4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.
#1201 6 years ago

6D2F5116-B9B7-4254-B7C6-FB49524E98D5 (resized).jpeg6D2F5116-B9B7-4254-B7C6-FB49524E98D5 (resized).jpeg

#1202 6 years ago

surfsidedetail ....I am with you and it now seems you and your business are the last victims of this unfortunate incident. Sticky got his game back, NiftyLED admitted their wrong doing and corrected the matter, but as you have stated...people are going to associate this incident with you and your company even though you did nothing wrong and weren't even involved in any way.

Earlier in the thread it was pointed out that you had your domain name 2 years before they did (after Nifty Daniel claimed otherwise), but I'm wondering....did you know about them and their similar domain name before this incident? I mean they have had it for almost 4 years (since Feb 2014), though I don't know how long their webpage has been there or active.

Anyway..I was just curious and hope this also gets resolved as it would be a shame for you to take a business hit because of someone else's similar sounding domain name making negative news in the community.

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

people are going to associate this incident with you and your company even though you did nothing wrong and weren't even involved in any way.

Yeah man, no more soup for you!

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Again Nate Ortega and Daniel Buenrostro we are all happy Joseph got back his machine but now we have another HUGE issue to resolve.
If you have been riding the coat tails of our success and intentionally deceiving customers looking for the legitimate Orange County Pinballs in Fullerton CA we will be taking action.
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

There name reminds me of the Pinballlife.com and Pinballife.com The one with the 3 lll's in it is the real one. the other is a phishing site to try to steel you credit card info. They could at least change it to OCpinballrepair or somthing.

#1205 6 years ago

Final Buzz update: I meet some good people today Nate was nice and helpful and I feel is a good guy. He could of been here it is have at it, but instead wrapped with a blancket to never get back and some shrink. Not going to lie I like him and would hang out. The other guy I didn't meet but I meet his wife and two adorable children and they were very nice. Second I met Joseph's dad he is 79 and was totally awesome I wish I could have stayed longer but I had an appointment to sell and drop off my MET. I was glad to be able to use my time for something good. Yes I have been out of work for 3 months and have been selling my pins to survive I take care of my wife and two children as well as the house I bought for my mom to get out of MI snow and be with her grandkids. Heavy is the head that wears the crown as they say. Please don't feel pity for me I did this and I will be back on top eventually. I hope that people see that you can always help and be a good person in life. My day was fun especially with the dad. Here are some photos of us I took unfortunately in a rush. 5 1/2 hrs. And 130 miles with a smile on my face the whole time. Thank you Joseph for the really nice wine and $100 bucks it really helps. I feel bad taking anything because I give to give not to receive. Thank you everyone for the kind words and let's all keep flippin and smiling.

IMG_0834 (resized).JPGIMG_0834 (resized).JPG

IMG_0835 (resized).JPGIMG_0835 (resized).JPG

IMG_0836 (resized).JPGIMG_0836 (resized).JPG

IMG_0837 (resized).JPGIMG_0837 (resized).JPG

IMG_0838 (resized).JPGIMG_0838 (resized).JPG

#1206 6 years ago

Please remember we are not perfect and when you point a finger 4 point right back.

#1207 6 years ago

I love the end of this thread. This was a good movie with lots of conflict and a very happy ending.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Final Buzz update: I meet some good people today Nate was nice and helpful and I feel is a good guy. He could of been here it is have at it, but instead wrapped with a blancket to never get back and some shrink. Not going to lie I like him and would hang out. The other guy I didn't meet but I meet his wife and two adorable children and they were very nice. Second I met Joseph's dad he is 79 and was totally awesome I wish I could have stayed longer but I had an appointment to sell and drop off my MET. I was glad to be able to use my time for something good. Yes I have been out of work for 3 months and have been selling my pins to survive I take care of my wife and two children as well as the house I bought for my mom to get out of MI snow and be with her grandkids. Heavy is the head that wears the crown as they say. Please don't feel pity for me I did this and I will be back on top eventually. I hope that people see that you can always help and be a good person in life. My day was fun especially with the dad. Here are some photos of us I took unfortunately in a rush. 5 1/2 hrs. And 130 miles with a smile on my face the whole time. Thank you Joseph for the really nice wine and $100 bucks it really helps. I feel bad taking anything because I give to give not to receive. Thank you everyone for the kind words and let's all keep flippin and smiling.

