4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.
#1001 6 years ago

1k!

#1002 6 years ago

This has to be #1 for drama on Pinside in 2017? If not I don't know what other post might win?

#1003 6 years ago

not 1000

#1004 6 years ago

I agree, the offer of free is over the top. Nifty should at least accept some sort of recompense. Although I did think of this when I read Nifty's new post.
images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg Rebuilding trust starts with the first brick to be laid I suppose.

#1005 6 years ago

This thread took an interesting turn. May it indeed, be a Festivus Miracle!

#1006 6 years ago

Damnit Colsond3 I wanted to be poster 1000!

#1007 6 years ago

They are trying to make amends! Take it and enjoy!!

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damnit Colsond3 I wanted to be poster 1000!

Hahaha.

Robin, do you have any jobs available? I want doing this to be my job, but actually get paid for it. I donate and pay every time I sell a game!!

#1009 6 years ago

If they don’t want payment, and you want to give payment. Find a charity you both care about and donate $2k there. How about a local children’s hospital, since we’re all just big kids anyways with our fancy toys that bring us joy.

This gesture is surely a good thing for Nifty to do. It’s what you see happening in all the Christmas movies.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

If they don’t want payment, and you want to give payment. Find a charity you both care about and donate $2k there. How about a local children’s hospital, since we’re all just big kids anyways with our fancy toys that bring us joy.
This gesture is surely a good thing for Nifty to do. It’s what you see happening in all the Christmas movies.

I think compensating for the parts at the least would be fair (minus the altek board)?

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

This is a great idea if they refuse to take any payment.

#1012 6 years ago

Mama always said..."Happy endings aren't just for the massage parlor."
Merry Christmas pinheads.

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This scenario is exactly why I stopped restoring games. I got left with a game a customer refused to pay for. They had me put more into it than it was worth. When I was done, they didn't want to pay and argued they could buy another entire used game for the cost.

This is where I would have had the person pay for the work done and after started on the other work that needed and agreed to be done to the pin. Just my .02 cents.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Quoted from Monk:

This is a great idea if they refuse to take any payment.

Dave, Dave, Dave....I told you to stop watching Lifetime and Hallmark channel movies.

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If this is how they want to make amends, take it. If they wanted to offer half off, they could have. Take the game and walk away from it all.

I figured with all your inside info you already knew what was going down.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I think compensating for the parts at the least would be fair (minus the altek board)?

Thanks Sticky. As we talked about on the phone, really no payment is necessary. Although we appreciate the gesture. Maybe a donation to Pinball Outreach Project instead.

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from niftyled2:

Thanks Sticky. As we talked about on the phone, really no payment is necessary. Although we appreciate the gesture. Maybe a donation to Pinball Outreach Project instead.

What is the pinball outreach project?

#1019 6 years ago

Or may I suggest Project Pinball? http://projectpinball.org/

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

What is the pinball outreach project?

Nothing to do with Playboy or Hef. There's a thread here on Pinside, or that thing......oh, that's it. Google.

What an ending to this thing....do I really have to work now?

#1021 6 years ago

Well pinball outreach is closed so taking a look at Project Pinball.

Open to suggestions.

#1023 6 years ago

How about a charitable donation then? ‘Tis the season!

Ah I see this is already in play. Nice to see this take a positive turn.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Open to suggestions.

Anything you want.

And please post pics when the game is home and set up. Buzz is a really good dude, and I'm glad he helped you out.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Open to suggestions.

After all this, why don't you donate to Pinside and upgrade your membership?

Retracted, looks like you just did!

#1027 6 years ago

What about the domain name change? (fills gas can)

dumpster-fire (resized).jpgdumpster-fire (resized).jpg

#1028 6 years ago

Daniel has made a nice gesture. I question the motivations of the offer, but that's just speculation at this point.

The OP should not accept it. Wait until you have your pin back, then paypal them your initial amount mentioned in post #206 of this thread. $2550. The OP went through the trouble to call this out - maintain YOUR reputation by paying what you agreed to pay before all this nonsense started.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You wouldn't feel that way if it was your pin.
It was a defense of degenerate behavior. I don't care how mild the wording was that is essentially what it amounts to.

My post was not a defense of Daniel's behavior. That is the entire point of my book...err, I mean post. It IS possible to condemn bad behavior and help things come to a peaceful resolution without being so negative. That is exactly what a community and group of friends should do. I knew Nate would make things right in the end and I think we can see he is doing that.

As I said in my original post, you have every right to be angry and NiftyLED (more specifically Daniel) indeed screwed things up. I am glad to see things are being worked out for you now.

#1030 6 years ago

Everyone is saying you should pay them something for the game. And if you want to by all means that's fine. But I would only pay them what I think the game is worth. With that so called "touch up job" I certainly don't think the game is worth what they are asking. That is amateur work at best, and that's being generous. The chrome job is nice, the cab looks nice, but that playfield is shocking.

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Or better advice would be never borrow money to a family member, that you can't afford to lose

Wouldn't even better advice be to just give your family member the money without expectation of repayment? It's family.

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What about the domain name change? (fills gas can)

Yes this needs to happen immediately as well as all phrases and references to Orange County Pinball, OrangeCountyPinball.com . I do not want to be associated with these types of shenanegans. Anyone that knows us know we value our reputation and our client base extends far past the confines of Pinside.

