4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
#901 6 years ago

Evidence or not its still in the realm of possibility...... Very glad your getting your game back and hopefully its what one could expect for that kind of $$$$ laid out. Fingers Crossed.

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Evidence or not its still in the realm of possibility...... Very glad your getting your game back and hopefully its what one could expect for that kind of $$$$ laid out. Fingers Crossed.

No it’s not a possibility. They have admitted to posting HIS game for sale and said it was a bad decision to do so.

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

BREAKING: waspinat0r has posted a Playboy for trade

dammit man!
I read this whole thread and came accross this one. I wanted to keep that trade under wraps!

(that being said, I will still offer storage NO CHARGE at my place. but your games will be played and streamed. and taken care of too. I ain't shoppin' em though. Unless by shopping you mean replacing bulbs. Just throwing that in there so I can stay on topic. Kind of kidding, kind of not -- just PM me. I GOT YOU COVERED FOR ALL YOUR STORAGE NEEDS!)

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about this whole thing. It makes me sad as a person to see, for everyone involved. I know none of the story except what's been posted here so I won't claim to, but yeah..it makes me sad.

#904 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

No it’s not a possibility. They have admitted to posting HIS game for sale and said it was a bad decision to do so.

Ok then..... I did not see reason to read threw 1k posts. THX

If thats the case I would be VERY hesitant of paying and shipping that game. Too many variables.

Instead is there any chance of having him buy you out to what you have invested.

There is a heck of a nice one in MD with all new parts..... Just a thought.

#905 6 years ago

I grabbed a couple snack size Hershey bars out of the fridge last night and started to read this thread. Couldn't post last night because I ended up with a stomachache after reading all 18 pages and consuming the entire bag. What can I say, I don't really like popcorn.

I'm just about finished the restoration on my Vampire, and even working two jobs I was able to get it done in under 7 months. And I don't run a pinball company, and it was just me working on it the entire time by myself. And for the record, my playfield was touched up and clearcoated professionally. Not going to clog this thread up with photos of an unrelated game, but many of you have seen the playfield pics in my resto thread. And it was done at an excellent price, and doesn't exhibit the imperfections on this guy's Playboy. And truth be told, I think I'm at about $2,500 on my resto, which includes buying the game for $850 from a fellow Pinsider and paying my buddy $300 to drive to Louisville to get it for me back then. Of course, that doesn't consider the countless hours of labor I've put in.

This is a community, and some days it gets frustrating, like any community. Some people, names not mentioned, always post negatively in threads on here. We know who they are. What I don't get is if they think Pinside sucks so bad, why do they continue to be on it? Leave, because ironically you are the problem, not everyone else.

The reality is if this thread was started with a dispute about the price, it would've never blown up like the mess it is. Nifty listed the OP's game for sale on at least two different media outlets, that is where it became the gigantic issue and the OP got upset.

The second reality is Nifty could have come on here and disputed his side of the story clearly, reasonably, with evidentiary support. This is a community he serves, and in all likelihood, makes money from. The way it was handled was the complete opposite, and he had to throw out other falsehoods that just made it look worse.

Now his business is going to feel the effects over assumably a measly $2000… I just don't understand what the tactic was there.

I have two relatives now in the hospital, so I wanted to thank Pinside for giving me something to read that took my mind off of everything else going on, at least for a short while.

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm just about finished the restoration on my Vampire, and even working two jobs I was able to get it done in under 7 months. And I don't run a pinball company, and it was just me working on it the entire time by myself.

You can see on the social media screen grabs even his partner commented he needs to just 'finish the damn machine and deliver it to the customer already' showing how much of a priority this really was for him.

I fully take blame for being too easy going and not making a bigger deal of missed completion date after completion date.

#907 6 years ago

I contacted these guys @orangecountypinball.com to repaint the same 1978 playboy after the OP did.
They told me they were restoring one at the time(the op's). I intended to call the brick and mortar Orange county pinballs and didnt like their name being so close to Evan's business after I was fooled into calling them because of same name and same city when looking up the business on the internet. I chose another company to do the work even though these guys with a questionable name gave me a better timeframe. I got mine back a long time ago and my granddaughter didnt like
the artwork so it had to go. After I played it awhile. A LONG TIME AGO. Geez.
What if I had let them work on mine? I felt personally insulted when he offered you 800 or so for it. Not hard for me to put myself in your position because I was almost there, but would have been in line after you. But after 24 hours and seeing the shape of playfield pics, I would take the money. Seriously. I sold mine for 2800 with a nice playfield. Only your chrome looked nicer. I would have trouble keeping the machine because of their shenanigans. The market for these are hit and miss. I would find it more fun to watch these clowns try to sell it on eBay. Add a little more to your 3600 and buy a better pin. We all know you can afford it. jk

