4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Oh look what I just received. Anything suspicious about the time/date? An invoice AFTER he tried to put my game up for sale for not paying an invoice?
You can't make this stuff up at this point.

Oh nice, just keeps getting better. He is going to look like a real scumbag in court.

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

I'd still like to point out that OP has still not ever denied letting me proceed with the work even if cost wasnt mentioned..

Cool. You’re right. That means you can charge whatever you want. No it doesn’t!! You have no leg to stand on outside of the 2550 imo. I want this to go to small claims to see what a judge thinks.

Quoted from NiftyLED:

Did he really think chrome was free? LED displays are free? LEDs? Plastic set?

Of course not. That’s why he agreed to more than the original 1850. It’s your mistake that you didn’t communicate the cost of anything more than that. Not his.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

chrome was free?

Yeah, but after I started using it I found they were storing my personal browsing habits.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Where are you getting that figure? nowhere has he said he'd pay that

Your quotes come to $2550, you are legally allowed a 10% buffer without approval. That's $255. $2550 & $255 is $2805, what you are legally owed.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's literally what a coworker of mine told me just yesterday. And then I told him the whole story of what happened and he laughed and said I was still a sick bastard, but in this case, he understood why I thought it was fun. LOL

I know your type. My dad is that way, he loves that type of stuff.

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Great, where is the legal service of the mechanic's lien to Sticky? You have to have that to sell his property. You tried to sell his machine less than the legal 90 days, hell 3 weeks, you are fucked.

Even better how do I receive an invoice from 11/28 on 12/21?

Maybe the restore took so long because my pin is now a time machine?

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Your quotes come to $2550, you are legally allowed a 10% buffer without approval. That's $255. $2550 & $255 is $2805, what you are legally owed.

I'll do $2800 and $5 to chip in for a nice beer for you.

I really would like this guy to have to face justice though.

#558 6 years ago

NiftyLED you tried to sell a client's, aka, a fellow pinhead's restored game on eBay behind their back, because they didn't immediately pay what first came out of your mouth. What the hell is wrong with you...

What would have happened if a sale actually went through and the machine is in somebody else's basement at this point?

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You should've initially asked for $10k -- then you could've said "I came down $7k, you can come up $1k."

lol, exactly. A "deal" between the two of you should not be based on this arbitrary $4200 number you chose.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

NIFTY, you had better take it! You are legally screwed any other way.

#561 6 years ago

I'm loving how far deep this hole can go. I'm hoping NiftyLED sees China soon.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Um I denied it and posted the texts denying it. You just have poor reading comprehension. Anyone who spends the morning after being caught selling someone's machine creating an invoice after the fact has to have poor reading skills.

Thats a lie

"chrome would look great"

"yeah new posts, plastics pop bumpers"

"yeah id like that"

"ive waited that long, lets just do it"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#563 6 years ago

Give him his machine back [comment removed]

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm loving how far deep this hole can go. I'm hoping NiftyLED sees China soon.

He will be able to save on shipping of his LEDs then. Heyo!!!

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Where are you getting that figure? nowhere has he said he'd pay that

well, he's definitely said he'd pay the $2,550 he believes was agreed upon (see post's 1, 6, 19, 34, 36, 102, 297, 302, 456.. you get the point). for the life of me, i'll NEVER understand where your stubbornness tricked you into believing that getting the extra $1,650 you feel you deserve, made it worth it to destroy years of business down the road. maybe you can shed some light on that, just for my own curiosity. 'cuz i'll tell you right now, i've lost way more money, on way dumber shit, just to move on with my life and make more. and it's worked great, so far.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

If he doesn't take this, walk away, gather all evidence, including screens shots of your machine for sale and burn him in court for every penny you can get. He is fucked by trying to sell your machine.

#567 6 years ago

Honestly, to me it sounds like chrome or stainless is the same price from your messages. How would I know? As to the plastics, etc., he said "we discussed" which sounds like he already asked you for that and was in your original quote.

#568 6 years ago

Nifty, quit being ignorantly stupid, take the $2805, give him his machine and walk away.

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

'AS WE DISCUSSED.'

Why leave that part out? Oh, because we freaking discussed it when we agreed to the price. Why else would I say that?

I already posted all those texts. They show what I agreed to which adds up to $700 not an additional $2350.

Wow.

#570 6 years ago

Sticky , DO NOT PAY HIM until you have inspected the machine 1st and it works 100% as it should.

#571 6 years ago

1) I've never read a thread where I go to the next page, and there's already ANOTHER page of posts.
2) I've never had #1 happen twice in a row!
3) I've never been blocked from using additional downvotes so fast!

Quoted from Whysnow:

can someone please bring this to the attention of CGC and PPS so they know the LED supplier they are supporting.

4) I recommend everyone do the following...

CGC Message (resized).JPGCGC Message (resized).JPG

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

'AS WE DISCUSSED.'
Why leave that part out? Oh, because we freaking discussed it when we agreed to the price. Why else would I say that?
I already posted all those texts. They show what I agreed to which adds up to $700 not an additional $2350.
Wow.

Nowhere in our discussion did i agree to that!

#573 6 years ago

Never buying from NiftyLED again.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Nowhere in our discussion does it say that!

Nowhere in our discussion does it say what? That you are going to tack on an additional $2350 then try to sell my machine? Yep, agreed.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Nowhere in our discussion does it say that!

It says it right in the second text picture YOU posted!

