4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All we want to hear is that the OP got his game and is happy with it.

and the website is abandoned making Evan whole and not tarnishing his future reputation.

I mean seriously when he did a search for orangecountypinballs and it came up as used in domain search -did a little light go on in his head that said I will just call it orangecountypinball -that's disgraceful.

Double facepalm.jpgDouble facepalm.jpg

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Cliff notes:
Our fault: Trying to sell the OP's machine out from under him.
Pinside and OP's fault: Everything else.
This thread is everything I love about Pinside. If the OP hadn't started this thread, his machine might have been sold. (Although for the price you were asking, probably not.
I noticed you didn't address the "OC Pinball Repair" fiasco. Conveniently, you won't be responding to any more posts.

He could have come in and just said, we screwed up. Everything we did was wrong. Frankly, we should be happy this didn't escalate. We won't conduct business like this again.

My personal apologies and so forth.

Instead, the same blatant lies. If they sent me an invoice why did I just receive it today? If they messaged me about the cost, where is it? Where is the proof I ignored them? Where is notification of listing my pin for sale?

Why continue down the same path when this right here is your chance to atone? Sounds like Daniel and Nate are PERFECT partners.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it.

Why would you try to sell something that does not belong to you? Why would I ever trust your company for any of my pinball needs?

#704 6 years ago

Now we'll never know if Nate talked Dan into not drinking and posting.

#705 6 years ago

Honestly after further review and seeing that playfield touch up job, I would just tell him to keep the damn game. You said you bought the game for 500 right? I would eat the 500 and walk away and go find another playboy machine.

#706 6 years ago

Wow. That's awful. -$5.00 per bad letter.

#707 6 years ago

We will pick up this game so this all is resolved and this tire fire can be extinguished. Keep in touch Sticky

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

making Evan whole

evan-almighty-movie-clip-screenshot-you-did-good_large (resized).jpgevan-almighty-movie-clip-screenshot-you-did-good_large (resized).jpg

#709 6 years ago

Anybody in the market to buy a bulb company real cheap? .02 cents on the dollar maybe.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

What law has been broken here? please quote me the PC?

Cal. Penal Code s. 484, Conversion.

http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-484.html

Since you did not file a mechanic’s lien, OP’s ownership is uncontested.

When you listed for sale, you unequivocally asserted an ownership interest which satisfies subd.(a) of 484.

Measure of damages is fair market value. How will you dispute the $5,500 you put on eBay?

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

We will pick up this game so this all is resolved and this tire fire can be extinguished. Keep in touch Sticky

I trust you to pick up the game surfsidedetail as you know what to look for but he just texted me if it isn't picked up by tomorrow I have to pay $100 storage fees per day...

Quite a guy.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Honestly after further review and seeing that playfield touch up job, I would just tell him to keep the damn game. You said you bought the game for 500 right? I would eat the 500 and walk away and go find another playboy machine.

Agreed. Or take that $800 they offered...lol. No way the game is worth $3k with that playfield.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Cal. Penal Code s. 484, Conversion.
http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-484.html
Since you did not file a mechanic’s lien, OP’s ownership is uncontested.
When you listed for sale, you unequivocally asserted an ownership interest which satisfies subd.(a) of 484.
Measure of damages is fair market value. How will you dispute the $5,500 you put on eBay?

Man I love this community.

#714 6 years ago

Now that's good business!!

#715 6 years ago

There is so much to learn from in this thread.

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Agreed. Or take that $800 they offered...lol. No way the game is worth $3k with that playfield.

There’s been so many posts that I must have missed that. If I could get 800 I’d take it and be happy. If I paid 5K for that game and they shipped it to me and I seen that playfield touch up job, I would fall over dead!

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I trust you to pick up the game surfsidedetail as you know what to look for but he just texted me if it isn't picked up by tomorrow I have to pay $100 storage fees per day...
Quite a guy.

He's had it for 3+ years and now wants $100 a day storage? What a tool and his partner sounds just as dumb.

Those touch-ups too..... did kids do the "thousands"? My god that's horrible work.

So, horrible customer service and horrible work. They should last a long time.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Quite a guy.

Nice - he keeps your machine two years longer than he was suppose to and now that it is finished he wants you to pick it up within 24 hours or he will charge you $100 a day for storage. This gets even better every time I look!

A quick question for everyone posting - has any other thread ever had this much action in just a few hours?

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There is so much to learn from in this thread.

Yeah, don't let kids color on your playfields.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

and the website is abandoned making Evan whole and not tarnishing his future reputation.
I mean seriously when he did a search for orangecountypinballs and it came up as used in domain search -did a little light go on in his head that said I will just call it orangecountypinball -that's disgraceful.

Nate Daniel NiftyLED please cease and desist using the domain OrangeCountyPinball.com

I will wait for Sticky to make arrangements and we will pick up this machine.

Thank you
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Quite a guy.

So he’s still being a Douche I see. Walk away man, this game isn’t worth 2800

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It really is terrible advice, but just think about how awesome it would be to show up with 10 gorillas and pound the guy out and take the game. Like something out of a movie.

Right turn Clyde...

