4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.
#851 6 years ago

You may have wanted cedar but you didn’t ask for cedar......name the movie

#852 6 years ago

Overboard

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will probably close it at 999.

I disagree. For it was foretold in one of the cruddy touch-ups:

000-pins2 (resized).jpg000-pins2 (resized).jpg

#854 6 years ago

1 THOUSAND posts by Christmas!

1000 (resized).png1000 (resized).png

#855 6 years ago

TEN thousand by Xmas!

#856 6 years ago

I've been busy AF all day. This thread has been a joy to read. What a shit show. Thanks everyone for providing me with some bedtime reading entertainment after a long day.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I knew Daniel was frustrated with this before this thread showed up. I joked with him about blasting the customer on Pinside. He said he wasn't going to do that.

Why the hell would he be frustrated? He took a game and took 3 years to complete a shit restore. At NO point did he provide one piece of evidence that showed he sent an invoice or asked to be paid. NOT ONE. None of the messages he posted said anything about collecting money, NONE.

Daniel and NiftyLED in general are liars, self centered and clueless about business, he even admitted it himself. ( the damage has been done statement ) Then his partner came on with some stupid Pinside sucks rant, like that would help.

This was all followed up by deleting the account and then claiming, $100 a day storage fee!! For real?? You had his game for 3 years and now its got to go, or he has to pay??

Keep defending them and bashing whysnow to make yourself feel better.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

take 10 buddies and show up to get the game.
Print our your original agreement and bring the cash to pay. Let him call the cops when he sees he is going to get his ass pummled if he does not deal with it.
Remain calm and show the cops the paperwork and explain you just came to pay the agreed price and pick up the game.

Dumbest thing one could do. He’d just end up getting into trouble.

#859 6 years ago

Yeah Jeff I know what you're saying about the toxicity and everything. That's not this thread though. Myself and probably most people were of course waiting for nifty to refute the claims in a reasonable fashion. I really thought the op was setting himself up to look silly because there is no way they just went and did what he accused. Instead nifty came in and really put their ass on their shoulders and kept doubling down on it.

In the end, a wrong was righted for a fellow hobbyist and a shady business was exposed, hopefully saving other hobbyists similar heartache.

If you read through with a neutral mindset and see what they did before the thread was made nevermind during I don't see how you could possibly keep supporting these guys on your show.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Keep defending them and bashing whysnow to make yourself feel better.

I can't make it more clear. I'm but defending anybody. FFS, why can't you understand that?

I've never seen such a hard to speak to group of people. I'm done. I can't handle it anymore.

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I can't make it more clear. I'm but defending anybody. FFS, why can't you understand that?
I've never seen such a hard to speak to group of people. I'm done. I can't handle it anymore.

You did defend him though Jar lol. You come on here said “ Who wants to hear the other side of the story? The OP isn’t exactly the victim he makes himself out to be.”

Well we then wanted to hear the other side of the story and then you went silent on us lol.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You can say “I’m not defending him” all you want, but you’re defending him.

You can say “there’s more to this story” all you want, but fail to provide it.

I understand it sucks to see everyone call your friend a piece of crap, but you’re not helping.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

When someone is able to present hard facts and proof, it's not difficult at all.

One bombshell of a screenshot could have changed the tide--and certainly has in other dispute threads.

#864 6 years ago

This was damn entertaining this morning and now I'm buzzed and lost. Is this resolved?

#865 6 years ago

Jesus H. Whipshit. 18 pages? This *has* been a shitshow. Let it die now - for the good of all.

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This was damn entertaining this morning and now I'm buzzed and lost. Is this resolved?

Quoted from alwaysrockin777:

Jesus H. Whipshit. 18 pages? This *has* been a shitshow. Let it die now - for the good of all.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?

