4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You've got two Porsche's. You can afford to upgrade to Pinside Plus. Unlimited posts!!

Three...

(two car garage)

#952 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Always conduct business in a businesslike manner.
ALWAYS
A handshake business deal is a ticking bomb.
If your sister borrows $500 from you, get an signed IOU. If she doesn't like it, too bad.
Save yourself a lot of heartache.

Oh Christ...thread's gonna turn in a errr.... positive direction now.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Three...
(two car garage)

You're such a Playboy...

(too early still?)

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You're such a Playboy...
(too early still?)

I wish this was the car thread where we could have some fun. Cars are my main business.

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Always conduct business in a businesslike manner.
ALWAYS
A handshake business deal is a ticking bomb.
If your sister borrows $500 from you, get an signed IOU. If she doesn't like it, too bad.
Save yourself a lot of heartache.

Or better advice would be never borrow money to a family member, that you can't afford to lose

#956 6 years ago

Ok guys,

Buzz is on the way to grab the pin. He will be there in an hour.

As a neutral observer he will check out the pin. I will then send the cash.

#957 6 years ago

Is he going to accept paypal? Sorry if I missed it, I thought you guys agreed on cash in the text.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Or better advice would be never borrow money to a family member, that you can't afford to lose

Yes, this. (although lend, not borrow ).

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'll Paypal $2800.

Isn't he going to demand cash in hand?

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I thought you guys agreed on cash in the text.

Yea, I read CASH not Paypal... I hope that does not ad another wrinkle???

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Isn't he going to demand cash in hand?

Suddenly he's balking and telling me I have to speak to his partner. WTF?

Buzz is already on the way. What is this?

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is he going to accept paypal? Sorry if I missed it, I thought you guys agreed on cash in the text.

I've paid him Paypal before so I don't see an issue...

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Yea, I read CASH not Paypal... I hope that does not ad another wrinkle???

If he's a legit business, he should not be requiring cash IMHO. That just sounds even shadier. (as someone mentioned earlier, he probably wasn't going to pay business taxes, but... he should be).

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I've paid him Paypal before so I don't see an issue...

He said cash....

#965 6 years ago

Hold on guys.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

If only he was in this big of a rush to get it done in the first place, eh?

You two agreed on cash do cash and be done with this. Send us picks when the pin is in your possession or the person who is picking it up’s possession

adbf7bad6417bf997dc1f6fe5a4a25f2576dbe45_png (resized).pngadbf7bad6417bf997dc1f6fe5a4a25f2576dbe45_png (resized).png

#967 6 years ago

this is going about as smoothly as anticipated

#969 6 years ago

It's not a payment issues. Just hold on guys.

There is no issue. Hold on, on the phone.

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

It's not a payment issues. Just hold on guys.
There is no issue. Hold on, on the phone.

i`m holding.....

#971 6 years ago

This could be made into a novel.

#972 6 years ago

Just paypal the money to Buzz and have him hand cash to the guy. Geez, why is this so hard?

#973 6 years ago

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Just paypal the money to Buzz and have him hand cash to the guy. Geez, why is this so hard?

It's not. He doesn't have a Paypal account so it doesn't matter.

#975 6 years ago

*new account since we cannot re-activate our existing account for another 30 days or so.

Nate here again. We wanted to give an update. I just got off the phone with Josephand. I offered an apology and told him that we will not be charging him after all. We are trying to make this right and as an act of goodwill, we've decided not to charge anything for the time or parts we've put into the game. I also let Joseph know that there is a temporary lamp driver board in the game until the brand new Altek board that we bought has issues under warranty and as soon as that is repaired by Altek, we'll have it sent to Joseph.

The game will be picked up by another person later today.

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Just paypal the money to Buzz and have him hand cash to the guy

That is what I was thinking too but we are supposed to be holding...

#977 6 years ago

Cash, picture of the transaction, receipt, and be done. Fair for both sides

#978 6 years ago

Ok, this is the deal.

The reason Nate wanted to speak to me was this.

They are not going to charge me for the game. They want to make amends and make up for what transpired.

Shocked? I am. My jaw dropped.

They said there is a board that needs to be replaced and they will send that out to me when it comes in as well.

Essentially, they want to make this right.

So what do you guys say to that?