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I contacted these guys @orangecountypinball.com to repaint the same 1978 playboy after the OP did.
They told me they were restoring one at the time(the op's). I intended to call the brick and mortar Orange county pinballs and didnt like their name being so close to Evan's business after I was fooled into calling them because of same name and same city when looking up the business on the internet. I chose another company to do the work even though these guys with a questionable name gave me a better timeframe. I got mine back a long time ago and my granddaughter didnt like
the artwork so it had to go. After I played it awhile. A LONG TIME AGO. Geez.
What if I had let them work on mine? I felt personally insulted when he offered you 800 or so for it. Not hard for me to put myself in your position because I was almost there, but would have been in line after you. But after 24 hours and seeing the shape of playfield pics, I would take the money. Seriously. I sold mine for 2800 with a nice playfield. Only your chrome looked nicer. I would have trouble keeping the machine because of their shenanigans. The market for these are hit and miss. I would find it more fun to watch these clowns try to sell it on eBay. Add a little more to your 3600 and buy a better pin. We all know you can afford it. jk

I'm sure I could probably get a nicer one but I'm not going to let them cash out on my pin.

At this point I'd rather take a loss on the work quality or flipping it than allow them to profit off being liars and thieves. I don't need money that badly.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

FULL DISCLOSURE (before someone attributes bad motives to me for hiding something): I do know Nate and Daniel both personally and consider them to be friends (I am the fat guy in the picture on page 1).

As part of the community I think it is warranted to tell you that your friendship appears to be clouding your judgement on this matter. We get it, nobody likes to see the true colors of a friend/s when they do something like this to another person in the community. It can be tough on our own psyche as we have to cope with the idea that we missed seeing whom a person really is after we invested time and energy into the friendship.

I think you should take a step back and look at the big picture here:
1> restorer took YEARS to "restore" this game.
2> quality is flat out crap. The pf touchups and entire restoration are unprofesssional and they are charging professional prices. i.e. IMHO they are a scam from day 1 and looking for suckers that are new to restoration thatdont have an eye on what to look for.
3>they are the business and the ones responsible for good communication. They need to protect their butts and ensure they have happy customers. They caused this entire situation to happen and strung along a customer for years.
4>they factually stole the game and tried to sell it after attempting to extort even more funds from a member of the community
5>they had an opportunity to apologize and make it right, but instead they continued to toss it all in the face of the community as a whole
6>after coming to the negotiation and deciding that they would accept $2850 (still WAY too damn much for such a poor restoration), they then delete and run from the situation.
7> to top it all off they start demanding and additional $100 per day storage fee.
8> If that game does not get exchanged for $2850 to the OP with as little hassle as possible and in the exact condition it was before this shitnado started, then they need to be ousted from the community and their business should go down in flames.

You are missing the whole point that there is a community here and in fact they are a big part of what appears to have brought some semblance of sense to your friends to final back down off the hostage negotiation with unreasonable demands.

If they dont make this good then I think the community should continue to make a concerted effort to ensure CGC stops using them for remakes and put the final nail in their coffin.

Seriously, step back... look at all the things your "friends" did and ask yourself if they are still people you want to associate with as friends.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

If anyone close to Corona would like to help with shipping that would be great. I have to wait until a few businesses open in the morning but either way this nightmare will be over by the end of the day.

Anyway, whomever can help it will be appreciated and I'm sure we can work out compensation.

I can't pick it up myself any time soon (Daniel originally picked up the machine and said he would deliver it back but obviously this guy won't face me) so just exploring options right now.

Holidays make it tough as everyone is scrambling to buy last minute gifts and so forth.

#912 6 years ago

Just something else that is a bit of a red flag for the future guys.

Niftyled.com is not a licensed business and the provided address is not where they operate from:

Address on NiftyLED.com

2543 Coventry Circle, Fullerton CA 92833

Daniel wouldn't provide me his address (I already had it from some hardcore googling) until I said surfsidedetail couldn't make it until next Tuesday.

Basically, it operates out of his garage not that it is a bad thing but none of the addresses listed on the business pages match up.