Guys try to keep up.
They've decided on a price
Surfside was going to pick up the machine tomorrow for Sticky but can't do it for days
Nifty has said $100 "storage fee" PER DAY
Jar is still positive he has never defended Nifty
I'm trying to swing some funds to go stay at Buzz' house

The game pick up is still out there....this thread is nowhere near complete *AKA Christmas Miracle*

#867 6 years ago

#868 6 years ago

Wow. 2 1/2 hours to read this. So it looks like a deal at $2805. I hope the game works or we may have 20 more pages. If I were OP I would inspect game before paying. If I were Nifty I would have customer sign an acceptance that all work has been acceptable and payment of 2805 is payment in full and waiver of any and all claims. Good luck boys.

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Just to clarify, by current day, I meant people don't make fun of handicapped people. At least, most don't..

Oh good god, please don't start this shit over a Stevie Wonder comment.

#870 6 years ago

Pinball Terrorism hahaha that shit was funny. Glad you guys came to an agreement. Good luck to both sides

#871 6 years ago

images-2 (resized).jpegimages-2 (resized).jpeg

#872 6 years ago

Just amazing it finally happened, I got to the end of this thread. Took multiple sessions since this morning starting at work (thank god they finally got those thicker higher quality ass gaskets again) and now at home. Marathon reading material that kept growing!

So did OP get the game back yet?

#873 6 years ago

This pic really just sums it all up. Nifty should be utterly disgraced for doing this to any machine, especially after taking years. Freaking awful. Almost as lousy as their business practices

https://images.pinside.com/d/b8/db8923c1b4f7a24bb51929e911cefb5d32552322/resized/large/db8923c1b4f7a24bb51929e911cefb5d32552322.jpg

#874 6 years ago

Umm the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbour...

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

LMFAO!! Holy crap, that is hilarious. The Law is kinda like Forest Gump,......”He’s not a smart man.”

#876 6 years ago

I guess Animal House never played in Australia (or Ohio). Lol

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

I guess Animal House never played in Australia (or Ohio). Lol

Yeah it did like 75 years ago I think. Do you have any idea how many beers I’ve drank since I watched Animal House? Not a chance in hell I could remember something like that lol.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

if Hilton can't stir a pot he has no business even touching, he'd probably go insane

hilton03 (resized).jpghilton03 (resized).jpg

#879 6 years ago

Can you imagine what the game would look like if he gave $4200 to HEP ?

#880 6 years ago

That would make it a $7000 game. I get the feeling they are focusing these remakes in the wrong direction.

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Let him go, he's on a roll......

#882 6 years ago

"If this were me, you'd have a baseball bat crammed up your a$$ yesterday."
"This dude is a [comment removed]"
" i cant wait to point out to all pinheads who attend these shows what a douche bag company they are."
"burn him in court for every penny you can get."
"Comet. Cheap & they have great LEDS and run by a pinsider whom isn't a piece of shit."
"California here we come! Boy is it gonna be a shitty Valentine's Day for you when we get there Nifty."
"This has been quite the roller coaster. 10/10 fantastic"
"U-Haul rental and a couple of thugs - get going!"
"I guess that happens when you see someone younger than you with a nicer home, a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, three pinball machines, and whatever else you were drooling over."

sigh.

Some "community" this is. I don't know what it is about pinball but it seems like its always a matter of time before the "community" decides to eat another one of its own.

It is quite obvious that many of us are just here to watch someone get destroyed. We wont be happy until someone gets humiliated, and put to shame at the feet of the "community".

"Pass the popcorn" am I right?
I read post after post of how this is entertaining and how much fun this is, "1 THOUSAND posts by Christmas!". Embarrassing.

Some of these posts have been downright violent, malicious, hateful, and vindictive. Written by people who have nothing to do with this situation and met with no resistance or condemnation by this so-called "community". But hey, its entertaining right?

Yea, I get it. NiftyLED screwed the pooch here. Daniel had no right to put the machine up for sale. They made a mistake, a big one and while Sticky doesn't come across as a wonderful person himself only a fool would say he has no right to be angry. So, what should we do here? As the pinball community, how should we handle this? Is the answer really to destroy NiftyLED? To burn their business to the ground and label them as "scammers"? Are we really happy with completely throwing them out of the pinball world, excommunicating them from anything to do with the hobby? Should we ban them from expos? Destroy their business relationships? Is that what we do to people now just because they did not meet your standard of groveling after what is arguably their first real complaint? What about those they associate with like The Pinball Podcast and Chicago Gaming Company? Should we boycott and tear them down too?

