Topic Stats

• 1,375 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E365DB6-A589-41D0-9F2D-00AD2296188A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0859 (resized).JPG
goodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png
31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png
614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png
scrooge_pic01 (resized).jpg
ec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpg
IMG_3896 (resized).PNG
4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1374 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 28.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dude has a bulldog and a big TV. This shit is small potatoes for him.
It's not about the money at this point bro!

His name is Tank:

10429229_733318253430199_5916122612126048554_n (resized).jpg

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dude has a bulldog and a big TV. This shit is small potatoes for him.
It's not about the money at this point bro!

Nifty...please for the love of all that is holy, take him up on this offer.
He's gonna come back with "throw in a bag of Cool Ranch and I'll consider it."

ive accepted and just waiting for him to call/text whatever and arrange a time to come get it

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

ive accepted and just waiting for him to call/text whatever and arrange a time to come get it

#654 1 year ago

#655 1 year ago

Nifty Leds suck anyways.....

#656 1 year ago

Honestly, niftyled, you got off lucky here. Yeah, your business's reputation is probably ruined within the community it serves, and there's a chance at losing a big contract with a major pinball manufacturer (if that partnership is even true), but at least that game didn't sell on eBay. Could you imagine the entangled web of legality you'd be in caught up in if you had gone through with that, with little to no warning, documentation or some sort of following the letter of the law?

I say you should be thanking your lucky stars the game was not sold off. I believe in CA, the value of selling stolen goods over $950 constitutes a felony. Whether or not this fits the case of 'stolen goods' is TBD by the courts. I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near something like that. Not a great way to kick off 2018...

Merry Christmas.

P.S. - all troubling behavior aside, kudos to you guys for finding a middle ground and coming to terms. It's nice to see it eventually go down like that.

#657 1 year ago

Come on guys, can't you keep this up 3 more hours till I get off work?

How about minute by minute progress reports.

#658 1 year ago

Some valuable lessons learned, and quite entertaining - thanks guys

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

One guy, ONE GUY.
You have my number, please make arrangements that way...

If I was the OP I would send Neagan.

923FE096-6FA8-48E4-ABB3-52672AA0AFB3 (resized).jpeg

#660 1 year ago

Never heard of niftyled, but sure won't buy anything from them now.

Sounds like a total prick.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If I was the OP I would send Neagan.

I hope you wore yer shittin' pants!

#662 1 year ago

For those keeping score at home, (and because I have way too much free time) the final(?) count for Nifty on this thread.

Upvotes: 10
Downvotes 204

Yikes....Talk about a reputation (and percentage) taking a hit! Dude had a total of 10 downvotes prior to this thread.

#663 1 year ago

Sticky, would love to see pics of the pin posted once you get it.......

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sticky, would love to see pics of the pin posted once you get it.......

Count on it.

#666 1 year ago

Would like a video of the pickup too........That is if you are going in person.......

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Thank Christ. Let's see.....got to work at 7:45am - now 1:15pm...5.5 hours on Pinside @ $150/hr (Pinside loss in productivity rate) is $825.00. Who can I send my invoice to?

#668 1 year ago

How very sad.

OP- I would consider contracting surfsidedetail here on pinside to pick up the pin. Sorry if that was mentioned I am not able to keep up with this thread

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Ok you have accepted, now how about doing the right thing in regards to Evan and the true Orange County Pinball. You clearly ripped him off as well and need to make it right. You are an imposter at it's finest. Change your website to something that does not infringe upon someone else's domain. The pinball community is small, everyone knows everyone, time to stand up and do what's right.

I feel like next time I see your booth at a pinball show I will stop by and do some crop-dusting.

#670 1 year ago

For all of you doubters about when the machine was finished...and how much work went in to it...

It makes me a little sad how this ended...

