(Topic ID: 131921)

Optos in general. Ok to clean in the ultra-sonic ?

By Flippermatt

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by algrande
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippermatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Will they break, the transmitters and receivers ? Or do they hold up fine after a bath ?

Thanks
    Matt

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from GLModular:

Probably won't hurt them, but it's really the wrong way to clean electronics.
    I generally use a Simple Green solution, scrub with old toothbrushes, rinse thoroughly with hot water and then let dry for about 24 hours before use.

What is the "right" way to clean Electronics then ? If you rinse yours with water wouldn't that pretty much be the same as an ultra-sonic bath ? I throw all kinds of circuit boards in the Sonic that will fit and never had an issue. I just wanted to know if optos were more delicate.
    Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippermatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/optos-in-general-ok-to-clean-in-the-ultra-sonic?tu=Flippermatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.