png
31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png
614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png
scrooge_pic01 (resized).jpg
ec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpg
IMG_3896 (resized).PNG
4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1374 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

take 10 buddies and show up to get the game.

I'd feel like a bit of an asshole trying to round up 10 pals to go out West on a tough guy mission to reclaim my property.

Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

OJ (resized).jpg

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Who wants to hear the other side of the story? OP isn't exactly the victim he makes himself out to be...

Please, all ears.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Who wants to hear the other side of the story? OP isn't exactly the victim he makes himself out to be...

would love to hear it, but no matter what the restorer in this case attempted to sell someone elses property... That is not how you resolve a situation like this.

#104 2 years ago

Don't worry Santa sees everything. He may not even get a lump of coal if all this is correct.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This is Pinside ....... only one side is needed!

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yes please have nifty come defend themselves. This does not look good for them at all right now. Haven’t heard anything bad about them until this point.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

would love to hear it, but no matter what the restorer in this case attempted to sell someone elses property... That is not how you resolve a situation like this.

I'd love to hear it as well.

Maybe I was supposed to wait three years and start asking questions after my machine sells?

Maybe I'm supposed to be a fan of over budget and behind schedule?

Clearly it's on me.

#108 2 years ago

niftyled here you go... What’s going on?

#109 2 years ago

I'm not going to get too involved in this, because it's not my fight, but I do know that the OP had been if ignoring texts and requests to pay, so this was the attention getter move.

You can't just keep adding more services to a restoration and then expect the price not to go up. And then you can't expect the restorer to eat that cost just because you no longer like it.

Maybe offer to sell out what you're into it, because the restorer needs to be made whole too. You skip out on your bill, it screws them as much as you feel you're getting screwed by not having your game. They've probably fronted as much or more money into this than you have into your game.

#110 2 years ago

This whole story is interesting. I would agree with the question, why did it take two years? Something is amiss here in this story. The truth is somewhere in the middle I am betting!

#111 2 years ago

Capture (resized).PNG

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm not going to get too involved in this, because it's not my fight, but I do know that the OP had been if ignoring texts and requests to pay, so this was the attention getter move.
You can't just keep adding more services to a restoration and then expect the price not to go up. And then you can't expect the restorer to eat that cost just because you no longer like it.
Maybe offer to sell out what you're into it, because the restorer needs to be made whole too. You skip out on your bill, it screws them as much as you feel you're getting screwed by not having your game. They've probably fronted as much or more money into this than you have into your game.

Please provide proof, any proof, of me ignoring texts and requests to pay. Seriously, anything. Any receipt. Any request for payment. ANYTHING.

I posted the final texts I had before my machine was listed illegally for sale without any notice.

Why would you lie like this? For whom? For what?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

#113 2 years ago

Wow.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

According to the OP he agreed to have stuff done for the price of 1850. It took years to complete and when finished he was told more stuff was done and the price more than doubled.

OP did you ask for more stuff to be done after the initial agreement of services for 1850?

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

this was the attention getter move

Well, it certainly got it. So, now what?

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not me. Definitely don't need any more entertainment this morning.

Ok I'm shitting you. Let's hear it!

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Please provide proof, any proof, of me ignoring tests and requests to pay. Seriously, anything. Any receipt. Any request for payment. Any text. ANYTHING.
I posted the final texts I had.
Why would you lie like this? For whom? For what?
You should be ashamed of yourself.

He cant as he's "not going to get involved in this as its not his fight"

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, it certainly got it. So, now what?

Let's see. Not my fight, but let's see.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

According to the OP he agreed to have stuff done for the price of 1850. It took years to complete and when finished he was told more stuff was done and the price more than doubled.
OP did you ask for more stuff to be done after the initial agreement of services for 1850?

Yes a new board for $500 and touchup for $200. I have the texts. That was over a year ago by the way.

#120 2 years ago

A couple of observations:

Mechanics' liens, strangely enough to the uninitiated, don't apply to mechanics. They apply to contractors and suppliers for labor and materials furnished to construction projects, and then only after proper notices of claim of lien are issued. You're safe there.

It seems to me that there is a disconnect between a budget/estimate and an agreed-upon contract price. I think that's where this dispute will land, not that the restorer should be permitted to go over the original estimate or budget without at least telling you! And before people start chiming in about getting things in writing, I'm a lawyer and I don't do business that way. I've had lots of pins restored and I have never had a written contract for the work--nor have I ever had an issue.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Yes a new board for $500 and touchup for $200. I have the texts. That was over a year ago by the way.

So at this point you’re okay with spending 2550 for the work done correct?

Yeah that jumping to 4200 after over a year is nuts.

#122 2 years ago

I'm literally sitting here saying I'll pay what we agreed to. I literally texted him I would agree to pay even now what we agreed to.

Instead he wrote, 'Oh you made it sound like you couldn't pay.' He didn't write, you never responded to me or any requests for payment or any receipts. What that means is he decided to create his own narrative and steal my machine.

Why someone would imply otherwise with literally zero proof is disappointing to say the least.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So at this point you’re okay with spending 2550 for the work done correct?
Yeah that jumping to 4200 after over a year is nuts.

EXACTLY! I was fine with that back when I texted him I was fine with that. He is the one who never responded and listed my machine for sale. There was no explanation. No notification. Nothing.

Yes, I'm saying I'll pay what we agreed to. That is the right thing to do, right?

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

A couple of observations:
Mechanics' liens, strangely enough to the uninitiated, don't apply to mechanics. They apply to contractors and suppliers for labor and materials furnished to construction projects, and then only after proper notices of claim of lien are issued. You're safe there.
It seems to me that there is a disconnect between a budget/estimate and an agreed-upon contract price. I think that's where this dispute will land, not that the restorer should be permitted to go over the original estimate or budget without at least telling you! And before people start chiming in about getting things in writing, I'm a lawyer and I don't do business that way. I've had lots of pins restored and I have never had a written contract for the work--nor have I ever had an issue.

Agreed but even so what gives him the right to try to sell my machine behind my back? Doesn't that alone show plenty of evidence of his intent? He wanted to scam this restore into more money.

#125 2 years ago

So if your mechanic gouges you, you refuse to pay, then he can legally sell your car?

Vacation-Repair-Shop (resized).jpg

#126 2 years ago

This scenario is exactly why I stopped restoring games. I got left with a game a customer refused to pay for. They had me put more into it than it was worth. When I was done, they didn't want to pay and argued they could buy another entire used game for the cost. True, but they agreed to have it restored.

To the OP, make a deal. Let him sell it and pay back your value to you, or figure something else out. They're always restoring games over there, and this is the first time I've seen an issue. To be the first with a problem does imply that something is different. Try to work it out for longer than an hour or two before dragging it to Pinside.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This scenario is exactly why I stopped restoring games. I got left with a game a customer refused to pay for. They had me put more into it than it was worth. When I was done, they didn't want to pay and argued they could buy another entire used game for the cost. True, but they agreed to have it restored.
To the OP, make a deal. Let him sell it and pay back your value to you, or figure something else out. They're always restoring games over there, and this is the first time I've seen an issue. To be the first goes imply that something is different. Try to work it out for longer than an hour or two before dragging it to Pinside.

You act like you know the whole story so why not just tell us?

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

To the OP, make a deal. Let him sell it and pay back your value to you, or figure something else out. They're always restoring games over there, and this is the first time I've seen an issue. To be the first goes imply that something is different. Try to work it out for longer than an hour or two before dragging it to Pinside.

This is not about me not paying for work I asked to be done. I am more than willing to pay for the cost of what I requested.

He saw a target and decided to up the price beyond what we agreed to. There is nothing in any correspondence corroborating me saying he can go nuts and just have a blank check to work with. This is not me skipping out on the bill.

This is a scammer who tried to extort money from me and then tried to sell my machine. Let's not muddy the waters with people who refuse to pay. I tried to pay and he took it upon himself to milk this for every dollar even if that means stealing from me.

#129 2 years ago

He has no right to sell that game. None whatsoever.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sounds like you know more than you're letting on.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm waiting for it too.

No idea who this guy is but apparently he knows what happend better than I do. People never cease to amaze me.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

To the OP, make a deal. Let him sell it and pay back your value to you, or figure something else out. They're always restoring games over there, and this is the first time I've seen an issue. To be the first with a problem does imply that something is different. Try to work it out for longer than an hour or two before dragging it to Pinside.

The moment that someone posts my game for sale on Facebook and Ebay I'm going to Pinside for sure.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Honestly outside of nifty being one of Jeff’s sponsors o don’t see how jeff is involved in this at all. I would like to hear from nifty and why this took years and where the OP agreed to work performed above and beyond 2550

If nifty wants to drag claim law into this they need to treat this as a construction contract and get all change orders approved by the OP before continuing or eat that cost.

#134 2 years ago

He saw your Porsche and believes you can afford to pay more.

I doubt this anything to do with the actual materials or labor.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Why don't you tell your cronies over there that they should "try to work it out for an hour or two" before putting his game up for sale?