Buzz you are one cool guy man. I’d love to hang out and have a beer with you and play pinball one day. The world needs more people like you brother! The game looks nice, especially the cab!

#1209 6 years ago

Sticky,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your dad just listed the game on Ebay.

#1210 6 years ago

Damn it. This thread has been resolved, no amigos tonight and I don't get to see my girl till tomorrow.

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

no amigos tonight

I'm always glad to help wherever I can.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The world needs more people like you brother! The game looks nice, especially the cab!

Awesome Buzz. You are the man. Sorry to hear about your situation, but your attitude about it is admirable. We all have struggles. Helping Sticky...classy and generous.

As for what others have said about the game, minus the few crappy PF touchups, I think that game looks pretty damn nice, especially with the chrome. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to have it in my lineup.

#1213 6 years ago

buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpgbuzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm always glad to help wherever I can.

Not exactly what I had in mind. Come on O can't you poke somebody or something?

#1215 6 years ago
#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Come on O can't you poke somebody or something?

Not if I keep on wasting so much time here.

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Buzz , your my new hero
We need more people like you in this world

Hope you get back on your feet

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lol yeah no, imo thats a stupid saying. There is a median somewhere for what a machine is worth, and if 1 f***er is insane and pays an insane amount for a game that does not fall under "worth what someone want to pay for it".

Amen. The price-police police love to spew this saying but never mention the screwed up notion that one idiot paid $XXX for some pin and the next day EVERY example of that pin is now being listed for $XXX. One of you is the first choad to pay $8000 for AFM about 6 years ago, want to fess up now cause right after that, guess what? Latest example is all the $3400 Getaways I keep seeing. GMAFB.

#1220 6 years ago

Buzz, you are awesome. Wish you was closer to Nashville. Send Buzz a check for what the game would have cost.

#1221 6 years ago

You guys are great. I did it all today Odin style. LOL Who one day hope to meet for some weird reason.

IMG_0840 (resized).JPGIMG_0840 (resized).JPG

#1222 6 years ago

That would be there

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd bet that the $100.00/day storage charge idea came from Mr. Personality himself......

That guy has no business running a business, a complete buffoon of the highest order.

#1224 6 years ago

This story has ended far better than I ever thought it would and definitely much different than I ever thought it would.

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You guys are great. I did it all today Odin style. LOL Who one day hope to meet for some weird reason.

are you out of your mind?! Never move Pinball machines in flip flops!

#1226 6 years ago

It's Cali man...all we wear!

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

panamafeet (resized).jpgpanamafeet (resized).jpg

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This story has ended far better than I ever thought it would and definitely much different than I ever thought it would.

And way less expensive then he thought it should.
And in less time then I thought it could.

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Buzz is big and strong as an Ox Levi. He ain’t gonna drop it on his toes!

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

When Nifty gets rid of the guy who listed the machine for sale, I would consider working with them.

You can buy him out for $250k

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

YOU. ARE. NOT. A. PART. OF. THE. STORY.

Hey...! Assbutt!

Castiel (resized).jpgCastiel (resized).jpg

(Fans of Supernatural will understand why this was posted. I'm sorry; I just could not help myself.)

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You Sir have taken the meaning of 'Class Act' to a whole new level. Sorry to hear about the job situation. Good things happen to good people - it'll work out. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!

#1233 6 years ago

Funniest

IMG_0842 (resized).PNGIMG_0842 (resized).PNG

#1234 6 years ago

Saddest

IMG_0841 (resized).PNGIMG_0841 (resized).PNG

#1235 6 years ago

I like Super Dave. How could someone down vote this?

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I like Super Dave. How could someone down vote this?

Possible accident. Doesn’t happen frequently but occasionally people are pinsiding on their phone and think they up voted but actually down voted, big thumbs and small keys and all that. Happens from time to time.

#1237 6 years ago

Happens on the iPad too when using your thumb to scroll up and down.

