3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jabdoa
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Underwood5853.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm in the early stages of making a pinball machine and I ran into a few problems trying to set up the ball trough. The ball trough uses opto switches and the transmitters work fine but the receivers don't work. The documentation says that it runs off of 1.7 volts. This would be fine, but the switch board only outputs 12 volts. The only solution I have thought to try is voltage dividing down to 1.7 volts. But before I go down that path I wanted to see if anyone else had a better solution or had the same problems?

#3 3 years ago

zacaj I'm using Spooky Pinball Ball Trough Transmitter and Receiver PCB set
    https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-ball-trough-transmitter-and-receiver-pcb-set.html
    ^
    The specs I was given are here

#6 3 years ago

OK so I've finally figured out the problem. I was able to check that the transmitters were working with my phone camera. So you were right the 1.7 forward voltage was for the the transmitters only. I was able to make it work by just connecting the receivers directly to the switch board. When I had tried this before I had coded the switch addresses wrong. Thanks for the help everyone

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Underwood5853.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opto-board-recievers-voltage?tu=Underwood5853 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.