NiftyLED has been a positive influence on the pinball community since the day they came on the scene. I have personally seen how much time they give to this hobby and how willing they are to help others. I know how much they volunteer at pinball events of all types. They have invited me on MANY occasions to join them in this volunteer work, prepping for Arcade Expo and other SoCal events. They sponsor a variety of events by providing things like high quality lanyards, wristbands and dedicate time to helping setup and tear down these same events. Nate and Daniel have helped others enter the hobby and have supported more pinball endeavors than you all know about and they have hundreds of satisfied customers. Even if you are not a fan of their product (which I admit was of questionable quality in the early years for sure), you cannot deny that by entering the market and competing with the company you choose to buy from, they have driven prices down and made LEDs more affordable and accessible then ever. If all of this buys them ZERO goodwill from this community then it is no wonder they have shut off their account and apparently left Pinside in a huff. I don't blame them and I don't blame those others who know what I am talking about for not speaking up out of fear that they will also be ostracized.

It is not a bad thing to lodge a legitimate complaint on a forum. It is a good way to suss out whether this is a fluke or a pattern of behavior and it SHOULD be a good way to get some sound advice about how to proceed in a reasonable and fair manner. I am NOT faulting Sticky for starting this thread. My frustration lies with the terrible comments, poor advice, and general savagery that has been shown to one of our own who has been a part of this group for years. Calling someone a "scammer" implies that this is their modus operandi and that they are actively looking to screw people. That is simply not the case with NiftyLED and in nearly 900 posts I have yet to see someone else come forward and say that Nifty has also ripped them off or scammed them or otherwise provided anything less than quality service.

Some of you may not like their product and that is fine. After all, not everyone is going to like the hamburger sold at every burger joint. But just because you don't like the burger doesn't mean you wish the restaurant burns to the ground. Not liking the product is not the same thing as running a scam and ripping people off. Some of you are knocking the quality of their work without acknowledging that what they were selling was "touch-up" NOT a high-end restoration. I get that its not perfect but you can see from the text messages Daniel only estimates a couple of hours of work on the touch-ups. Did you see the before pictures? How good could the touch-up possibly be with only a couple of hours of work on it? The art was worn to the wood in many places. Regardless of whether or not you think its perfect, its an improvement to me (that is my opinion on something that is very subjective). You can also see from the texts that Daniel offers or suggests a playfield swap down the road or the use of an overlay for better results. The customer responds that "touch up" work would suffice. Fine, seems fair to me. No mercy from the Pinside crowd though...nope, they should be "utterly disgraced". Way to go everyone.

Pinside prides itself on being a community of pinball enthusiasts. Here is the definition of "community":
"a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals."

We are supposed to be friends but we often don't act like it. Just because one of us has an issue with another doesn't mean we cannot offer advice in a kind and respectful way. A few people here did give good advice and were calm and fair about things. A few people did tell Sticky that this was uncharacteristic behavior of NiftyLED and encouraged a peaceful resolution without name calling and without demanding the destruction of an entire business that supports our hobby. A few people were able to offer stern advice to Nifty and let them know how this looked on the surface while acknowledging that we probably didn't have all the facts. Sadly, these are not posts that people find entertaining or fun and were quickly lost in the noise of the rabble.

I really hope that in the future we can try and remember that when there is a dispute, both parties are often upset, heated, and reactions can be irrational (and often stupid) especially when you feel that you are being ganged up on by people or that you have been wronged. It is our job as the community to calm people down, remind them that we are all just human and by virtue of fact that we all share this amazing hobby we should be willing to give each other the benefit of the doubt as to what our intentions are. That would be what fellowship looks like. That would be what friendship looks like and that would be what COMMUNITY looks like.

