Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1EB58F3E-2010-4CC0-8E3C-2ECB07C3BE4B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

My rule of thumb is any offer at half price or less I ignore I and politely decline anything over that if it's not within the range I'm willing to let it go for.

Me too. Lowballers get no response. Let them wonder.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I just said, "I have $900 if your interested"

Poor grammar is another red flag. You're competing with other buyers. Every red flag makes it less likely the seller wants to deal with you.

The seller has created a target. A bull's-eye would be asking price, cash, can pick it up now, and clearly the buyer is intelligent and articulate, someone you want to have your address.
    The farther you are from the target the less likely you'll be the buyer.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t doubt that low offers rarely result in a sale. My point is, why not just respond and say no thanks?

Because a lowballer is just wasting my time and I'm not interested in communicating with anyone who isn't even close to the value I've placed on the game.
    If you're going to be a lowballer you're going to get ignored often. Not much of a drawback. Expecting a response is silly. You've invested a few seconds composing your lowball offer and the seller owes you nothing.

2 weeks later
    #205 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The real question is why people continue to make public posts here, week after week, detailing their failure to buy things.

Because there are people new to buying and selling all the time. They lack experience. They haven't seen it a thousand times. They post, get educated, never repeat that mistake, then go on to live a long, prosperous, stress-free life thanks to the power of Pinside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/or-best-offer-what-s-the-point?tu=YeOldPinPlayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.