4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Game still seems to be for sale. Found this this morning

Clear your cache maybe ?

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Game still seems to be for sale. Found this this morning

Heh how many places was it listed?

Rest assured gentlemen, I'm not selling it.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How exactly are you going to prove the game is yours? There is no paperwork and only an oral agreement and a few random texts. Cops have a lot better things to do and are not going to touch this.
You literally recommended showing up with a large force to intimidate Nifty into giving the game back? What happens when he says F off and get off my property? If the cops show up the only thing that may happen is you get charged with trespassing. If Nifty feels threatened or if things get heated you are on someone's property trying to take an item by force and you are very likely to get shot. This is literally how people end up dead over nothing every day of the week.

ASK O.J.

#1304 6 years ago

id take machine and not offer a damn dime! damage was done.

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

id take machine and not offer a damn dime! damage was done.

That’s the Christmas spirit!

#1306 6 years ago

Came here for some LEDs, left with some LULz.

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from GreaseBall:

Came here for some LEDs, left with some LULz.

I wasn’t going to post anymore in this thread since it was resolved till I saw this post.
Came for leds but left with some penises?!
( that’s what LUL means in Dutch )

Now that a Xmas present for under the tree

#1308 6 years ago

When do you get the pin?

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

When do you get the pin?

Don't expect to come in here and ask that without reading at least 4 hours worth!

#1310 6 years ago

No - I read it all. It’s at his dads. When does he get it back to his house to play!

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I wasn’t going to post anymore in this thread since it was resolved till I saw this post.
Came for leds but left with some penises?!
( that’s what LUL means in Dutch )
Now that a Xmas present for under the tree

I'll take it, can't threaten me with a good time.

#1313 6 years ago

Once this dispute turned into a complete disaster on pinside, the vendor did massive public relations damage control and gave the job away for free.

Now everyone is happy and charmed.

Maybe it's because I work in construction, so I have a different perspective, I'm more fatigued with dealing with this kind of crap.

Let me give you guys a piece of golden advice:

There is no contract that can ever take the place of an honest agreement between two honest people.

#1315 6 years ago

You can say THAT again!

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You can say THAT again!

I'm going to go get the papers

get the papers

goodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpggoodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpg

#1317 6 years ago

If anybody missed out on this restored Playboy while it was up for sale, there is a comparable in the same general area.

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If anybody missed out on this restored Playboy while it was up for sale, there is a comparable in the same general area.
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

$600 more and no Chrome.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

$600 more and no Chrome.

Looks to be missing the artistic touch up skills too.

#1320 6 years ago

How much is a really nice bally playboy worth?

I don't mean how much are dealers asking, I mean how much would YOU have to spend to get a really nice example?

$2000 maybe? $2500?

You don't automatically get back the money you dumped into a beat up game.

Many a man has bought a project and ended up dumping 2X or 3X the repair cost into it than it is worth when he's done.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

How much is a really nice bally playboy worth?
I don't mean how much are dealers asking, I mean how much would YOU have to spend to get a really nice example?
$2000 maybe? $2500?
You don't automatically get back the money you dumped into a beat up game.
Many a man has bought a project and ended up dumping 2X or 3X the repair cost into it than it is worth when he's done.

YEP, I put so much in my TAF you'd vomit....But it is a beauty and staying for a long long time

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

YEP, I put so much in my TAF you'd vomit....But it is a beauty and staying for a long long time

I met college kid recently and he said he was going to buy a "project" porsche 911.

Buying any project car is a black hole that sucks up money but you can just imagine what a project porsche 911 would be like.

So I said, "Listen, I don't like to give out unsolicited advice, but before you buy that car you need to do a very careful assessment of the cost to restore it and then triple the estimate."

He probably ignored me, there are some bitter lessons you can only learn by doing.

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I met college kid recently and he said he was going to buy a "project" porsche 911.
Buying any project car is a black hole that sucks up money but you can just imagine what a project porsche 911 would be like.
So I said, "Listen, I don't like to give out unsolicited advice, but before you buy that car you need to do a very careful assessment of the cost to restore it and then triple the estimate."
He probably ignored me, there are some bitter lessons you can only learn by doing.

Yeah sooo true. Reminds me of the 56 Chevy I bought many, many moons ago. It was someones project that the guy held onto for his lifetime. And I really mean his lifetime. It was sold several times since his passing. Each new owner putting more money into it and then realizing they couldn't finish and sold it for a loss just to get rid of it. By the time I got it, it had all NOS chrome and new interior. Disassembled motor and trany. All the parts still in boxes. The new parts took up as much room as the car. I got the car for a fire sale price then put it in storage until the Carlisle Pa auto show came up the following year. Sold it right away for a nice profit.

#1324 6 years ago

I think any project is going to leave you upside down, even if you don’t count your labor as a cost. If you pay for labor then you will be way over the value.

#1325 6 years ago

Restores dont make great money. Even if your really great at and it takes you a month to do a 10k game and you have 5k in parts. Most of us here make 5k a month with less headache and more consistency.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

I think any project is going to leave you upside down, even if you don’t count your labor as a cost. If you pay for labor then you will be way over the value.

It depends. You would be right 95% of the time.

But sometimes an item will look really nasty and not work, and all it really needs is a good cleaning and a little TLC.

I bought a "dead" asteroids game back to life by hooking a loose wire back on the interlock switch.

A couple hours with windex and 409 turned it into a showpiece.

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah sooo true. Reminds me of the 56 Chevy I bought many, many moons ago. It was someones project that the guy held onto for his lifetime. And I really mean his lifetime. It was sold several times since his passing. Each new owner putting more money into it and then realizing they couldn't finish and sold it for a loss just to get rid of it. By the time I got it, it had all NOS chrome and new interior. Disassembled motor and trany. All the parts still in boxes. The new parts took up as much room as the car. I got the car for a fire sale price then put it in storage until the Carlisle Pa auto show came up the following year. Sold it right away for a nice profit.

That's awesome.

That could be a good retirement business. Buy project cars right when the poor bastard is sick to death of it.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

Personal restorations are more about learning to be honest. Even if I sold my TAF or my CV, I gained something far more important than money; I learned how to restore a machine, which is something I never thought I’d do.

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Personal restorations are more about learning to be honest. Even if I sold my TAF or my CV, I gained something far more important than money; I learned how to restore a machine, which is something I never thought I’d do.

Well said. I dont even want to add up what Ive spent upgrading and restoring pins. Could easally bought 4 more pins.
Just this week ive learned a dozen more things putting back together my Indiana Jones. 20 plus hours this week....so far.

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Restores dont make great money. Even if your really great at and it takes you a month to do a 10k game and you have 5k in parts. Most of us here make 5k a month with less headache and more consistency.

Most of us doing restores don't do this full time. Most enjoy doing it.

#1331 6 years ago

I have read the entire thread.....I don’t mean any ill will to Nifty but all they did was damage control. To the OP he just wanted his game back and not be charged more than what should have been charged in the first place. If this were me with the crap they tried to pull and they tried to make good by offering my game back at no charge I would take it and not give them a penny because they aren’t doing it to benefit me...they are trying to save their own ass. Nifty does not deserve a pass at all. Any good company would never have let this escalate to a public display. The one partner sounds like he had no idea what was going on and did the smart thing but the damage is done....should consider dissolving that partnership and move on. What is important is the OP got his game on terms he was OK with from the beginning.

Now it seems many people know the guys at Nifty and say they are good guys...that may be true. I am sure all of us have friends that are great guys....but if you think about some of them you probably wouldn’t recommend them for a job where you work because you “know” how they really are........
Enough said and all is well that ends well.

#1332 6 years ago

Wow what a thread. I think the people that flamed the good folks on pinside for adding drama into this should be ashamed of themselves. If it wasn't for this community helping out one another this would have been drastically different. Everyone that helped out earlier in this thread should be proud for stepping in. You don't usually get good endings on situations like these and gotta say pinside had a major influence.

#1333 6 years ago

Am I the only one who wants to see Sticky post a pic of the machine set up in his home giving the all clear thumbs up? This thread (or chapter in the story) needs a happy ending. Let's see that pic of Playboy set up and being enjoyed.

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Wow what a thread. I think the people that flamed the good folks on pinside for adding drama into this should be ashamed of themselves. If it wasn't for this community helping out one another this would have been drastically different. Everyone that helped out earlier in this thread should be proud for stepping in. You don't usually get good endings on situations like these and gotta say pinside had a major influence.

I agree.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I have read the entire thread.....I don’t mean any ill will to Nifty but all they did was damage control.

I guess you missed the part where they did the actual damage.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I agree.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Among the best quotes of the great former supreme court justice, Louis D. Brandeis.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Am I the only one who wants to see Sticky post a pic of the machine set up in his home giving the all clear thumbs up? This thread (or chapter in the story) needs a happy ending. Let's see that pic of Playboy set up and being enjoyed.

Yes.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Soon gentlemen. I promise to update with details and offer closure to what was one of the most interesting threads I've ever participated in.

#1339 6 years ago

My wife told me that when she was a kid and her parents gave her some quarters for the arcade, she would play the Playboy pin because she figured it was a "girl's game".

Because it had girls on it and not dumb boy stuff like cars or space ships.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

My wife told me that when she was a kid and her parents gave her some quarters for the arcade, she would play the Playboy pin because she figured it was a "girl's game".

When I was young we played it because it was the newest Bally and it was everywhere, but for no other reason than that.

In the mid 70s Bally was starting to blow all the competition away with it's fast gameplay and contemporary art packages and by the end of the 70s into the early 80s they were king.

Playboy was average in gameplay, and we were still trying to get used to those electronic sounds, but compared to some of the other games at the time, it was pretty fun.

#1341 6 years ago

If I were to choose a single Bally from the era it would be Centaur.

However, the Playboy represents several things. The unobtainable for one. Hot chicks, money, incredible success, etc. When I was younger Playboy was a fantasy. It feels good to be able to own one now.

Furthermore, it's the ultimate man cave accessory. My place is like a big bachelor pad so the Playboy machine just adds that extra sort of vintage cool that nothing else can replicate.

The styling and sounds you just can't beat.

As for the gameplay, not the best of the era we all know that. Not the worst either. Definitely contrasts with my other machines offering something very different.

Quite the conversation starter too plus with Heff passing away it carries quite a bit of nostalgia.

I like it a lot.

#1342 6 years ago

I'm not that much of a fan of the late EM / early SS games. Game play is too slow for me.

The earliest pin I really liked was williams Space Shuttle.

The playboy pin has a nice tie-in with playboy magazine so it's a solid collector item

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I'm not that much of a fan of the late EM / early SS games. Game play is too slow for me.

The earliest pin I really liked was williams Space Shuttle.

These statements always crack me up. My Skateball, Flash Gordon, and Stars play as fast or faster and less clunky than any Space Shuttle I ever played.

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These statements always crack me up. My Skateball, Flash Gordon, and Stars play as fast or faster and less clunky than any Space Shuttle I ever played.

Haha whenever I hear "Flash Gordon" & "Slow" in the same sentence I just tune out.

#1345 6 years ago

Playboy is special to me because it's one of the first pins that I spent a whole summer playing. The art didn't seem like much to me because I lived in a nudist colony. Back in the day naked woman were everywhere, and I was always front row at every Miss Nude USA pageant even though I was too young to really appreciate the experience. It was great to get a couple games on one again for sure.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want to see a pic of the pin ball machine sitting beside the 4k tv and the Bulldog sitting in front of the tv, and Sticky either flipping the camera the bird or giving it a big thumbs up!

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guys love to pick everything apart and sharpshoot.

Show me where I said,

"I played every EM game ever made and compared them all to Space Shuttle and found them all to be slower playing than Space Shuttle.

Also, I'm the greatest expert ever on pinball and everything I write is the final word on all things pinball, no further discussion is allowed or useful."

Lacking those statements, my previously stated opinion is not crack-up worthy. It was actually a pretty bland and subjective opinion.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Show me where I said,
"I played every EM game ever made and compared them all to Space Shuttle and found them all to be slower playing than Space Shuttle.
Also, I'm the greatest expert ever on pinball and everything I write is the final word on all things pinball, no further discussion is allowed or useful."
Lacking those statements, my previously stated opinion is not crack-up worthy. It was actually a pretty bland and subjective opinion.

You're definitely an expert on clown puking or rainbow puking pinball machines....whatever it is that you call it.

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Show me where I said,

Hey even easier, show us where we said you said that; smart ass

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Show me where I said,

oh ffs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/27?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.