FULL DISCLOSURE (before someone attributes bad motives to me for hiding something): I do know Nate and Daniel both personally and consider them to be friends (I am the fat guy in the picture on page 1). I do not know Joseph but I am sure he is a nice enough guy when he doesn't feel like he's being screwed. There, now you can all throw out everything I said above and get back to your popcorn.

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

"If this were me, you'd have a baseball bat crammed up your a$$ yesterday."
"This dude is a [comment removed]"
" i cant wait to point out to all pinheads who attend these shows what a douche bag company they are."
"burn him in court for every penny you can get."
"Comet. Cheap & they have great LEDS and run by a pinsider whom isn't a piece of shit."
"California here we come! Boy is it gonna be a shitty Valentine's Day for you when we get there Nifty."
"This has been quite the roller coaster. 10/10 fantastic"
"U-Haul rental and a couple of thugs - get going!"
"I guess that happens when you see someone younger than you with a nicer home, a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, three pinball machines, and whatever else you were drooling over."
sigh.
Some "community" this is. I don't know what it is about pinball but it seems like its always a matter of time before the "community" decides to eat another one of its own.
It is quite obvious that many of us are just here to watch someone get destroyed. We wont be happy until someone gets humiliated, and put to shame at the feet of the "community".
"Pass the popcorn" am I right?
I read post after post of how this is entertaining and how much fun this is, "1 THOUSAND posts by Christmas!". Embarrassing.
Some of these posts have been downright violent, malicious, hateful, and vindictive. Written by people who have nothing to do with this situation and met with no resistance or condemnation by this so-called "community". But hey, its entertaining right?
Yea, I get it. NiftyLED screwed the pooch here. Daniel had no right to put the machine up for sale. They made a mistake, a big one and while Sticky doesn't come across as a wonderful person himself only a fool would say he has no right to be angry. So, what should we do here? As the pinball community, how should we handle this? Is the answer really to destroy NiftyLED? To burn their business to the ground and label them as "scammers"? Are we really happy with completely throwing them out of the pinball world, excommunicating them from anything to do with the hobby? Should we ban them from expos? Destroy their business relationships? Is that what we do to people now just because they did not meet your standard of groveling after what is arguably their first real complaint? What about those they associate with like The Pinball Podcast and Chicago Gaming Company? Should we boycott and tear them down too?
NiftyLED has been a positive influence on the pinball community since the day they came on the scene. I have personally seen how much time they give to this hobby and how willing they are to help others. I know how much they volunteer at pinball events of all types. They have invited me on MANY occasions to join them in this volunteer work, prepping for Arcade Expo and other SoCal events. They sponsor a variety of events by providing things like high quality lanyards, wristbands and dedicate time to helping setup and tear down these same events. Nate and Daniel have helped others enter the hobby and have supported more pinball endeavors than you all know about and they have hundreds of satisfied customers. Even if you are not a fan of their product (which I admit was of questionable quality in the early years for sure), you cannot deny that by entering the market and competing with the company you choose to buy from, they have driven prices down and made LEDs more affordable and accessible then ever. If all of this buys them ZERO goodwill from this community then it is no wonder they have shut off their account and apparently left Pinside in a huff. I don't blame them and I don't blame those others who know what I am talking about for not speaking up out of fear that they will also be ostracized.
It is not a bad thing to lodge a legitimate complaint on a forum. It is a good way to suss out whether this is a fluke or a pattern of behavior and it SHOULD be a good way to get some sound advice about how to proceed in a reasonable and fair manner. I am NOT faulting Sticky for starting this thread. My frustration lies with the terrible comments, poor advice, and general savagery that has been shown to one of our own who has been a part of this group for years. Calling someone a "scammer" implies that this is their modus operandi and that they are actively looking to screw people. That is simply not the case with NiftyLED and in nearly 900 posts I have yet to see someone else come forward and say that Nifty has also ripped them off or scammed them or otherwise provided anything less than quality service.
Some of you may not like their product and that is fine. After all, not everyone is going to like the hamburger sold at every burger joint. But just because you don't like the burger doesn't mean you wish the restaurant burns to the ground. Not liking the product is not the same thing as running a scam and ripping people off. Some of you are knocking the quality of their work without acknowledging that what they were selling was "touch-up" NOT a high-end restoration. I get that its not perfect but you can see from the text messages Daniel only estimates a couple of hours of work on the touch-ups. Did you see the before pictures? How good could the touch-up possibly be with only a couple of hours of work on it? The art was worn to the wood in many places. Regardless of whether or not you think its perfect, its an improvement to me (that is my opinion on something that is very subjective). You can also see from the texts that Daniel offers or suggests a playfield swap down the road or the use of an overlay for better results. The customer responds that "touch up" work would suffice. Fine, seems fair to me. No mercy from the Pinside crowd though...nope, they should be "utterly disgraced". Way to go everyone.
Pinside prides itself on being a community of pinball enthusiasts. Here is the definition of "community":
"a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals."
We are supposed to be friends but we often don't act like it. Just because one of us has an issue with another doesn't mean we cannot offer advice in a kind and respectful way. A few people here did give good advice and were calm and fair about things. A few people did tell Sticky that this was uncharacteristic behavior of NiftyLED and encouraged a peaceful resolution without name calling and without demanding the destruction of an entire business that supports our hobby. A few people were able to offer stern advice to Nifty and let them know how this looked on the surface while acknowledging that we probably didn't have all the facts. Sadly, these are not posts that people find entertaining or fun and were quickly lost in the noise of the rabble.
I really hope that in the future we can try and remember that when there is a dispute, both parties are often upset, heated, and reactions can be irrational (and often stupid) especially when you feel that you are being ganged up on by people or that you have been wronged. It is our job as the community to calm people down, remind them that we are all just human and by virtue of fact that we all share this amazing hobby we should be willing to give each other the benefit of the doubt as to what our intentions are. That would be what fellowship looks like. That would be what friendship looks like and that would be what COMMUNITY looks like.
FULL DISCLOSURE (before someone attributes bad motives to me for hiding something): I do know Nate and Daniel both personally and consider them to be friends (I am the fat guy in the picture on page 1). I do not know Joseph but I am sure he is a nice enough guy when he doesn't feel like he's being screwed. There, now you can all throw out everything I said above and get back to your popcorn.