IMG_3211 (resized).JPG

IMG_3209 (resized).JPG

IMG_3212 (resized).JPG

IMG_3210 (resized).JPG

IMG_3213 (resized).JPG

IMG_3214 (resized).JPG

IMG_3215 (resized).JPG

IMG_3218 (resized).jpg

IMG_0041 (resized).jpg

IMG_3216 (resized).JPG

IMG_0042 (resized).jpg

IMG_1216 (resized).jpg

IMG_1215 (resized).jpg

IMG_1352 (resized).jpg

IMG_1354 (resized).jpg

IMG_1353 (resized).jpg

IMG_1355 (resized).jpg

IMG_1356 (resized).jpg

IMG_1640 (resized).jpg

IMG_1641 (resized).jpg

IMG_1642 (resized).jpg

IMG_1643 (resized).jpg

IMG_1644 (resized).jpg

IMG_1645 (resized).jpg

IMG_1646 (resized).jpg

IMG_1647 (resized).jpg

IMG_1648 (resized).jpg

IMG_1649 (resized).jpg

IMG_1650 (resized).jpg

IMG_3205 (resized).JPG

IMG_1651 (resized).jpg

IMG_3206 (resized).JPG

IMG_3207 (resized).JPG

IMG_3208 (resized).JPG

#671 1 year ago

Here’s the other thing that I don’t like. The OP is sending 2800 dollars for a game that he can’t even inspect. What if the work that Nifty done on the machine sucks as much as his attitude does? Then the OP loses 2800 dollars on a machine that has bad quality work done on it so I have a feeling that this may not be the end of this story. I would have to personally inspect that game myself before blindly handy this guy 2800 dollars of my hard earned money.

#672 1 year ago

I'd buy that for $5k.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

For all of you doubters about when the machine was finished...and how much work went in to it...

It actually ended well.

It's all of the stuff before it ended that should make you sad.

That being said, I'm in the mood to get a few games in on my Playboy.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here’s the other thing that I don’t like. The OP is sending 2800 dollars for a game that he can’t even inspect. What if the work that Nifty done on the machine sucks as much as his attitude does? Then the OP loses 2800 dollars on a machine that has bad quality work done on it so I have a feeling that this may not be the end of this story. I would have to personally inspect that game myself before blindly handy this guy 2800 dollars of my hard earned money.

Really? You think putting these two in the same room is a good idea?

Always trying to cause trouble!

#675 1 year ago

Id be a little unhappy with that work. First, there is a nick in the paint on the left top front of the cabinet (its there in some pics but not others...maybe it was fixed), as well as some sanding marks? Second, that playfield touch up looks really bad. Ive seen some of Neo's work first hand, and this is like amateur hour compared to his. Just saying.

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Odd there isn't proof of it. Also odd you would knowing that we agreed to $1850 do work for beyond the amount we agreed to unless you thought I would pay without thinking twice about it.
I guess that happens when you see someone younger than you with a nicer home, a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, three pinball machines, and whatever else you were drooling over.

Take the high road OP. Don't stoop to his level.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

There is no doubt the machine is beautiful. You should be sad because the end result is a direct reflection of how you conducted business. Especially the past 30 days. You have no one to point the finger at but yourself.

You go to Ruth's Chris steakhouse and order the NY Strip, it's 56 bucks. Would you like a bleu cheese crust sir? Oh yes I would! So you know it's an additional $5.95. is that good sir? Yes it is.

You asked him if he wanted bleu cheese, but never told him the price. That's on you, not the customer.

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really? You think putting these two in the same room is a good idea?
Always trying to cause trouble!

No I just wouldn’t trust the guy and I’d want to see his work before giving my buddy 2800 dollars to give to him. With that being said, he posted pics while I was writing my post and the game does look really nice.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

There is no doubt the machine is beautiful. You should be sad because the end result is a direct reflection of how you conducted business. Especially the past 30 days. You have no one to point the finger at but yourself.
You go to Ruth's Chris steakhouse and order the NY Strip, it's 56 bucks. Would you like a bleu cheese crust sir? Oh yes I would! So you know it's an additional $5.95. is that good sir? Yes it is.
You asked him if he wanted bleu cheese, but never told him the price. That's on you, not the customer.

Gross, what a way to ruin a good steak

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Gross, what a way to ruin a good steak

OMG, bleu cheese infused butter on a prime steak, frickin heaven!!!

#681 1 year ago

I didn't know bulldogs were status symbols? I'll have to pick one up and send in my application to get on Most Expensivest.

#682 1 year ago

Before pics

IMG_7367 (resized).JPG

IMG_7365 (resized).JPG

IMG_7366 (resized).JPG

IMG_7363 (resized).JPG

IMG_7364 (resized).JPG

IMG_7362 (resized).JPG

IMG_7375 (resized).JPG

IMG_7374 (resized).JPG

IMG_7368 (resized).JPG

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

OMG, bleu cheese infused butter on a prime steak, frickin heaven!!!

Unknown (resized).jpg

#684 1 year ago

Would love to crab Pismo Bob out of the hardware store and get some games in as well.

#685 1 year ago

Are you returning his $.50? Or was that taken off on the invoice?

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I didn't know bulldogs were status symbols? I'll have to pick one up and send in my application to get on Most Expensvest.

This one is. I'm not going to bore you guys with more pics though.

Ok one more.

tank (resized).jpg

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

There is no doubt the machine is beautiful.

Man I most be looking at the wrong pictures. Are you looking at the "Thousands" lettering at all?