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

He's had it for 3+ years and now wants $10 a day storage? What a tool and his partner sounds just as dumb.
Those touch-ups too..... did kids do the "thousands"? My god that's horrible work.
So, horrible customer service and horrible work. They should last a long time.

$100 per day, not $10.

I mean we will work this out. The nice thing is surfsidedetail is close to one of my businesses so it's perfect but he said he's busy.

Still, he's the kind of pinball expert I trust to inspect this game.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So he’s still being a Douche I see. Walk away man, this game isn’t worth 2800

I said I'd pay $2800 and my word means something.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

$100 per day, not $10.
I mean we will work this out. The nice thing is surfsidedetail is close to one of my businesses so it's perfect but he said he's busy.

Didn’t you see the playfield touch up pics? This game isn’t worth 2800 period.

#726 6 years ago

nate daniel niftyled please cease and desist using that domain
I will wait for Sticky to make arrangements and we will pick up this machine.
Thank you
Evan Zelien
OrangeCountyPinballs.com
714-451-6308

I PM'd you.

Basically, it's whenever you can get it. I know your busy but if he's going to charge $100 per day until you are free that's absurd.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Now we'll never know if Nate talked Dan into not drinking and posting.

To sum up this thread in 1 photo...

sum up (resized).jpgsum up (resized).jpg

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

$100 per day, not $10.

For all transparency we will document the pickup with photographs.

Thank you

#729 6 years ago

Thank you

smart move.

#730 6 years ago

Thank you

You guys rock.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I said I'd pay $2800 and my word means something.

True but you didn’t see how bad the playfield touch up work was. That is not professional work sorry. Do what you want to though, it’s your $$$

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

he just texted me if it isn't picked up by tomorrow I have to pay $100 storage fees per day

Didn't someone already quote the first law of holes? "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

#734 6 years ago

ok, let me just pick my jaw up off the floor, here..

so, nifty committed fraud, theft, deception, and lied about the entire transaction (amongst several other things). but wait for it... after all that, said that pinside sucks.

those guys are unfortunately going to have to stick to pinball restoration, best they can, 'cause they sure as hell don't have a future in crisis management!

#735 6 years ago

Looks like they deactivated their account.

Shocker.

fullsizeoutput_160 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_160 (resized).jpeg

#736 6 years ago

c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8 (resized).jpgc595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8 (resized).jpg

#737 6 years ago

Thanks a lot assholes. You made me miss my hot moms doing yoga Thursday at the Y.

#738 6 years ago

Pinside servers had to have been close to crashing. I know my mail alert stopped working during this.

#739 6 years ago

I hope that the mods keep this thread open so that it doesn't get burried and members here can see what transpired. This is one of the most ridiculous situations I've ever seen a company create for themselves in this hobby. The damage control follow up blaming Pinside is the icing on the cake.

I've ordered from NiftyLED in the past and have posted here positively about their GI replacement bulbs for my AFMLE. They are proprietary bulbs supplied to Chicago Gaming Company by NiftyLED. All that being said the way they chose to conduct business with this particular customer is so completely shameful.

"You dont know the entire story" argument doesn't hold any water when you can't present facts to back that up. Seriously...what a complete disaster. I'll never buy from them again.

#740 6 years ago

That's one hairy playmate!

20171221_152755 (resized).png20171221_152755 (resized).png

#741 6 years ago

This is close to over. Just waiting to hear when surfsidedetail can arrange to pick this up.

I'm just glad this community helped me resolve this. I was sick to my stomach and got no sleep as I stayed up collecting evidence essentially.

Thank you everyone.

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Looks like they deactivated their account.
Shocker.

Dammit. I was waiting to see if their thumbs percentage dipped below Who-Deys'....they got out JUST in time

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dude has a bulldog and a big TV. This shit is small potatoes for him.
"

I’m trying to catch up with this thread and just read this. Damn that’s some funny stuff.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit. I was waiting to see if their thumbs percentage dipped below Who-Deys'....they got out JUST in time

Yeah no doubt and since they left you just regained your spot as being the #1 ___

Well I better just leave it at that because I don't want to get kicked from this thread.

#745 6 years ago

Slight problem.

Surfsidedetail can't pick it up until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Niftyled threatened $100 storage per day.

It seems even getting this picked up is going to be a tooth and nail endeavor.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah no doubt and since they left you just regained your spot as being the #1 __

That's pretty damn funny there

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Slight problem.
Surfsidedetail can't pick it up until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Niftyled threatened $100 storage per day.

[removed] - get going!

Oh....and for those skipping the other 14 pages...... www.cometpinball.com from now on.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Slight problem.

No offense, but if you let them charge you one penny of storage fees you are a fool. Don't let them do that to you. I would walk away from this game totally if it were me.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No offense, but if you let them charge you one penny of storage fees you are a fool. Don't let them do that to you. I would walk away from this game totally if it were me.

I won't. No storage fee nonsense that's just petty crap from them.

I just want this picked up by someone who knows what to look for, that's all.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'd just ignore that bluster, have your guy(s) show up with $2,805 next week and take the game.

Or tell him it's $100 per day rental and send him an invoice for $73,000 to cover the two extra years he held it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 199.95
There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/15?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.