Anyone going to read all this?

#884 6 years ago

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!!
This niftyled company (Daniel Buenrostro) has to have one of the most unprofessional, shady, sneaky and illegal business practices I've seen in a long while. And the whole orangecountypinball web knockoff is just as bad.

I really can't believe a professional company like CGC and CGC_DougS are associated with this company.

#885 6 years ago

Oooooooof.... I just ordered 20 bucks worth of colored CG LEDS for AFMr. I hope its not a scam.

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Skimmed through it but not worth reading. Anyone that can try to defend a person tying to illegally sell another persons property isn't worth reading. So if I robed one bank but no other banks say I robbed them that would make me right???

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That he still exaggerated his original post by leaving out a lot of the extras that raised the price. That both sides made mistakes and that they should (and did!) work it out. That the seller's "he's trying to screw me because I'm richer than he is" attitude is still piss poor and inexcusable and totally gross to throw around. Frickin' bulldogs and 70" TVs, man.
I'm not 1/100th as emotionally invested in this as you all seem to be and I actually know more about the story. You guys are all weird. Really, really weird.

You keep saying you know more about the story yet haven't contributed anything. I've literally never spoken to you before this thread.

You are the only one that said, 'He's not innocent' but literally provided nothing of substance. Taking my property and selling it isn't a mistake. It's theft.

Why you're lying and taking this position I have no clue. You're probably just jealous of my bulldog too.