#688 1 year ago

That chrome really makes it pop. It's a shame things went the way they did.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man I most be looking at the wrong pictures. Are you looking at the "Thousands" lettering at all?

Ball swirls ON the Playmate! One of the ONLY places ball swirls are probably wanted!

#690 1 year ago

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.

Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.

As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.

To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.

Regards,
Nate

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EXACTLY! Man, I thought maybe I was being picky. In that same pic, look at all the ball swirls that are still there, and the circles are anything but straight. Looks horrible to me.

#692 1 year ago

wow (resized).jpg

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Would love to crab Pismo Bob out of the hardware store and get some games in as well.

He closed his store awhile ago. Was/is he a collector?

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that.

I'll say for one that I don't think I know the whole story, but I DO know how your business partner conducted himself today.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Nate here. I'm Daniel's partner in Nifty LED and the repair side of the business, from which this all began. I'm sorry this has gotten so out of hand, and had a couple other things I'd like to clarify: The communication with the customer was there the whole time. It wasn't a sudden increase in price, it was just a sudden shock of all the things he agreed to as this went along. We've been completely transparent and whenever pricing was asked, we provided, honored and have been in contact. Before we took the machine, we told the customer that the wait time was going to be VERY long, simply because we had a lot of other machines in queue and changes in our lives were going to slow work even further. We finally got to his and started working on it. We like to take our time, to ensure a good job, and this one was no different.... it took a long time, just as we had told the customer up front. It's sometimes said, "The one who shoots first, is usually the one that wins the gun fight". Clearly, several pages of posts before we had a chance to say out side of the story made us look like the bad guy and we were too late to defend ourselves. Your minds had already been made up, and there's really no use beating a dead horse.
Besides all of this, it's so disheartening to see where this has gone. Daniel and I have a strong client base and if you know us, personally, or have shaken our hand at the shows, I'm sure you'd agree that the way we've been made out to look like is certainly not our character. The posting of the game on eBay was inappropriate and we have no excuses for it. We were seeking reimbursement for the time and parts we had put into the game. For that, we apologize for the lapse in judgement. After invoicing the customer, he eventually stopped communicating and we were left wondering what to do from there. We tried reaching out several times but there was radio silence from him.
As a side note, I fell in love with pinball several years ago and became a member of Pinside almost immediately (private acct) and have since been less active due to a busy schedule. So many people in our local pinball league have said what a toxic place Pinside has become and I've always tried to stay positive and see the good in people on this forum but unfortunately we have become the one which fingers are being pointed at. This hurts. I can't help but feel the same way as them and although Pinside is supposed to be a conduit for us as a place to learn, help each other it seems to have turned into something else. I'm sad that this place, the very thing that's supposed to HELP pinball, is one of the reasons I've begun to lose a lot of interest in pinball. The fun is gone here.
To those of you who have sent us PM's, text messages and have called us, we appreciate the support. To those of you who think you know the whole story and have condemned us, that's your decision based on an incomplete set of facts and we respect that. Feel free to reply if you wish, but we will not be responding to any more posts.
Regards,
Nate

What constant communication? Seriously?

I had to text and ask for updates how many times over 2+ years? How many times was I told the machine wouldn't be ready when I was told it would be ready?

I can't even believe you're trying this at this stage.

Where is all this 'we' talk coming from? I've never spoken to you and have no idea who you are.

This is just poor damage control from you as you see the self-inflicted wounds. Nobody forced Daniel to put my machine up for sale on multiple sites without so much as notifying me. Where was that communication?

Constant communication in your view is sending me an invoice and threat to pay a month after the fact? And after you try to sell it? What planet do you live on?

There is no invoice. None was sent until today. What radio silence? PROVE THIS. Show the texts as I did. Show where I didn't respond. Show where you notified me. Wow, you might be an even bigger POS.

If you're not having fun maybe because scamming people isn't a fun way to do business?

Nobody has sent you pm's or texts of support, get out of here with that nonsense. I have received plenty though...

#696 1 year ago

download (3) (resized).jpg

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Regards,
Nate

too late!

All we want to hear is that the OP got his game and is happy with it.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

This one is. I'm not going to bore you guys with more pics though.
Ok one more.

My apologies to His Holiness.

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My apologies to His Holiness.

Belly rub or two and all is forgiven.

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hi All,
Regards,
Nate

Cliff notes:

Our fault: Trying to sell the OP's machine out from under him.

Pinside and OP's fault: Everything else.

This thread is everything I love about Pinside. If the OP hadn't started this thread, his machine might have been sold. (Although for the price you were asking, probably not.

I noticed you didn't address the "OC Pinball Repair" fiasco. Conveniently, you won't be responding to any more posts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 1374 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside