4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You're a really nice and pleasant guy and I fail to see how a deal with you could have got difficult to work through.

Well you know me better than anyone.

#1052 6 years ago

Well done and kudos to nifty! I’m glad the OP is getting his game and it’s being made right. Nifty had gotten my business many times and will again after seeing their efforts to finally make things right.

People on here are very quick to condemn and make up their minds before things play out and come to a resolution. This was what 24 hours? It’s not like this even took weeks.

People are not perfect. They are going to make mistakes. It’s how they handle it and make it right in the end that matters in my book.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Read this entire thread. Took a long time. Wasnt "entertained" like some of you but was genuinely concerned for sticky and his situation with nifty. Them making it right is a nice refreshing finish to this entire drama. That being said, sticky i assume did have pics of the finished game and was pleased to pay his original agreed 2550. If i were you sticky i would pay them what youve consistenty said you were okay paying them. If they absolutely refuse your payment dont donate to a pinball project thing. Its christmas. Donate to needy families. Sick children. Or veterans. THAT would be the REAL happy ending to this thread ive been rooting for.

I think we all have some time to think about the best way to go about this.

(edited by mod team)

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Why? Is Jar going to share his side of the story he's an imaginary participant in?

Anything I have to say comes across as "defending Nifty" and I'm already saying I'm not here to do that. You are making it painfully clear that you are an entitled and snarky jerk though. You're doing that to yourself, Mr. Bulldog and TV.

I was aware of your game well ahead of the thread. That's why I said that there was more to the story. I knew about their frustration to get the game unloaded. They didn't do this out of the blue to you, as much as you want to act like they did. It doesn't excuse putting the game up for sale, because that's wrong under any circumstances. But it's not like you were never contacted about picking it up at any point.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anything I have to say comes across as "defending Nifty" and I'm already saying I'm not here to do that. You are making it painfully clear that you are an entitled and snarky jerk though. You're doing that to yourself, Mr. Bulldog and TV.
I was aware of your game well ahead of the thread. That's why I said that there was more to the story. I knew about their frustration to get the game unloaded. They didn't do this out of the blue to you, as much as you want to act like they did. It doesn't excuse putting the game up for sale, because that's wrong under any circumstances. But it's not like you were never contacted about picking it up at any point.

YOU. ARE. NOT. A. PART. OF. THE. STORY.

Either post something of substance to corroborate your nonsense or go away.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Well done and kudos to nifty! I’m glad the OP is getting his game and it’s being made right. Nifty had gotten my business many times and will again after seeing their efforts to finally make things right.
People on here are very quick to condemn and make up their minds before things play out and come to a resolution. This was what 24 hours? It’s not like this even took weeks.
People are not perfect. They are going to make mistakes. It’s how they handle it and make it right in the end that matters in my book.

Cool. Hopefully I have a chance to buy one of your games if Nifty decides to sell.

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Then put him on ignore and stop making comments about hiring him a therapist. It looks extremely petty.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

This is literally the dichotomy of Pinball for me and my hesitation to go deeper in the hobby financially.
Actions and reactions by Nifty are what scares me to get deeper into this hobby with hiring ‘professionals’ to help, or buying expensive items from start-up companies like this. Very scary stuff with businesses like Nifty out there.
Then you have the reactions from the very small Pinball community and it restores my faith in the hobby that people are looking out for each other, and willing to go to bat for someone they don’t know when it’s clear something foul is happening.
Despite situations like this, and several other high profile cases of fraud, I’m going to side with the good nature of the hobbyists in this community and PLAY ON!

Every hobby has bad repairmen and bad dealers.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Read this entire thread. Took a long time. Wasnt "entertained" like some of you but was genuinely concerned for sticky and his situation with nifty. Them making it right is a nice refreshing finish to this entire drama. That being said, sticky i assume did have pics of the finished game and was pleased to pay his original agreed 2550. If i were you sticky i would pay them what youve consistenty said you were okay paying them. If they absolutely refuse your payment dont donate to a pinball project thing. Its christmas. Donate to needy families. Sick children. Or veterans. THAT would be the REAL happy ending to this thread ive been rooting for.

Umm, did you know that Project Pinball puts pinball machines in children's hospitals so that they can have a few minutes of fun in between their treatments? So that helps families and children and is a good Christmas thing. http://projectpinball.org/

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Cool. Hopefully I have a chance to buy one of your games if Nifty decides to sell.

Just buy my LEDs from them sir.

And if I did hire them to restore a game I would be all “cool cool, do whatever! That sounds good” and not ask for things in writing. I’m practical that way.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

And I wouldn't have even said anything if not for a bunch of other people who had even less knowledge and connections to it weren't sending me harassing crap before I even woke up. That's what bringing this to Pinside rather than actually talking to them private creates.

I didn't want you or Nifty to have to do this here. I didn't make that choice.

Even after all the bullying and panic, I'm happy they're making it right. We just didn't need all the drama.

#1062 6 years ago

Then put him on ignore and stop making comments about hiring him a therapist. It looks extremely petty.

Almost as petty as taking on a contrary position without any knowledge of the situation and continually posting lies over and over in the face of overwhelming evidence to the opposite I would think.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Almost as petty as taking on a contrary position without any knowledge of the situation and continually posting lies over and over in the face of overwhelming evidence to the opposite I would think.

Wouldn't it also be petty to attack Nifty without knowledge? You can't have it both ways.

I get it. You're pissed and you have right. But stay reasonable.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

For a guy ending up getting his game restored for free you sure are eating a bunch of sour grapes. If it was me I would stop insulting someone that’s obviously friends with them an call it a day.

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Even after all the bullying and panic, I'm happy they're making it right. We just didn't need all the drama.

The drama is what helped to make it right. This would absolutely still be going on had Sticky not posted the thread

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Wouldn't it also be petty to attack Nifty without knowledge? You can't have it both ways.
I get it. You're pissed and you have right. But stay reasonable.

Since your very first post I have no idea who you are, what you're talking about, or why you keep coming back for attention.

You're not involved at all. You have no knowledge. You have no proof. You haven't supported any statement.

There's something very off with you bud.

#1067 6 years ago

For a guy ending up getting his game restored for free you sure are eating a bunch of sour grapes. If it was me I would stop insulting someone that’s obviously friends with them an call it a day.

How little of this thread did you actually read?

#1068 6 years ago

I don't remember asking for your advice. The sour grapes seem to be on that side of the keyboard.

Not sure what your agenda is here but I have no desire for any further advice from you. If I were you I would stop giving it.

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

Wouldn't even better advice be to just give your family member the money without expectation of repayment? It's family.

Wish I was as rich as you Adam. When your uncle comes to you and needs $3000.00 for an emergency, and it turns out to be bullshit and never pays you back come talk to me....

#1070 6 years ago

Fezmid
I did not! Well cool im on board with that then!

#1071 6 years ago

glad that Nifty is making this right.

Please let us know when the game is safe and sound.

Glad that the community could come together and influence them to do the right thing.
Hopefully they learn from this and it is the first step of many to set a new course.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I don't remember asking for your advice. The sour grapes seem to be on that side of the keyboard.
Not sure what your agenda is here but I have no desire for any further advice from you. If I were you I would stop giving it.

Oh sorry, I forgot how an open forum works. It’s cool for everyone to give an opinion as long as it coincides with yours. Enjoy your game bro.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The drama is what helped to make it right. This would absolutely still be going on had Sticky not posted the thread

Exactly. My game would be gone.

But let's hear more from practicalsteve about how I should just let some guy spew the same nonsense he has been spewing all thread.

If anything he remotely said was true would we be where we are now with the resolution that we are?

Everyone has been extremely helpful except for this dude who for some reason takes it upon himself to keep interjecting in a situation he has no knowledge of. I take offense to that.

I know exactly what transpired so it looks borderline crazy from where I'm sitting. The tone of the thread was great and we were getting resolution until again the same drivel is posted.

Oh well, Nifty stepped up and this is being resolved properly.

#1074 6 years ago

This is a crazy turn of events. Daniel refuses to take less than $3k, now it's free? I'm guessing this is the partner smoothing things over. I know nothing will make the actions of attempting to sell a pin that wasn't theirs go away, but hopefully this buys some forgiveness.

#1075 6 years ago

Oh sorry, I forgot how an open forum works. It’s cool for everyone to give an opinion as long as it coincides with yours. Enjoy your game bro.

I think you forgot it works both ways. Cya.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

But let's hear more from practicalsteve about how I should just let some guy spew the same nonsense he has been spewing all thread.