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nobody is saying that trying to sell it was a good idea, not even NiftyLED.
This isn't a defense, just a question. But what would you do if you were trying to contact a customer to pay/pick up something from you and they weren't answering? You're out time, you're out money, and you're not getting any response. You start to think that you're going to be left with something that you've sunk as much, or more, money into that you can get back out of it. You just want to be done with the machine and the customer.
I have been there with a customer and it sucks. It's a scenario very similar to this that got me to stop doing pinball restorations or to take in machines at my place for repair. I'll go do remote work, but I won't take possession of anybody's stuff ever again. Not worth the headaches and definitely not worth the money. I never got accused of anything like this, but just chasing down people who conveniently go silent on you when you need to collect payment was infuriating.
Again, it's not a defense or an excuse, but maybe think through the entire situation for a few minutes before you take someone's side 100% of the way.

Why are you interjecting? You aren't a part of this.

Are you bored? Do you need a soap opera?

I was never contacted. Notice how there is no proof? Literally NOTHING? I asked for you to add your two cents and all you have provided is conjecture. Is this role playing for you?

An invoice was sent AFTER he was caught selling my machine due to this thread. He literally created the invoice after this thread was created while posting in it as he had no choice knowing he never sent one. Yet I'm in the wrong somehow according to you?

Who the hell do you think are? You're defending lying, extortion, and robbery. What is your malfunction?

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I did. And there's some good points in that post, so I recommend you read it.

It's also important to note that there are only a handful of people posting hateful comments. Pinside currently has 44,999 members. Just to put things into context. It's impossible for everyone to get along. What I do expect from every single member is that they behave civil when posting, so please leave the baseball bats and thugs nonsense out of your posts. Threats of violence are unacceptable.

I also got word that some people apparently felt like sending threatening messages to Nifty. Please keep in mind that doing so may lead to termination of your Pinside account. I will not accept that sort of stuff happening over my servers. No matter who is right or wrong.

This whole siuation is a big mess and I hope this will get resolved quickly so we can put this to rest. Until then, I do urge everyone to remain calm, behave like adults and keep things civil. If not, this thread will get locked.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No argument there. It was bad decision. Just saying it's not as clear cut as presented from either side.

How is it not? Please, explain.

Please person in Utah isolated from this who consistently has gotten everything they posted in this thread wrong show how it is not cut and dry.

Because to me the way it appears is I was patient with Nifty, hired Nifty for work WHILE they worked on my machine as a token of appreciation for said work, let Nifty work at their leisure, and was surprised I was being charged more than double the original quote when after two years the machine was finally done.

I then was further surprised, no, shocked, when I saw my machine listed for sale after I was the last one to communicate saying the price should be what we agreed to and then saw my machine used as advertising on their social media channels and listed on EBAY with no notice.

So what am I missing here? What is this bit of knowledge you supposedly have that hasn't been contributed? I posted screengrabs and texts supporting my timeline and assertions.

Who the hell are you?

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I mean, that’s kind of not reasonable. That’s like someone saying, you are wrong and I know why but won’t tell you why. If you claim to have inside knowledge you should spill it or if you can’t dont tell every one you have the inside intel to begin with. .

He doesn't have any inside knowledge.

I'm amazed someone would take it upon themselves to interject like this but after seeing my pinball machine on Ebay I guess this isn't shocking.

At least he didn't try to sell my TV or Bulldog, am I right?

Speaking of which, if the Bulldog goes to the vet and I don't pay the bill do they put it down immediately?

He probably has some inside knowledge on that too.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm not in here defending anybody, just came in to say that everybody should wait to hear it all before raising pitchforks. These threads always go the same way, not sure why I would expect different.
Stop painting me as a defender or attacker. This was never my fight. I'm not going to come in and put anybody on blast or defend anybody. I don't have investment in this, but you all act like you do. It's pretty sad.
This place is toxic. It's scary how quickly you all want to mob up, put words in people's mouth, create odd scenarios to fit an argument that doesn't even need to happen, railroad people you don't know or defend someone you only think you do, and then quickly move onto the next scandal (real or invented).
I knew Daniel was frustrated with this before this thread showed up. I joked with him about blasting the customer on Pinside. He said he wasn't going to do that. Then I see this thread in the morning and saw the game listed for sale. I hadn't talked to either Nifty guy, but I knew they were frustrated with their difficulties trying to get this settled and it was either a reaction to either go nowhere dialog with the seller or they still couldn't get an answer. I knew they had their own point of view and frustrations. That's why when the thread popped up, with not a totally complete picture, I mentioned that there was more to it and that it would be smart to wait for the whole story before getting too involved and riled up. Why is that such a crazy thing?
But you guys can't be rational. It has to be taking sides or nothing, I guess. This is all very, very childish. This thread didn't need a thousand posts. This thread didn't even need to exist. It should have been worked out privately.
But hey, if Hilton can't stir a pot he has no business even touching, he'd probably go insane, so what else should I expect?