The beauty of Pinside is that we all help each other out as several lawyers had contacted me asking if I can use their help.

I hope it all works out for you Joseph aka Sticky.

Thank you Buzz for picking it up sooner as we are slammed with holiday deliveries!!!

Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

#1033 6 years ago

Well while everyone is spending my money let's get the pin home. Buzz is dropping it at my parents (felt unfair to have him drive all the way out here as my parents live much closer) and I'll pick it up from there when one of my cars gets back from the shop.

Let's all take a deep breath. Quite the wild ride.

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Yes this needs to happen immediately as well as all phrases and references to Orange County Pinball, OrangeCountyPinball.com . I do not want to be associated with these types of shenanegans. Anyone that knows us know we value our reputation and our client base extends far past the confines of Pinside.
The beauty of Pinside is that we all help each other out as several lawyers had contacted me asking if I can use their help.
I hope it all works out for you Joseph aka Sticky.
Thank you Buzz for picking it up sooner as we are slammed with holiday deliveries!!!
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

You're the man Evan. And working with legalities myself on a daily basis, I don't quite understand why they have the domain name they do when their company name is NiftyLED.

#1035 6 years ago

OMG, I'm reading updates at stop lights as I'm driving now.
See! Oh shit it's green, gotta go
So is the machine in buzzes possession?

#1036 6 years ago

AH, I love me some good old fashioned "Trial by Pinside"

#1037 6 years ago

See, RED light

20171222_113855 (resized).jpg20171222_113855 (resized).jpg

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You're the man Evan. And working with legalities myself on a daily basis, I don't quite understand why they have the domain name they do when their company name is NiftyLED.

I don't know what the deal is but they need to stop intentionally confusing my customers.

When I have multiple customers calling, texting, stopping by the shop to ask me yesterday what was going on that is a PROBLEM.

Post pictures of the game once received!!!

Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Open to suggestions.

Bestfriends.org I donate to regularly

#1040 6 years ago

Can their reputation be saved by offering it now for free?

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh Christ...thread's gonna turn in a errr.... positive direction now.

grow up

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

It IS possible to condemn bad behavior and help things come to a peaceful resolution without being so negative.

Around here? Wanna bet? We see this happen over and over. We've seen some great people disappear from the scene because they got fed up with the mob mentality and treatment of others (does McCune ring a bell?).

I know what you're trying to say, but it'll fall on deaf ears. Guess how I found out about this thread...I started getting harassing messages while still in bed. Yeah, just by association with Nifty the mob came and started pounding on my door. Good way to wake up, huh?

Listing the game for sale was a bad move. I'm sure Daniel wouldn't do it again given a chance to repeat it 101/100 times. But it was out of frustration and before he could deal with it hundreds of people started piling on, making threats to ruin businesses and lives, and doing anything other than looking for a resolution. It was really sad to watch. They've made their literal best offer to make it right, so I say let it play out.

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Second that...I had to come in, but luckily I see tumbleweed rolling around and hear faint western movie music playing in the background at my firm today, so I'm game.

You've got two Porsche's. You can afford to upgrade to Pinside Plus. Unlimited posts!! (all in good fun, of course)

And a bulldog and a big tv, don’t forget.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I feel... I don't know what I feel. I need a beer.

I could use a beer too, or 2 or 3 or......glad it's gonna work out Sticky

#1045 6 years ago

5428F992-A51D-490D-856A-B66BA3293DC6 (resized).jpeg5428F992-A51D-490D-856A-B66BA3293DC6 (resized).jpeg

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Around here? Wanna bet? We see this happen over and over. We've seen some great people disappear from the scene because they got fed up with the mob mentality and treatment of others (does McCune ring a bell?).
I know what you're trying to say, but it'll fall on deaf ears. Guess how I found out about this thread...I started getting harassing messages while still in bed. Yeah, just by association with Nifty the mob came and started pounding on my door. Good way to wake up, huh?
Listing the game for sale was a bad move. I'm sure Daniel wouldn't do it again given a chance to repeat it 101/100 times. But it was out of frustration and before he could deal with it hundreds of people started piling on, making threats to ruin businesses and lives, and doing anything other than looking for a resolution. It was really sad to watch. They've made their literal best offer to make it right, so I say let it play out.

What frustration? Come on man. You need to learn how to stay out of other people's business acting like you know what is going on.

Now you're crying the pinball mob is coming to get you in your sleep?

Give it a rest.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

What frustration? Come on man. You need to learn how to stay out of other people's business acting like you know what is going on.
Give it a rest.

You're a really nice and pleasant guy and I fail to see how a deal with you could have got difficult to work through.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Give it a rest.

You should quit while you are ahead.

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

You should quit while you are ahead.

Why? Is Jar going to share his side of the story he's an imaginary participant in?

#1050 6 years ago

Read this entire thread. Took a long time. Wasnt "entertained" like some of you but was genuinely concerned for sticky and his situation with nifty. Them making it right is a nice refreshing finish to this entire drama. That being said, sticky i assume did have pics of the finished game and was pleased to pay his original agreed 2550. If i were you sticky i would pay them what youve consistenty said you were okay paying them. If they absolutely refuse your payment dont donate to a pinball project thing. Its christmas. Donate to needy families. Sick children. Or veterans. THAT would be the REAL happy ending to this thread ive been rooting for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/21?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.