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Thats a lie

"chrome would look great"

"yeah id like that"

"ive waited that long, lets just do it"

In the screenshots, it didn't show that there would be additional costs attached to those options. To me, it didn't sound like the choices offered would have had an explicit impact on price.

Later on, there were additional costs specifically stated for boards, which the customer agreed to and is willing to pay for.

#577 6 years ago

The thing I can't get over is how the restoration company didn't disclose any costs of the parts in actual dollar amounts on an invoice.

What king of business is this? Cooters Garage?

Any time I've ever seen restorations handled this way, even in other hobbies like automobile restorations, jukeboxes, motorcycles, etc. if the cost is NOT in writing, then the CUSTOMER supplies the parts to be used, and the restorer quotes mostly time and labor.

I REALLY have a hard time with the 2 and a half year time table. WTH??!? I've restored games in WEEKS after procuring all the parts.

#578 6 years ago

Also wasn't some of the machine pieces not chromed but only hand polished and stated in a facebook post it doesn't matter cause you cant tell the difference?? If he is paying for chrome, all of the pieces need to be chromed.

#579 6 years ago

Prices listed in the texts are $225 + $375 + $100 = 700

ALL OF WHICH I AGREED TO.

How does $700 turn into $2350 more for $4200?

How does this then turn into getting an invoice for $4200 a month later after my game was put up for sale?

#580 6 years ago

Offer is raised to $2805 and Nifty stirs the pot. Sticky replies. No closure, next round begins!

#581 6 years ago

This dude is a [comment removed].

I told you what I think about you Nifty in my PM to you. Give the dude back his machine and work out a REASONABLE price that doesn't include your extortion attempt.

-removed-

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

What king of business is this? Cooters Garage?

haha

#583 6 years ago

As soon as he posted it for sale without notifying the owner he lost any leg he had to stand on period.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Prices listed in the texts are $225 + $375 + $100 = 700
ALL OF WHICH I AGREED TO.
How does $700 turn into $2350 and $4200?

Did you honestly think a plastic set was free? LED displays are FREE? honestly? just tell me that and ill try to wrap my head around it

#585 6 years ago

I think the world would be a better place if it resolved all it's issues on pinside.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Did you honestly think a plastic set was free? LED displays are FREE? honestly? just tell me that and ill try to wrap my head around it

Manipulation.

Make it right [comment removed].

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the world would be a better place if it resolved all it's issues on pinside.

The Middle East crisis will be resolved before most spats on Pinside will be.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

"don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free."

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

No I know things cost money which is why we discussed all the things you could do and the cost in person when you took the machine. I just didn't realize you were a sociopath at the time.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Did you honestly think a plastic set was free? LED displays are FREE?

So what did the initial $2000, discounted to $1850 resto price ACTUALLY cover if it didn't include these pieces? Plactics are ~$300.00 and posts are dirt cheap

#591 6 years ago

This thread has killed all productivity for me today.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

What kind of business is this? Cooters Garage?

http://www.cootersgarage.com/ is available. That would at least clear up his URL issue.

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

"We discussed" implies that you already had agreed to it (you didnt correct him either). You said you had LED displays, but you didnt mention a price (but did about the boards). To me it seems like you had them and would throw them in.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

So what did the initial $2000, discounted to $1850 resto price ACTUALLY cover if it didn't include these pieces? Plactics are ~$300.00 and posts are dirt cheap

Cab repaint/repair and a shop out

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Just agree to the $2805, agree to a middle person insure the machine is complete as advertised and get on with life - BOTH of you...

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

http://www.cootersgarage.com/ is available. That would at least clear up his URL issue.

I spit my coffee at my monitor after seeing this post. You made my day. I can now start my Christmas break with a smile!

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

"We discussed" implies that you already had agreed to it (you didnt correct him either). You said you had LED displays, but you didnt mention a price (but did about the boards). To me it seems like you had them and would throw them in.

He only mentions price on things that are additional cost.

He also said I agreed to 'everything' without asking cost when I clearly ask about cost in the texts before saying we should do it.

I can't believe there are people like this in the world who would go to these lengths for a few bucks. It's insane.

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Just agree to the $2805, agree to a middle person insure the machine is complete as advertised and get on with life - BOTH of you...

Im fine with this - have op send a neutral 3rd party with cash to pick it up... im so done...

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You might think there is another side but here are the last texts. No response. Nothing. I tell him I'd like to work it out but that the price is way too high and I'm out of town this weekend so delivery was to be that next weekend. I was very reasonable all things considered.
He never said another word and listed it for sale. It's obvious what transpired. He never even asked if he could go over budget. Go look on the Instagram feed and he's making his own decisions as to what to do and not even asking me if it's ok! The only added items specified were the board and touch up which is $700 more.
He tried to take advantage of me after being a year and a half late and then tried to quickly sell it hoping to get $5k for my machine behind my back.

I had a similar situation with a local pinball repair shop last year. It wasn't over the price, but I was out in Washington state taking care of my mother who'd just had open heart surgery, and I get a letter saying I have seven days to pick up my machine or he was going to sell it. Since that time, I've done my part to direct pinball inquiries any direction except to him.

#600 6 years ago

I didn't know CGC uses these bulbs. Is this true?

I want to buy a Monster Bash LE if/when it releases. I don't want to support this guy.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 1,374 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orangecountypinballcom-daniel-buenrostro-tries-to-steal-my-machine/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.