Well, you're pretty much taunting him at this point. I agree with Steve (he's just so damn practical), let it go and I doubt Jar wants to add anything else.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well, you're pretty much taunting him at this point. I agree with Steve (he's just so damn practical), let it go and I doubt Jar wants to add anything else.

If you read the thread over you'll know why.

But let's focus on this resolution. Buzz is there now and grabbing the machine.

#1079 6 years ago

Update: at house waiting for Nate. I guess it's good I've been out of work so someone could possibly help this situation. Will update as things happen. May there finally be peace on earth if for only a moment.

#1080 6 years ago

Not impressed with the 20 min. I've been here in my truck. But hey there is always bigger problems

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Not impressed with the 20 min. I've been here in my truck. But hey there is always bigger problems

I told them over an hour ago you were on the way. Sorry. I'll make sure to make it up to you.

#1082 6 years ago

Dude, you post on a forum to try and get help, then you tell people to stay out of it and "you have nothing to do with it". I was 100% in your corner from the beginning of this thread but now your losing me here. It seems to me that Nifty came to their senses and even tried to make up for being out of line by comping the whole job. Just friendly advice, get your machine and let it go. You are starting to look like a real jack-wagon...

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Dude, you post on a forum to try and get help, then you tell people to stay out of it and "you have nothing to do with it". I was 100% in your corner from the beginning of this thread but now your losing me here. It seems to me that Nifty came to their senses and even tried to make up for being out of line by comping the whole job. Just friendly advice, get your machine and let it go. You are starting to look like a real jack-wagon...

I'm telling the same person who keeps saying they know the story and what took place to stay out of it.

Sorry, let me remind you what transpired. I posted documentation and support for my pin being taken from me and then this Jar fellow keeps interjecting saying I'm not innocent or at fault somehow repeatedly. With ZERO proof.

My reputation means something to me and I will continue to defend myself and I will not let the attacks slide. If he has proof of something he should post it but since page two he has not provided it and it is borderline slander at this point.

You can be on my side or not but I will stand up for the truth.

#1084 6 years ago

Buzz, you’re a good man. I hope Santa recognizes this and rewards you accordingly.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Buzz, you’re a good man. I hope Santa recognizes this and rewards you accordingly.

Hell of a guy. And so humble... man.

There are great people in this community.

He is loading it now

#1086 6 years ago

Big props to niftyled2 for the 180 they’re doing. Very kind gesture.

Sticky I think you should take a break from the thread and escape from getting too wrapped up in other peoples opinions and the drama that continues to trickle from this thread. At this point, it’s between you and nifty. It’s time to Get your game and move on.

Lessons learned on both sides. No need to look for anymore logs to burn.

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Agreed. The guy’s owed some good karma.

DE6F588B-D89A-403E-89C4-7CBC7ADE127C (resized).jpegDE6F588B-D89A-403E-89C4-7CBC7ADE127C (resized).jpeg

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Big props to niftyled2 for the 180 they’re doing. Very kind gesture.
sticky I think you should take a break from the thread and escape from getting too wrapped up in other peoples opinions and the drama that continues to trickle from this thread. At this point, it’s between you and nifty. It’s time to Get your game and move on.
Lessons learned on both sides. No need to look for anymore logs to burn.

I don't respond well to false allegations but I suppose we can focus on the good news now.

Buzz has it and his initial impressions are that it looks great. The cabinet, paint, and chrome he says are awesome. He said if he had room he'd be taking it to his house to play for a while.

So let's get it back to the positive aspects.

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Well while everyone is spending my money let's get the pin home. Buzz is dropping it at my parents (felt unfair to have him drive all the way out here as my parents live much closer) and I'll pick it up from there when one of my cars gets back from the shop.
Let's all take a deep breath. Quite the wild ride.

wait

how long has your car been in the shop

how much was the work estimate

#1090 6 years ago

Buzz what's the temp there? Do you have the windows rolled down?

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

wait
how long has your car been in the shop
how much was the work estimate

If you're interested we can discuss it?

#1092 6 years ago

What they heck!! I've skimmed through this and we went from

A. Dude selling a game not his
B. Dude is like WTF that's my game
C. To get your game back its over double the original quote
D. No I'm not paying that price
E. We reach a lower price but I WANT MY MONEY IN CASH!!!!! GOT IT?!?!?!
F. To now oh sorry for the trouble. Come get your game at no charge.

Are you serious????? Sounds like somebody has been on the Eggnog a little to much!

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from niftyled2:

*new account since we cannot re-activate our existing account for another 30 days or so.
Nate here again. We wanted to give an update. I just got off the phone with Josephand. I offered an apology and told him that we will not be charging him after all. We are trying to make this right and as an act of goodwill, we've decided not to charge anything for the time or parts we've put into the game. I also let Joseph know that there is a temporary lamp driver board in the game until the brand new Altek board that we bought has issues under warranty and as soon as that is repaired by Altek, we'll have it sent to Joseph.
The game will be picked up by another person later today.

Good for you. Everyone makes mistakes; it’s how you respond that matters.

#1094 6 years ago

Wow! "Left Hand doesn't know what the Right Hand is doin?" Crazy! Lets see that game up and running!

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

"If this were me, you'd have a baseball bat crammed up your a$$ yesterday."
"This dude is a [comment removed]"
" i cant wait to point out to all pinheads who attend these shows what a douche bag company they are."
"burn him in court for every penny you can get."
"Comet. Cheap & they have great LEDS and run by a pinsider whom isn't a piece of shit."
"California here we come! Boy is it gonna be a shitty Valentine's Day for you when we get there Nifty."
"This has been quite the roller coaster. 10/10 fantastic"
"U-Haul rental and a couple of thugs - get going!"
"I guess that happens when you see someone younger than you with a nicer home, a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, three pinball machines, and whatever else you were drooling over."
sigh.
Some "community" this is. I don't know what it is about pinball but it seems like its always a matter of time before the "community" decides to eat another one of its own.
It is quite obvious that many of us are just here to watch someone get destroyed. We wont be happy until someone gets humiliated, and put to shame at the feet of the "community".
"Pass the popcorn" am I right?
I read post after post of how this is entertaining and how much fun this is, "1 THOUSAND posts by Christmas!". Embarrassing.
Some of these posts have been downright violent, malicious, hateful, and vindictive. Written by people who have nothing to do with this situation and met with no resistance or condemnation by this so-called "community". But hey, its entertaining right?
Yea, I get it. NiftyLED screwed the pooch here. Daniel had no right to put the machine up for sale. They made a mistake, a big one and while Sticky doesn't come across as a wonderful person himself only a fool would say he has no right to be angry. So, what should we do here? As the pinball community, how should we handle this? Is the answer really to destroy NiftyLED? To burn their business to the ground and label them as "scammers"? Are we really happy with completely throwing them out of the pinball world, excommunicating them from anything to do with the hobby? Should we ban them from expos? Destroy their business relationships? Is that what we do to people now just because they did not meet your standard of groveling after what is arguably their first real complaint? What about those they associate with like The Pinball Podcast and Chicago Gaming Company? Should we boycott and tear them down too?

FULL DISCLOSURE (before someone attributes bad motives to me for hiding something): I do know Nate and Daniel both personally and consider them to be friends (I am the fat guy in the picture on page 1). I do not know Joseph but I am sure he is a nice enough guy when he doesn't feel like he's being screwed. There, now you can all throw out everything I said above and get back to your popcorn.

You make some good points but Nifty made himself look like crap in this thread.

I work in heavy construction, and as you can imagine there are plenty of disputes and lawsuits. It seems to me that doing business in this sloppy way is bound to cause disagreements. The vendor should have a detailed itemized cost list for the buyer to sign off on and it should be updated as needed prior to the work being done. You have to have a detailed scope of work and an easy-to-understand fee proposal.

Also, he was a flat out idiot for engaging in back and forth in this thread. He made himself look like a jerk and he turned the thread into highly entertaining 22 page soap opera.

He should have simply written, "I'm sorry this whole thing got so messed up, call me and we'll straighten it all out." And that's it.

#1096 6 years ago

You should post about 20 pics of the game once you get it. I'm really curious what the entire thing looks like. Unless I missed some, I did skim past a couple pages of the thread.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

You should post about 20 pics of the game once you get it. I'm really curious what the entire thing looks like. Unless I missed some, I did skim past a couple pages of the thread.

I'll be at my parents Christmas Eve so as many photos and vids as you guys want I guess?

#1098 6 years ago

94 down votes makes me look like a saint.

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

94 down votes makes me look like a saint.

Or Santa

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/22?hl=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.