Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1EB58F3E-2010-4CC0-8E3C-2ECB07C3BE4B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 5 years ago

This thread shows OBO doesn't mean the same thing for everybody. To me, it means the seller is willing to negotiate.

I know I risk insulting a seller if I make a very low offer. Worse than no response, it could potentially cut off any future negotiation, even if I was willing to pay the full asking price.

As others have said, best to show interest without discussing money to get an idea of where the seller stands and show him you're serious about the game.

If somebody gives me a low ball offer with no discussion, the first thing I think is he's a flipper.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Boy I think you guys take this pinball thing way too serious.

Quoted from timab2000:

If anyone needs thicker skin it the sellers. Not the buyers

Uh...who started this thread?

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Actually now that I think about it..............there was a post about a seller who you guys just slammed for the price, and how he describe the game. So in all fairness I guess that sometime the sellers do get some abuse too.

Sellers are always getting slammed for absurd prices around here. If the seller of the Silverball Mania was asking $3299 because the game only had 600 plays in the last 12 years, he might be getting slammed too.

IMO, that SBM was in really good condition compared to how they normally are, so $1500 with cabinet stencils wasn't out of line. That make's your $900 offer too low, and the wording of your offer left "no response" as an option without the seller being rude.

The choices are not either "offer full price" or "any offer is good and should be responded to." There are grey areas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/or-best-offer-what-s-the-point?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.