#1238 6 years ago

4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg

#1239 6 years ago

This thread was like Iron Man or Flash Gordon pinballs....fast and quick. Lots of frustrating drains causing people to get pissed. People kept pushing the start button for “just one more game” feeling. People walking away ticked off, but then coming back for more....what other games would describe this thread?

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This thread was like Iron Man or Flash Gordon pinballs....fast and quick. Lots of frustrating drains causing people to get pissed. People kept pushing the start button for “just one more game” feeling. People walking away ticked off, but then coming back for more....what other games would describe this thread?

I kept running out of downvotes through several pages, but yet kept hitting the button as if they would somehow magically replenish themselves and I would be devoid of the rules. I'm sure others had the same problem.

Then again, that was after midnight, and after about 38 mini Hershey bars.

IMG_3896 (resized).PNGIMG_3896 (resized).PNG

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You guys are great. I did it all today Odin style.

But are those authentic Rainbow sandals? lol. I do live in those things.

#1242 6 years ago

What Levi said got me thinking. No, I never have a problem moving games or doing any other work while wearing my Rainbows.

However tip toeing across the side rails of the EMs in the garage to get to the top shelf in them may not be the smartest idea although I've done it a few times with no problem.

Until last weekend when I was moving an old TV and the cord was stuck and when I pulled on it my foot slipped between two machines and I fell back and ate shit on the concrete floor. Thought I would break something , at least my leg between the machines on the way down. But lucky me, I'm like this guy. I bounce!

ec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpgec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpg

#1243 6 years ago

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall when partner A learned what partner B had done, and the resulting discussion.

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Well, this blows.
So, I have a tradition of buying LEDs from Nifty each year at Pinball shows here in Cali. Two years ago, I LEDed out my AC/DC, last year it was my TSPP.
Nifty doesn't have a list of what LEDs are needed for most machines so each year I have to do the research myself. A bit time consuming, but in my eyes worth it to support a business that supports local shows like PAGG and CAX.
Daniel's apparent actions and subsequent responses have me shaking my head. For the first time, I've run out of "thumbs down" votes.
Can someone please recommend another business that sells LEDs? I've heard good things about Cointaker.

We have been at cax with a huge booth the last 3 years and have offered full kits always as well. We aren't local but make the trip down from Oregon.

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I hope that people see that you can always help and be a good person in life. My day was fun especially with the dad. Here are some photos of us I took unfortunately in a rush. 5 1/2 hrs. And 130 miles with a smile on my face the whole time. Thank you Joseph for the really nice wine and $100 bucks it really helps. I feel bad taking anything because I give to give not to receive

You're a hard guy to tip and help out as you don't want to take anything! I get it, you wanted to show that despite things not always going as planned and problems popping up in life you can still be positive and help others.

You certainly demonstrated that. I owe you one.

Thank you so much for being the voice of reason.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Possible accident. Doesn’t happen frequently but occasionally people are pinsiding on their phone and think they up voted but actually down voted, big thumbs and small keys and all that. Happens from time to time.

Earlier in this thread, i accidentally upvoted a post that received 40 some downvotes....

#1247 6 years ago

Something tells me that CGC may have made a phone call about what lies ahead for them about still doing business together and maybe someone they know personally (An Attorney) explained the situation they could be in for trying to sell the guys pin. Just a thought.

#1248 6 years ago

Thank you Sticky for the kind words as well as others. If I won the lottery i would be hanging with your dad like everyday. I really wish I had more time yesterday. I hope to meet you one day, but seriously bring your dad whenever that happens.

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Thank you Sticky for the kind words as well as others. If I won the lottery i would be hanging with your dad like everyday. I really wish I had more time yesterday. I hope to meet you one day, but seriously bring your dad whenever that happens.

He's an amazing father. His stories would blow your mind with what he's been through in his life.

I can only hope to be anywhere near as good of father one day. He set the bar pretty high.

We're going to play some pinball at some point, count on it. Probably at your place!

#1250 6 years ago

Ive read this thread...100% refund or not....NiftyLed should be ashamed of himself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/25?hl=jdissen87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.