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from niftyled2:

*new account since we cannot re-activate our existing account for another 30 days or so.
Nate here again. We wanted to give an update. I just got off the phone with Josephand. I offered an apology and told him that we will not be charging him after all. We are trying to make this right and as an act of goodwill, we've decided not to charge anything for the time or parts we've put into the game. I also let Joseph know that there is a temporary lamp driver board in the game until the brand new Altek board that we bought has issues under warranty and as soon as that is repaired by Altek, we'll have it sent to Joseph.
The game will be picked up by another person later today.

I'm not sure what to say. I wasn't expecting this.

Very professional, very nice, and very contrite on the phone. I must say the phone call was appreciated.

I'm not one to take things for free though so I feel kind of odd here. My mood completely flipped around.

Wow. Talk about reaching out to make things right!

#980 6 years ago

First post in this thread, but honestly, good on them. Sometimes reflection is needed in these situations, and whilst I'm sure the more cynical amongst us will find a negative here, they didn't have to do this.

I'm not suggesting this excuses everything that has transpired, but sometimes cooler heads prevail, you know?

#981 6 years ago

I say I'm glad they're coming through for you. Better late then never, but wish they would have done this on page one. Honestly though I would feel really odd about taking it for free.

#982 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

WTF?

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Ok, this is the deal.
They are not going to charge me for the game. They want to make amends and make up for what transpired.
They said there is a board that needs to be replaced and they will send that out to me when it comes in as well.

Honestly, they screwed up but come on, free? I would out of goodwill give them something. $2000 or something like that. Yeah, there was a misunderstanding but free, I think that is too generous.

#984 6 years ago

It’s a festivus miracle!

B7B71C38-620C-4F54-BA19-37D006A406ED (resized).jpegB7B71C38-620C-4F54-BA19-37D006A406ED (resized).jpeg

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Honestly, they screwed up but come on, free? I would out of goodwill give them something. $2000 or something like that. Yeah, there was a misunderstanding but free, I think that is too much.

That's what I said but they insisted. They insist on making a statement with this and showing they care.

I think they accomplished that. I feel... I don't know what I feel. I need a beer.

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'd say it's a last ditch effort to save their business. Might work for some but not for me, the true colors have been shown. #nevernifty

#987 6 years ago

WW (resized).pngWW (resized).png

#988 6 years ago

It won't feel right of you take it for free.
It will hang over you as.long as you own the machine .

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

That's what I said but they insisted. They insist on making a statement with this and showing they care.
I think they accomplished that. I feel... I don't know what I feel. I need a beer.

You insist and have your pickup guy leave some cash or tell him the cash is going in the garbage. They'll take it, and they should and not feel bad. Yeah, there was a misunderstanding, but imagine doing ALL that work for free because of a misunderstanding and some poor judgement for a day. At least comp the parts.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

It won't feel right of you take it for free.
It will hang over you as.long as you own the machine .

I tend to agree with this.

#991 6 years ago

I think it is admirable of them to make the offer, you do need to make payment somehow.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

You insist and have your pickup guy leave some cash or tell him the cash is going in the garbage. They'll take it, and they should and not feel bad. Yeah, there was a misunderstanding, but imagine doing ALL that work for free because of a misunderstanding and some poor judgement for a day. At least comp the parts.

Agreed. I will Paypal a sum now. Actually, when Buzz gets it.

#994 6 years ago

The originally agreed upon price is what I would still pay. No handouts for either side. It was a good gesture from them though.

#995 6 years ago

5....more....posts.....

#996 6 years ago

If this is how they want to make amends, take it. If they wanted to offer half off, they could have. Take the game and walk away from it all.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Ok, this is the deal.

I don't like the way this was handled initially by them and went down, particularly him listing your game for sale without attempting a reasonable and amicable resolution first. But as for their offer.... (assuming on their own, with no attorney guidance, CGC intervention, etc.)

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'm not sure what to say. I wasn't expecting this.
Very professional, very nice, and very contrite on the phone. I must say the phone call was appreciated.
I'm not one to take things for free though so I feel kind of odd here. My mood completely flipped around.
Wow. Talk about reaching out to make things right!

If they make things right, that’s great. Unfortunately it may take quite some time to build their reputation back up. I know I personally will never do business with them.

#999 6 years ago

Wow that's a merry Christmas to you, I would say once you have the game you should pay them something, maybe the original price agreed on or what you seem is fair. It seems you have established communications with them so make it right for both parties.

#1000 6 years ago

1,000!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/20?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.