4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.
#751 6 years ago

1000 posts by 7pm?

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's pretty damn funny there

Absolutely!

#753 6 years ago

Storage fees by NiftyLED after all this crap is insanely petty, and just BS in general. That was never agreed upon and now that a price and pickup person have been established, there should be a reasonable window for pickup.

Just like how we always link the old thread when a certain seller from Rock Island, IL posts a FS ad, this thread needs to be brought up in every CGC announcement until they confirm they've cut ties with this asshat.

PS - Those PF touch-ups are f'ing busch league!

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I won't. No storage fee nonsense that's just petty crap from them.
I just want this picked up by someone who knows what to look for, that's all.

Serious question not trolling.
What exactly do you want someone to look for? The pics of that playfield look horrendous, and should tell you everything you need to know.
You should pick it up yourself and see it in person since quality is subjective.

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

What exactly do you want someone to look for? The pics of that playfield look horrendous, and should tell you everything you need to know.
You should pick it up yourself and see it in person since quality is subjective.

Probably just that it's plug and play working. Shit these guys might jack the boards on the way out

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably just that it's plug and play working. Shit these guys might jack the boards on the way out

Got ya so not so much quality of work, more like is everything there and intact

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

Maybe you're right. I'm not sure really as this is the first restoration I've done and experience wouldn't hurt.

I agree there is a lot that is subjective.

Even if the playfield is terrible they do reproductions fairly often for this pin due to the volume so I'll probably want a new one eventually, right?

#758 6 years ago

It seems u have enough wrapped up in it already....

#759 6 years ago

They did a nice job on the cab. The playfield touch ups are terrible.

The game's got all new boards and displays. Doesn't look like they bothered changing the connectors but what do you want for $3000. My guess would be the thing will work fine, it's practically all new.

Why are people into Chrome lockdown bars anyway? They smudge and fingerprint instantly, and the last thing I want to see when I'm playing is my double chin.

#760 6 years ago

Sound board looks original...weird thing to not replace with the rest. Cab does look fantastic.

Also weird it didn't look like they re-did the roll tilt.

It is a massive oversight to not re-do the connectors with the game in possession for 2 years and installing new boards..

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.
Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.
As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.
To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.
Regards,
Nate

Wow...just wow. Started off so promising, throw your partner under the bus and apologize. But then to start attempting to shame the people who have chimed in to this thread mostly because of your idiotic partner is just another knock against you guys. Pinside is great, it's just people like you and your business that seem to be trying to ruin it. If you invoiced the customer a while back, I am 100% certain nifty would have posted that

Shame on you

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

nate daniel niftyled please cease and desist using the domain OrangeCountyPinball.com

They should probably just go with OC Games, ya think?

#763 6 years ago

Just send the ten people Pinball gang to pick it up. Get cool leather jackets and sunglasses and talk in a Arnold Schwarzenegger accent to intimidate him into not doing anything funny.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just send the ten person Pinball gang to pick it up. Get cool leather jackets and sunglasses and talk in a Arnold Schwarzenegger accent to intimidate him into not doing anything funny.

YA! No Funny stuff!!

funnt (resized).jpgfunnt (resized).jpg

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Looks like they deactivated their account.
Shocker.

#ShiftyLED

#767 6 years ago

Fixed it

#768 6 years ago

Just send the ten person Pinball gang to pick it up. Get cool leather jackets and sunglasses and talk in a Arnold Schwarzenegger accent to intimidate him into not doing anything funny.

And then piss on his rug.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

And then piss on his rug.

Last thing I need is to be charged for a rug that really held the room together.

#770 6 years ago

Glad it was over. Was about to give Nifty a small bit of a "pass"...figured 2 people got into it and tempers got hot...finally settled....THEN, the $100 per day storage.....HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Glad it was over. Was about to give Nifty a small bit of a "pass"...figured 2 people got into it and tempers got hot...finally settled....THEN, the $100 per day storage.....HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

#772 6 years ago

Wow!! This thread has More posts than a waspinatOr sale/trade thread!!!!!!!!!

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

the gift that keeps on giving

Almost as good as a the jelly of the month club!

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.
Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.
As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.
To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.
Regards,
Nate

Are you the meat head charging $100/day storage?

You're fortunate to be dealing with a patient guy.

#775 6 years ago

NiftyLED seems like total jerks. In his defense he blamed everyone on pinside for being the problem......buddy it’s not us, it’s you!!!!

#776 6 years ago

This thread smells like Kaneda's bedsheets.

What a shitshow.

#777 6 years ago

You don't need 10. Vid and his 2 buddies would be just fine.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Haha! I see what you did there.

#779 6 years ago

This thread should be made a sticky for how not to run a pin related business, and how the pinside community deals with those who try to take advantage of people.

#780 6 years ago

Title it: “how to ruin your business single handed before lunch”

#781 6 years ago

The other option could be to send dog the bounty Hunter.

Dog-dog-the-bounty-hunter-1852385-1280-1024 (resized).jpgDog-dog-the-bounty-hunter-1852385-1280-1024 (resized).jpg

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Soccer(Football) Hooligans!

#783 6 years ago

This thread reads like one of those night time soap operas.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nifty Leds suck anyways.....

So true....
Bought a wide assortment at Zapcon to check em out. Garbage. Comet or cointaker is a no brainer for quality bulbs...

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Who wants to hear the other side of the story? OP isn't exactly the victim he makes himself out to be...

So, Johnny Utah, what say you now? Awfully quiet all of a sudden?

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

So true....
Bought a wide assortment at Zapcon to check em out. Garbage. Comet or cointaker is a no brainer for quality bulbs...

Totally , me to bought a bunch at Zapcon and almost all the frosted covers fell off .
Good to see you Nate!

#787 6 years ago

And then NiftYNate jumps in and comes up with a $100 per day storage fee. . .

I’m certain Nifty installed stuff that was outside the scope and the OP agreed to. I’m also certain the OP had figured that stuff was going to add to the cost and is skating on the premise that since Nifty didn’t tell him a price, that he shouldn’t have to pay. Anyone would know that those add-ons wouldn’t be free (and weren’t included in the original price). Not excusing Nifty for offering the machine for sale, but just sayin. . .

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That he still exaggerated his original post by leaving out a lot of the extras that raised the price. That both sides made mistakes and that they should (and did!) work it out. That the seller's "he's trying to screw me because I'm richer than he is" attitude is still piss poor and inexcusable and totally gross to throw around. Frickin' bulldogs and 70" TVs, man.

I'm not 1/100th as emotionally invested in this as you all seem to be and I actually know more about the story. You guys are all weird. Really, really weird.

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You guys are all weird. Really, really weird.

What's weird would be jumping into this thread to defend a friend without mentioning your business relationship. But nobody would ever do that, right? Too weird.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Give him a break he went out on a limb for his buddies and it didn’t work out.

The bonds of friendship are strong. Would you have him betray them?!

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What's weird would be jumping into this thread to defend a friend without mentioning your business relationship. But nobody would ever do that, right? Too weird.

Nifty doesn't pay us for podcast sponsorship. It's a friendly thing. There's no "business relationship" to speak of.

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nifty doesn't pay us for podcast sponsorship. It's a friendly thing. There's no "business relationship" to speak of.

My mistake. And that's a legit perspective to say there's no business relationship. But even without dollars changing hands, you've made his business a part of your show.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.

May I suggest someone else to do your play field touch up? Because if this is one of your good jobs, your touch up guy is Stevie Wonder

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

My mistake. And that's a legit perspective to say there's no business relationship. But even without dollars changing hands, you've made his business a part of your show.

I don't plan on stopping. It's an angry customer situation. Everybody has them at some point. And I haven't said more about what I know about things because it's not my situation. I just came out to say that there was another side to things, which turned out to be true. I don't want to put Sticky on blast, and I'm not going to sit and defend Nifty. All I did was say, "hey guys, there's more here."

The only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was Sticky's implication that Daniel couldn't help but try and fleece him out of jealousy over a bulldog and an unseen and previously unknown 70" TV. 4K TV, NO LESS!

#795 6 years ago

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Wow!! This thread has More posts than a waspinatOr sale/trade thread!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING: waspinat0r has posted a Playboy for trade

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I actually know more about the story.

You keep saying this, but then provide nothing further. Probably best to not say anything at all.

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

the seller's "he's trying to screw me because I'm richer than he is" attitude is still piss poor and inexcusable and totally gross to throw around. Frickin' bulldogs and 70" TVs, man.
I'm not 1/100th as emotionally invested in this as you all seem to be and I actually know more about the story. You guys are all weird. Really, really weird.

i agree that the client saying that shit was completely uncalled for and tasteless. but the point of the dispute wasn't whether or not the client is a cool guy with good judgement and a way with words. the bottom line is, the restorer tried to sell the guy's personal property behind his back! there's absolutely nothing else to say! it's completely so messed up. i wouldn't have been a fraction as cool about it as to come to the forum to let you guys decide, i promise you that.

#799 6 years ago

I’m so glad I ordered from comet yesterday......

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

May I suggest someone else to do your play field touch up? Because if this is one of your good jobs, your touch up guy is Stevie Wonder

Awesome, current day humor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 199.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/16?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.