4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.
#51 6 years ago

Looks like I have to go to the police:

newscreen1 (resized).pngnewscreen1 (resized).png

newscreen2 (resized).pngnewscreen2 (resized).png

#52 6 years ago

What a dickhead to reply to you like that. Can't wait to see the outcome! Scan and post the police report once you have it too.

#53 6 years ago

I can think of about 10 ways he could have handled this and that wasn't one of them.

#54 6 years ago

Ok, I’m not buying anything from NIFTYLED after seeing this. This is a worst case scenario for a collector in this hobby.

Just seeing $5k for a playboy on some vendor’s site is enough for me to roll my eyes and say that place is a joke.

It would have to be signed by Hefner, and some or all of the girls featured in the game, or something special like that.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for sure! Always worth making sure you get the thread on fire and get the word out. If the guy has even a speck of understanding on how business works he will see the thread, contact you privately to ensure you get the machine for EXACTLY the quoted price of the restoration, and then you can return to say all is resolved.
If he is stupid he sinks his business.

Considering he thought I wouldn't notice him selling my machine online I think he really is that stupid.

#56 6 years ago

Is he on Pinside? Was that covered already?

#57 6 years ago

Have a feeling the Police aren't going to do much for something like this but best to go to them and at least get some sort of documentation that you went!

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Ok, I’m not buying anything from NIFTYLED after seeing this.

Yes exactly. Why would he not act appropriately when he has a business image to maintain? Is it worth dragging Nifty through the mud? Not good business

He needs to make things right and compromise, if he failed to get it in writing he failed as a businessman who owns a small business. If he loses money he loses money and maybe he will learn a lesson from this?

#59 6 years ago

Does he own niftyled or just work there? If he owns it, this probably won’t end well. Seemed like they were everyone’s 3rd or 4th choice to buy LEDs from anyway.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

business image to maintain?

https://www.facebook.com/niftyled/

Your not supposed to judge a book by its cover but the pictures on Facebook sort of reflects that image is not of a concern

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Ok, I’m not buying anything from NIFTYLED after seeing this. This is a worst case scenario for a collector in this hobby.
Just seeing $5k for a playboy on some vendor’s site is enough for me to roll my eyes and say that place is a joke.
It would have to be signed by Hefner, and some or all of the girls featured in the game, or something special like that.

Just want to say thanks for the support guys.

He is just saying 'I want it for free' and mocking me going to the cops or to court with this.

I didn't pay much for the machine so it's not a big deal. I bought it with my Getaway from a cool Pinsider who gave me a great deal knowing it was a restoration project.

All he had to do was give me the machine for what we agreed to, no problem. Instead he tried to scam me and sell it.

Thank you for the support.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Your not supposed to judge a book by its cover but the pictures on Facebook sort of reflects that image is not of a concern

Yeah, I saw the image of the naked guy holding a box of flashers in front of his genitals and thought that was in poor taste.

#63 6 years ago

If his labor became more than he thought he should have contacted you before proceeding. If he didn't realize until he added everything up at the end then he's not very good at this.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Seems legit...

#65 6 years ago

Gross, that FT and WH2O just dropped in value.

OP, sorry you are going through this. Pretty crazy that this guy instantly put the game up for sale without trying to work anything out.

#66 6 years ago

Nice tattoo.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I would add niftyled in your title also. Most folks around here know that name over orange county pinball.

I did as you recommended. Good idea.

#68 6 years ago

Welp, pretty sure NiftyLED will take more of a hit business wise than they ever would have thought because of this.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Welp, pretty sure NiftyLED will take more of a hit business wise than they ever would have thought because of this.

Were they really selling many to begin with? Their facebook page has 2 reviews and they are most peoples 5th at best option for LED's.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Were they really selling many to begin with? Their facebook page has 2 reviews and they are most peoples 5th at best option for LED's.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seemed like they were everyone’s 3rd or 4th choice to buy LEDs from anyway.

Guess I was being too kind.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've never bought from them, so yeah....

#73 6 years ago

There was probably a way to meet in the middle somewhere, with a rational phone call and explanation of what the charges were and attempt to work something out. And if there was a disagreement about paying for work that was never asked for, then it's on the business to eat it for their bad judgement. End of.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There was probably a way to meet in the middle somewhere, with a rational phone call and explanation of what the charges were and attempt to work something out. And if there was a disagreement about paying for work that was never asked for, then it's on the business to eat it for their bad judgement. End of.

Yea, seems like the guy wants to keep the game. He is not even trying. His $5k price tag assures he will keep it.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Exactly.

I'm very reasonable. I think that shows in my patience for this plus I hired him for other work as I'm loyal to pinside businesses. I like supporting the guys here and the people who advertise. It's a cool community.

He didn't even try to work anything out. He just went and listed it for sale without ever saying anything or responding to me asking to work it out.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Their LED's are used in all the CGC/PPS remakes.

#77 6 years ago

What other work did they do to make you feel good about a restoration taking two years? There may be some crazy law that after having it so long they now own it. I hope this all gets worked out.

#78 6 years ago

What absolute dicks.

#79 6 years ago

If you go to NIFTY LED Instagram page, your game is featured in several posts down the page.

Besides walking into someone’s house and robbing them of their games while they sleep, this is the worst thing you can do to somebody in this hobby.

Take three times longer than expected to do a job
+
Inflate their final bill with poor communication that it’s happening
+
Out of nowhere put their game up for sale online without warning
+
Taunt them to go to the authorities or courts when they try to get it back

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

All of the inserts are boards. That explains why my MMr was dark. I swapped all of those crappy GI bulbs out for Comet optix maximus bulbs.

#81 6 years ago

Wouldn't a company buy them directly from the manufacturer and not from a small time distributor?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

If you go to NIFTY LED Instagram page, your game is featured in several posts down the page.
Besides walking into someone’s house and robbing them of their games while they sleep, this is the worst thing you can do to somebody in this hobby.
Take three times longer than expected to do a job
+
Inflate their final bill with poor communication that it’s happening
+
Out of nowhere put their game up for sale online without warning
+
Taunt them to go to the authorities or courts when you try to get it back

Bingo.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Well then CGC/PPS needs to know the kind of people they do business with.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I went back through the dates and it's been two years and three months since he got my machine.

Anyone who takes more than 3-6 months to do that type of work either doesn't know what he's doing or isn't serious. For that amount of money you could have plopped a replacement MPU board from Altek and do the touch up work yourself.

Why don't you go over there and get your game?

#85 6 years ago

In today's world I can't see any major players buying or associating with someone who post pics of a guy with a box on his Johnson.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Wouldn't a company buy them directly from the manufacturer and not from a small time distributor?

I think stern uses cointaker

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Anyone who takes more than 3-6 months to do that type of work either doesn't know what he's doing or isn't serious. For that amount of money you could have plopped a replacement MPU board from Altek and do the touch up work yourself.
Why don't you go over there and get your game?

Considering it.

He's now saying it's a mechanics lien sale to try to scare off small claims court. I mean what a piece of work this guy is.

He's handling it all wrong but I'm done playing games. If honoring our agreement isn't worth his reputation then oh well.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Well then CGC/PPS needs to know the kind of people they do business with. I’m not buying any games with NIFTY LED’s in it.
It sounds like a dramatic stance, but trust me, I don’t support bullies or crooks. There are plenty of cool games out there to buy and enjoy.

can someone please bring this to the attention of CGC and PPS so they know the LED supplier they are supporting.

#89 6 years ago

Now he wants to remove the chrome, remove plastics, and hack up the machine. That's his 'offer' to me.

So either I pay the extorted amount or he destroys it.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Considering it.

take 10 buddies and show up to get the game.

Print our your original agreement and bring the cash to pay. Let him call the cops when he sees he is going to get his ass pummled if he does not deal with it.

Remain calm and show the cops the paperwork and explain you just came to pay the agreed price and pick up the game.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Use to....they go factory direct.

#92 6 years ago

No wonder new games cost so much. All the middle men with their markups. That's kind of dumb IMO.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I don’t think so. Stern is stamped on all the stern bulbs. Would be weird if CT did that for them. Stern is going to the source I’m sure. From what I understand everyone gets their LEDs from the same place anyway.

#94 6 years ago

Just to clarify. Evan is a good guy at orangecountypinballs.com. Pinballs with an s. Orangecountypinball.com needs to be avoided. 2 completely different companies. The OP and I have had great experiences with Evan at orangecountypinballs.com

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Now he wants to remove the chrome, remove plastics, and hack up the machine. That's his 'offer' to me.
So either I pay the extorted amount or he destroys it.

I sort of understand removing some parts to try to work out a deal....but then (if I am reading this correctly) he wants to damage the playfield for no reason except perhaps spite...

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I sort of understand removing some parts to try to work out a deal....but then (if I am reading this correctly) he wants to damage the playfield for no reason except perhaps spite...

yeah BUT according to the OP these parts were included in the price agreed upon

#97 6 years ago

Even took a established name. I hate that. I got fooled with a burrito the other day from a place that has everything looking like an Alberto's.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If you consider removing the plastics spite. He's just trying to basically strip out what he can I guess.

I guess he feels if you take a car in for work it's reasonable to strip out the interior or electronics and sell them to offset any additional costs the shop comes up with.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

yeah BUT according to the OP these parts were included in the price agreed upon

They were. The plastics were the first thing we discussed.

He's just trying any tactic at this point. I'm just done with it. I'll go through the proper channels.

Even if I was out of line or whatever the fact he is willing to completely ruin his company and anyone associated for a few bucks speaks of his character. As if him trying to sell the machine behind my back didn't do that by itself.

#100 6 years ago

Who wants to hear the other side of the story? OP isn't exactly the victim he makes himself out to be...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/2?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.