Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B0DC4C3C-0DEA-4FDA-B5F7-CC6981836CFB (resized).jpeg
2D130C62-5FA4-4ED3-9B43-E713EAB71514 (resized).jpeg
2AC8A422-55F8-41CB-98D0-EB4A61FACBB7 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

The only way to level it out would probably be wet sanding. But with that, you would have to be very careful not to sand through the clear and get into your playfield paint.

It's definitely not from the factory like that. Someone has clear coated it at some point. It's usually caused by applying it too thick.

For the amount of work involved, along with the possibility of doing more damage, I'm with CrazyLevi on this one. Might be better off leaving it alone.

#11 4 years ago

I did not know that anyone made particle board playfields. Hopefully I never stumble into one. I have some games with particle board cabinets. They are bad enough. Wouldn't want to deal with a playfield made out of that stuff.

On the other hand. This one doesn't appear to have much paint loss or worn spots, so in normal lighting with the playfield glass on, you'll probably barely notice it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orange-peel-on-my-big-hit?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.