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Anyone going to read all this?

exactly hahaha

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I grabbed a couple snack size Hershey bars out of the fridge last night and started to read this thread. Couldn't post last night because I ended up with a stomachache after reading all 18 pages and consuming the entire bag. What can I say, I don't really like popcorn.
I'm just about finished the restoration on my Vampire, and even working two jobs I was able to get it done in under 7 months. And I don't run a pinball company, and it was just me working on it the entire time by myself. And for the record, my playfield was touched up and clearcoated professionally. Not going to clog this thread up with photos of an unrelated game, but many of you have seen the playfield pics in my resto thread.
This is a community, and some days it gets frustrating, like any community. Some people, names not mentioned, always post negatively in threads on here. We know who they are. What I don't get is if they think Pinside sucks so bad, why do they continue to be on it? Leave, because ironically you are the problem, not everyone else.
The reality is if this thread was started with a dispute about the price, it would've never blown up like the mess it is. Nifty listed the OP's game for sale on at least two different media outlets, that is where it became the gigantic issue and he got upset.
The second reality is Nifty could have come on here and disputed his side of the story clearly, reasonably, with evidentiary support. This is a community he serves, and in all likelihood, makes money from. The way it was handled was the complete opposite, and he had to throw out other falsehoods that just made it look worse.
Now his business is going to feel the effects over assumably a measly $2000… I just don't understand what the tactic was there.
I have two relatives now in the hospital, so I wanted to thank Pinside for giving me something to read that took my mind off of everything else going on, at least for a short while.

Beautiful restore! Much more interesting thread IMO.

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Pinside currently has 44,999 members.

... But there’s alllllllllways room for one more.

(said in Haunted Mansion voice)

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In case you did not realize, your buddy stole a game and attempted to sell it... there is not much else to the 'other' side of the story after that. EABODs buddy.
Nobody stirred a pot, your buddy showed up with the shit pile and the shit stick and made a shit tornado with his brother Randy Bo Bandy.

#917 6 years ago

sent you a pm regarding help.

#918 6 years ago

Long Live TPP!
This is all a huge ploy to take down Jeff and Jessica and that'll never happen!
Do you hear me God?!?!?!?

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

I guess Animal House never played in Australia (or Ohio). Lol

That comment made me laugh out loud. Too dam funny...........still laughing

#920 6 years ago

I think with pick up and delivery updates, this thread can hit 1000 posts by the end of the day!
Popcorn in hand with a Redbull to wash it down, I can't beleive I slept through part of this last night!!

GL Sticky !!

#921 6 years ago

#teamsticky

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

LMFAO!! Holy crap, that is hilarious. The Law is kinda like Forest Gump,......”He’s not a smart man.”

Coming from you that's hilarious! How anyone hasn't seen Animal House at least 5 times is beyond me....

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Anyone going to read all this?

I did. And it was well written.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I did. And it was well written.

You wouldn't feel that way if it was your pin.

It was a defense of degenerate behavior. I don't care how mild the wording was that is essentially what it amounts to.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

If anyone close to Corona would like to help with shipping that would be great. I have to wait until a few businesses open in the morning but either way this nightmare will be over by the end of the day.

Sam Harvey is close by in Pomona. He has a minivan... Call him. PM me if you need his number. He is not on pinside,nor does he email or text.

#926 6 years ago

I almost want to book a flight, rent a car, come and grab the money, go get the game and bring it back to you and set it up just so I can see how this plays out in person. And so I can help you inspect the game. If I wasn't dealing with other stuff right now, and it wasn't a few days before Christmas, I'd be packing a bag and heading to Philly International post haste.

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I almost want to book a flight, rent a car, come and grab the money, go get the game and bring it back to you and set it up just so I can see how this plays out in person. And so I can help you inspect the game. If I wasn't dealing with other stuff right now, and it wasn't a few days before Christmas, I'd be packing a bag and heading to Philly International post haste.

I appreciate your sentiment. Don't even worry. It's unfortunate this is causing unnecessary holiday stress.

I'll tell you guys what, anyone is welcome (well, short of niftyled) to come over and play it. I have good whiskey, wine, cigars, and I left out the pool table next to the pins.

It's not a huge place but it's definitely a nice pad and my pin collection isn't robust but it's fun.

#928 6 years ago

If only he was in this big of a rush to get it done in the first place, eh?

pin (resized).pngpin (resized).png

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

Some of these posts have been downright violent, malicious, hateful, and vindictive. Written by people who have nothing to do with this situation and met with no resistance or condemnation by this so-called "community". But hey, its entertaining right?

You seem to have some kind of misguided notion that a "community" is always a positive entity.

