View topic image gallery

Cyan Comparison.JPG
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
image-998.jpg
image.jpg
cometpinball.jpg
IMG_0647.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

Holy crap, are they gonna melt the plastic? heh.

#8 10 years ago

But the real question is: Do they fit in Gottlieb wedgehead light boards.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, with the only confusing difference that overseas has Super-Flux and Super Flux plus. These are the "Plus version" The general Ultimate Optix Line, which will have singles, flexes, double flexes, and color changing, is manufactured by the same factory as (PINBALLCENTER) distibutes. (PDI) is using a German Factory, with a higher price point and higher quality marketing. The Super Flux bulbs are an interesting new addition, and I am pleased to have negotiated a deal to distribute them here in the US, and save everyone some money. They should be available either tomorrow or Monday on the website, and their will be a formal introduction thread, along with a few surprises...including a neat sale for pinsiders....

Jesus christ... I don't know why you're pussyfooting around this, but it sure is annoying! For anyone that's missing the obvious, what he's REALLY saying is edited in above...

They're the same as "NoFlix" and "Optiflux", just through a different supplier, and with a new lamp style to choose from. Frag.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I got one of these from Art to test. It is BRIGHT! It would be too bright for a lot of places. I'd like to see it in the back of an STTNG or DM or another game with many levels in a dark back corner where the GI gets lost.

Aw man, don't tell me that. No way I'm gonna tear down STTNG to get to a few bulbs lol.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I believe the retros, especially some of the frosted, will be perfect for older EMs.

I have yet to find a warm white bulb that will fit in most EM lightboards. =\

#73 10 years ago

Unfortunately, I sold all my EM's, otherwise I'd love to assist with that. My wife had a lead on a free EM for us, I've got to ask her about that. Basically, if there's ANY plastic extension outside the metal body of a normal 44-type socket, they will NOT fit in Gottlieb wedgehead lightboard applications at all, from my experience. They have to have the same profile as an incandescent. Like you'd need the lens glued to the inside of the metal body instead of having a ring along the outside that it attaches to.

#75 10 years ago

Sweet. I don't plan on staying out of EM's forever...just for the moment. Just gotta find a real keeper one instead of "what's available"

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Hey Art... I got my Stargate today (woo hoo!) so I'll be shopping it out soon and needing LEDs for it. I've got an EM and will be happy to test anything on it to show everyone, if you want to send me a some retro bulbs when I order. I've got to figure out what I need and it's been a long last 2 days, so it may be a couple of days for me to get it figured out.

Stargate looks amazing with warm white frosted GI. Just saying.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I may have misunderstood Frax's question, but I thought he was asking about whether the diameter of the bulb might make it tough to fit in certain locations. I tried it in the backbox since it was easily accessible.

Yeah, I was talking about ANY LED bulb though, not just the Op-Max.

If my 'freebie' EM ever shows up, gonna try some of the ones recommended above!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/optix-maximus-op-max-bulbs-are-amazing?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.