Come on man...you say they were fishing for his attention? Well, clearly they got it. To suggest he shouldn't have "dragged it before pinside" is absurd.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Let him sell it? WTF? Is that the way you do things?

#137 2 years ago

I'm still curious about the work performed before that lead to this and why you let them keep it for two years?

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly outside of nifty being one of Jeff’s sponsors o don’t see how jeff is involved in this at all. I would like to hear from nifty and why this took years and where the OP agreed to work performed above and beyond 2550
If nifty wants to drag claim law into this they need to treat this as a construction contract and get all change orders approved by the OP before continuing or eat that cost.

He’s involved because he involved himself by acting like the OP is at fault. He can’t just come on here and drag the OP through the mud and not be willing to give people the facts of what happened.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

He saw your Porsche and believes you can afford to pay more.
I doubt this anything to do with the actual materials or labor.

Bingo. Plus he was inside my home repairing another machine (labor I had no problem paying for, imagine that) and saw what I have and upped the price. When I didn't cave in he tried to sell it on his own and make more money.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He’s involved because he involved himself by acting like the OP is at fault. He can’t just come on here and drag the OP through the mud and not be willing to give people the facts of what happened.

That’s my point. The only info I think he has is what nifty has told him. I want to hear niftys side not someone nifty talked to. Telephone is a fun game for a reason.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I'm still curious about the work performed before that lead to this and why you let them keep it for two years?

Naivety I guess. I wasn't in a rush or anything. I already have pins taking up space.

I told him quality work is worth waiting for when he apologized for how long it was taking but that was in August 2016.

He finally finished it at his leisure and now wants a big payday.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong that has some people defending a guy selling my machine behind my back.

Have we lost perspective here?

#143 2 years ago

Very interesting topic. What im confused about is there are several guys at nifty, this affects all of them and drags them all down and company. Not the best way to negotiate putting game up for sale. Just tacky bad bussiness.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s my point. The only info I think he has is what nifty has told him. I want to hear niftys side not someone nifty talked to. Telephone is a fun game for a reason.

He’s just going against the grain like he always does. Not saying he isn’t right but if he’s going to involve himself in the story then he should tell us what he’s talking about.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why don't you tell your cronies over there that they should "try to work it out for an hour or two" before putting his game up for sale?
Come on man...you say they were fishing for his attention? Well, clearly they got it. To suggest he shouldn't have "dragged it before pinside" is absurd.

Look, I know more about this, but I'm not going to speak for anybody that is capable of doing it for themselves. I'm nobody's white knight or anything. I'm just saying that before we get 10 pages rallying behind one side of the story, maybe pump the breaks and wait to hear both sides.

#146 2 years ago

The Pinside Pitchforks are really out strong on this one without ever hearing the other side of the story.

The UNDISPUTED FACTS ARE Customer agreed to all of the work done to the machine, i've got this all on text message.

I am not looking for a big payday here, ive got time and money in to this machine, ordering parts, paying contractors for work done to this machine, all at the customers direction and permission.

Am I just supposed to eat all of this work done to it because the customer now decides he doesnt want to pay for it?

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Look, I know more about this, but I'm not going to speak for anybody that is capable of doing it for themselves. I'm nobody's white knight or anything. I'm just saying that before we get 10 pages rallying behind one side of the story, maybe pump the breaks and wait to hear both sides.

How convenient.

So someone I never talked to ever before in Utah apparently knows more about my Playboy machine? If you know so much why didn't you ever PM me? Maybe let me know he was listing it for sale? Maybe said... anything?

I challenge you to prove your assertions. Please.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The Pinside Pitchforks are really out strong on this one without ever hearing the other side of the story.
The UNDISPUTED FACTS ARE Customer agreed to all of the work done to the machine, i've got this all on text message.
I am not looking for a big payday here, ive got time and money in to this machine, ordering parts, paying contractors for work done to this machine, all at the customers direction and permission.
Am I just supposed to eat all of this work done to it because the customer now decides he doesnt want to pay for it?

You're not supposed to sell my machine for over $5k just because you decide to. That's probably the first place to start.

Pitchforks? I posted the texts. I'll gladly post more.

So sorry you got caught.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Did you tell the OP you were putting his game up for sale?

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Make sure he addresses why so long and when the OP agreed to a price almost 2k more what he was quoted and why that wasn’t communicated before continuing with the work. If it was, please provide that communication. The OP seems very confident that communication was never had.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 22.50
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kings Park, NY
There are 1374 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside