4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 6 years ago

Thank goodness work blocks this site or I wouldn't have gotten anything done at work the past 2 days.

I still wouldn't do business with Nifty. Seems like a crapshoot

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You're a hard guy to tip and help out as you don't want to take anything! I get it, you wanted to show that despite things not always going as planned and problems popping up in life you can still be positive and help others.
You certainly demonstrated that. I owe you one.
Thank you so much for being the voice of reason.

Buzz is a heck of a nice guy and a very generous and humble person, that’s why I like him. Time to think about changing the thread title Sticky, you accomplished what you set out to accomplish and they have done the right thing so maybe it’s time to let it go.

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Time to think about changing the thread title Sticky, you accomplished what you set out to accomplish and they have done the right thing so maybe it’s time to let it go.

Couldn't agree more.

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Buzz is a heck of a nice guy and a very generous and humble person, that’s why I like him. Time to think about changing the thread title Sticky, you accomplished what you set out to accomplish and they have done the right thing so maybe it’s time to let it go.

I agree. It's just I was asked to see if I could help with resolution of the domain name issue but that is something that will need to be worked out between those parties I think.

Fair is fair. Name changed.

#1255 6 years ago

I like the new thread name lol. Anyone seeing that for the first time will be like WTF is this all about?

#1256 6 years ago

I personally dont like the new title as it really does not archive what occurred.

"NIFTY LED: 2 year restoration gone wrong, stolen game, community assists to achieve happy ending"

#1257 6 years ago

What about the Porsche(s)?

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Thank goodness work blocks this site or I wouldn't have gotten anything done at work the past 2 days.

That's what smart phones were invented for.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

What about the Porsche(s)?

What about them? Getting upgraded turbos my man.

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally dont like the new title as it really does not archive what occurred.

Kind of the point.

At this point I'm ready to laugh it all off and start having fun with pinball again.

#1261 6 years ago

I personally love the bulldog part.

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

He's an amazing father. His stories would blow your mind with what he's been through in his life.
I can only hope to be anywhere near as good of father one day. He set the bar pretty high.
We're going to play some pinball at some point, count on it. Probably at your place!

Sticky, make sure you bring the bulldog.

Man, I feel like he’s such a part of this thread now and we don’t even know his name. Help us out Sticky and put a name with the face.

#1263 6 years ago

Wouldn’t it be awesome if his name just happened to be playboy?

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Wouldn’t it be awesome if his name just happened to be playboy?

But what if it was "Nifty" the Bulldog?

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

We have been at cax with a huge booth the last 3 years and have offered full kits always as well. We aren't local but make the trip down from Oregon.

Nice product! I have bought lots of LEDs from these guys over the years.

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Sticky, make sure you bring the bulldog.
Man, I feel like he’s such a part of this thread now and we don’t even know his name. Help us out Sticky and put a name with the face.

Oh how can you say you didn't see the face and name? It's a face you can't forget! Page 14: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/14

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Again Nate Ortega and Daniel Buenrostro we are all happy Joseph got back his machine but now we have another HUGE issue to resolve.
If you have been riding the coat tails of our success and intentionally deceiving customers looking for the legitimate Orange County Pinballs in Fullerton CA we will be taking action.
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

The infamous Gene, Gene, the Dancing Machine line: "Action will be taken".
Funny how that blew up in his face.....

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The infamous Gene, Gened the Dancing Machine

For the younger crowd:

#1269 6 years ago

The Gong Show was awesome lol.

#1270 6 years ago

I would have forced Buzz to take $1,000. Instead of giving it to Nifty, I'd give it to the REAL hero!

#1271 6 years ago

I would've loved to be a fly on the wall when they decided to give the machine back for free. I bet that was an interesting conversation! In the end they did the right thing, I would've done the same. Glad it all worked out!

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I would have forced Buzz to take $1,000.

That would buy a lifetime supply of Rainbow sandals!

#1273 6 years ago

Phew. End of the thread (at least at this very moment)

So with that...

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Again Nate Ortega and Daniel Buenrostro we are all happy Joseph got back his machine but now we have another HUGE issue to resolve.
If you have been riding the coat tails of our success and intentionally deceiving customers looking for the legitimate Orange County Pinballs in Fullerton CA we will be taking action.
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

Start a new thread. Your older, persistent problem with these shysters will be buried in the good tidings of this Christmas miracle.

#1275 6 years ago

I am emotionally drained after reading all this in one go. Better than watching " A Christmas Story" for 6 hours straight!

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Better than watching " A Christmas Story" for 6 hours straight!

It's more like "A Christmas Carol" to me. Like when Scrooge got visited by those ghosts one night and woke up and immediately tried to change his ways.

scrooge_pic01 (resized).jpgscrooge_pic01 (resized).jpg

#1279 6 years ago

Can someone bring me up to speed on the “Bulldog incedent”? I don’t want to have to read 27 pages of posts but I feel the need to know about this fascinating twist to the story?