This place isn't toxic. You're toxic.

Nobody put words in anyone's mouth. The closest anyone came to that is you by saying you 'know more' about this story. How? Who talked to you? What is this intimate knowledge of my pin you have?

Your biggest issue is that I said I'm more successful than he is? Yeah, well I don't rip people off for a living. I conduct honest business. I sleep soundly at night. Helps my bulldog guards the door, right? Wouldn't want that TV stolen, right? You're a joke.

This is part of the problem in this country. People are actually blaming the victims of the criminals. This guy would defend a robber coming into your home and slipping on the floor breaking his hip by saying you shouldn't have mopped it.

You say you didn't talk to either Nifty guy yet you 'know' they were frustrated with their difficulties getting this settled? I'm RIGHT HERE. Why didn't you PM me? Why didn't they? Why didn't they text? Why didn't they say anything? Both of them are liars and you know what else? So are you. Provide evidence of their frustration and your correspondence, please.

[removed]

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Am I missing something or did you not yet post the contents of those tantalizing attachments?

I didn't. If you guys want it, I will.

I just thought it might be better to not fuel flames and just get the pin finally.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In case you did not realize, your buddy stole a game and attempted to sell it... there is not much else to the 'other' side of the story after that. EABODs buddy.
Nobody stirred a pot, your buddy showed up with the shit pile and the shit stick and made a shit tornado with his brother Randy Bo Bandy.

Succinct and accurate.

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?
Guys try to keep up.
They've decided on a price
Surfside was going to pick up the machine tomorrow for Sticky but can't do it for days
Nifty has said $100 "storage fee" PER DAY
Jar is still positive he has never defended Nifty
I'm trying to swing some funds to go stay at Buzz' house
The game pick up is still out there....this thread is nowhere near complete *AKA Christmas Miracle*

That's right. This is the only issue.

I'm arranging other shipping options right now. I hope I can be forgiven for going to bed early after staying up all night trying to stop someone from stealing my property.

Apparently I'm missing part of the story though.

#896 6 years ago

Any chance it could be another one of the other 18k plus Bally playboys out there and he was using your pics as reference. Probably not, but just saying ......... any possibility ?

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Any chance it could be another one of the other 18k plus Bally playboys out there and he was using your pics as reference. Probably not, but just saying ......... any possibility ?

No because he texted me the shots in advance. So he literally used the exact same shots he texted me of the finished machine on his classified posts.

Not the brightest bulb.

Not to mention he didn't even bother to check if I was a member of the Facebook group he was posting my machine for sale to.

So, you can see the masterminds we're dealing with here.

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

No because he texted me the shots so he literally used the exact same shots he texted me of the finished machine on his classified posts.
Not the brightest bulb.
Not to mention he didn't even bother to check if I was a member of the Facebook group he was posting my machine for sale to.
So, you can see masterminds we're dealing with here.

I understand that...... What Im saying is, are you sure he not restoring another one and is using your pics as reference because its not finished. Ive seen that happen before. Not saying thats the case here, but could it be a possibility.

#899 6 years ago

If anyone close to Corona would like to help with shipping that would be great. I have to wait until a few businesses open in the morning but either way this nightmare will be over by the end of the day.

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I understand that...... What Im saying is, are you sure he not restoring another one and using your pics as reference because its not finished. Ive seen that happen before. Not saying thats the case here though but could it be a possibility.

I just don't see any evidence of that. You'll notice going back over two years the only playboy they posted on their social media account is mine and those same pics have been texted to me periodically.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/18?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.