Daniel is 100% in the wrong here. Had he not taken the douche-tastic move of trying to sell the game, I'd have put some of the blame on the OP, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Once he pulled that crap, it was very transparent what kind of "business" he was running. OP has acted in a reasonable fashion; Daniel has not.

Screw that guy. I'm making it my life's mission to disparage his business at every opportunity I get. THAT'S what he's earned for his prideful behavior. Enjoy your bed; you made it and now you get to sleep in it.

#930 6 years ago

I didnt get anything done yesterday....I hope the transaction completes quickly with no drama so I can be a little more productive today...

#931 6 years ago

Sounds like he wants to make sure the machine won't be inspected. Just pay for it blindly and load it up.

#932 6 years ago

If I was the op, I would man up and go get the game myself.

#933 6 years ago

Pm sent

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

If I was the op, I would man up and go get the game myself.

Um do you think there might be a reason I can't personally get it?

Since no doubt you will ask I do not have any of my cars here right now so this is simply bad/last minute timing.

I'll simply pay for transportation but thanks for your suggestion.

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You wouldn't feel that way if it was your pin.
It was a defense of degenerate behavior. I don't care how mild the wording was that is essentially what it amounts to.

It was well written even if I didn’t agree with all of it it. I hope you get your pin today and can enjoy the rest of the holidays with this behind you.

Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but this is the season to forgive. They screwed up big time. Bordering on criminal. But it’s the season to forgive and move past (once you get your pin that is)

Happy Holidays

Marc

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Just something else that is a bit of a red flag for the future guys.
Niftyled.com is not a licensed business and the provided address is not where they operate from:
Address on NiftyLED.com
2543 Coventry Circle, Fullerton CA 92833
Daniel wouldn't provide me his address (I already had it from some hardcore googling) until I said surfsidedetail couldn't make it until next Tuesday.
Basically, it operates out of his garage not that it is a bad thing but none of the addresses listed on the business pages match up.

That's a RAM Controls kind of move there.

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It was well written even if I didn’t agree with all of it it. I hope you get your pin today and can enjoy the rest of the holidays with this behind you.
Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but this is the season to forgive. They screwed up big time. Bordering on criminal. But it’s the season to forgive and move past (once you get your pin that is)
Happy Holidays
Marc

It is the holiday season and that is why this is not involving the police or attorneys. Several attorneys contacted me telling me they don't have a legal leg to stand on and offering help.

We came to terms although it was difficult for me to swallow what happened.

I agree with the higher road here but I think the true character of the niftyled people showed in this ordeal.

#938 6 years ago

So, I assume that Nifty and Sticky aren't each others Secret Santa.

#940 6 years ago

Oh crap, another day not getting anything done but reading this thread.

#941 6 years ago

Buzz generously offered to help since he is local and already moving pins today.

I just need to let Daniel/Niftyled know what time it is being picked up and when Buzz txts me he's there I'll Paypal $2800.

So... we're all good I think.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Technically I'm "off" today but I came in, told the boss I'm a figment of his imagination, and here I am reading though this again!!

Since the Pinball Amigo's aren't doing updates until tomorrow, this thread fits my schedule perfectly.

#943 6 years ago

It's the thread that keeps on giving

#944 6 years ago

Oh come on pinside not now...

pinside (resized).jpegpinside (resized).jpeg

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:
Am I missing something or did you not yet post the contents of those tantalizing attachments?

I didn't. If you guys want it, I will.

Please do. It's important to hear both sides of the story!

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Please do. It's important to hear both sides of the story!

I'd have to redact a bunch of personal info but let's just concentrate on getting the pin shipped.

#947 6 years ago

Yes, let's let this rest until the machine is in your hands, please.....

#948 6 years ago

Always conduct business in a businesslike manner.

ALWAYS

A handshake business deal is a ticking bomb.

If your sister borrows $500 from you, get an signed IOU. If she doesn't like it, too bad.

Save yourself a lot of heartache.

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

Long Live TPP!
This is all a huge ploy to take down Jeff and Jessica and that'll never happen!
Do you hear me God?!?!?!?

No need to take them down. Don left and that did it for me.

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Second that...I had to come in, but luckily I see tumbleweed rolling around and hear faint western movie music playing in the background at my firm today, so I'm game.

Quoted from Sticky:

Oh come on pinside not now...

You've got two Porsche's. You can afford to upgrade to Pinside Plus. Unlimited posts!! (all in good fun, of course)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/19?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.