#1280 6 years ago

The Gong Show was the best!

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's more like "A Christmas Carol" to me. Like when Scrooge got visited by those ghosts one night and woke up and immediately tried to change his ways.

I much prefered Scrooged. Loved it when Carol Cane beaned Bill Murray with the toaster

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I much prefered Scrooged.

Scrooged is great! One of my favorite Christmas movies. However that scene in Scrooge with the reaper and Albert Finney in hell is classic and just what this 9 year old kid needed to see at the time. They went all out on that one.

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

The chrome, plastic, and LED's were all in the original budget. He just decided to charge me more and I guess isn't even good at math as you point out.
I would never have agreed to $4200 for that work. We agreed to an $1850 budget and then he jacked up the price when he was finally done. I certainly didn't tell him to list my property for sale.

see, this is where the clarification helped. From the beginning, it looked like you started with $1850, then added all that stuff on , on top of that. If all that stuff was part of the initial $1850 Then he seems to be taking on a ton of money. Guess he thinks he can command HEP restoration prices.

Glad everything got resolved. Many people think it's not good to bring bad dealings to public. but It seems to get shit done a lot faster than in private.

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NO FUCKING WAY I'd be showing up alone there.

You must drive a KIA ..lol

#1285 6 years ago

Yikes, 26 pages of posts.....has anyone summed this up in a TL/DR synopsis noting all the relevant players?

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Yikes, 26 pages of posts.....has anyone summed this up in a TL/DR synopsis noting all the relevant players?

Nifty took a game from the OP to do a restore. It took forever. When finished the OP was shocked by the price as it was almost 2k more than what was quoted.

Nifty tried to sell the game without consent.

Disagreements on what was owed ensued. Agreed eventually to buy the game for 2800 did the OP. Then in a late good gesture Nifty gave the game back to the OP for free.

I think OP has given nifty some money for their trouble anyway. I think everyone is happy now related to this.

#1287 6 years ago

There was a dog somewhere in the story and an act of Pinside kindness from a stranger to pick the game up and deliver it to his dad.

#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's the cost of a nice bulldog go for these days anyway? I'm looking to impress my mailman!

My French Bulldog was a rescue (top picture) but my buddy just paid $6000 for this Frenchie pup..

614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png
31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There was a dog somewhere in the story and an act of Pinside kindness from a stranger to pick the game up and deliver it to his dad.

Yes, we can't forget Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!!

#1290 6 years ago

Wow I can't believe I read the whole thing! Took me all day in between Christmas errands. Congrats on getting your game back Sticky, I can only imagine the feeling of seeing your game up for sale by the people you trusted to restore it?! It's great that Nate convinced his misguided partner to make things right and save some face after trying to sell something that wasn't theirs.

#1291 6 years ago

The thread now has a Key Posts index.

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The thread now has a Key Posts index.

Not sure who is putting it together with descriptions but the first key post omits my texts show nifty missing multiple completion dates with timestamps and nifty confirming they missed date after date and thanking me for my patience.

Second key omits that prices discussed in texts add up to $2550 and texts show I agreed to this. No texts reference $4200 until completion and my dispute of this amount.

Also, that while PayPal is not cash that I previously paid nifty with PayPal with no issue and have the receipt.

Not a big deal but if going this far at least be accurate.

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My French Bulldog was a rescue (top picture) but my buddy just paid $6000 for this Frenchie pup..

That is one good looking pup!

#1294 6 years ago

Whew! Read the whole thing. That was awesome! Very entertaining. Glad it worked out. But I was sort of hoping for Judge Judy. Does that make me a bad person? Still, I’m happy for you. Now what post is going to be half as entertaining?

#1295 6 years ago

Just finished reading this whole train-wreck. Was meaning to comment, but every time I opened the thread, there was another 100 posts to catch up on.

Have to laugh in the end. Wouldn't ever sell the Playboy, it's got some history now.

#1296 6 years ago

One request.. when they make the movie..can the dog's name be Hef?! Haha

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

One request.. when they make the movie..can the dog's name be Hef?! Haha

Haaaaaaaaa! Awesome!

#1298 6 years ago

New Pinside abbreviation: HEF.

Meaning: High End Fiasco (which ends well).

Backstory: A "sticky" situation in which a restoration has gone awry, but has ultimately resolved to the satisfaction of all, as in the case of the now infamous Bally Playboy machine in California.

Example of usage: It took forever for my game to arrive and a variety of quality and pricing issues went unresolved. For awhile I was fearful that I was the victim of a scam. Fortunately, in the end, it turned out to be a HEF.

#1299 6 years ago

Game still seems to be for sale. Found this this morning

Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png

#1300 6 years ago

Yeah, obviously the game is in Sticky's dad's possession...or is it? Someone may have hit the buy it now on eBay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/26?hl=dodgefolks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.