Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kursiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My FireBall II upper flipper has 3 stand up targets that are very close to it. Finally broke a plastic because of this. The impact is way too strong. Looking to tame it down, the easy way?? What are my options ? I have considered a smaller flipper there........

#2 7 years ago

I would consider a weaker coil. I would think you could talk to steve young at pinball resource about this and order one from him.

#3 7 years ago

Install a weaker wound coil.

#4 7 years ago

You can bend the EOS so that it opens sooner. On Meteor, Stern used a cement resistor in-line to reduce power of the upper flipper.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies. A weaker coil would have more windings of wire? Know of a good substitute ?

#6 7 years ago

What's on there now? I'm guessing a AQ25-500/34-5050 is what you're looking for.

#7 7 years ago

I'll see what's in there. I think it may be factory...........

#8 7 years ago

Put the coil Pat used for the upper flipper on RCT. That one seemed weak enough...

...or was that Ripley's?...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

What's on there now? I'm guessing a AQ25-500/34-5050 is what you're looking for.

Sorry, the first code should be AQ25-600 not 500. The second isn't as important and may something like 34- 4000.

#10 7 years ago

The 30-second attempt to fix it is to make the EOS switch gap larger than it is now, so it opens earlier. If you go too far with this you'll get chatter, however -- it's a no-part-required attempt though. This reason this works is that when the switch opens the coil is running on hold power (which is a fraction of the "flip" power); if you go too far the flux between the plunger and coil stop will be too weak when the switch opens and thus you will get chatter.

If that doesn't do it then as noted a weaker coil is the correct solution. See what's in there now and we can make some suggestions; you want a smaller gauge (larger number) and more turns than what you have now.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

I have considered a smaller flipper there........

I have had a smaller flipper installed for years and prefer gameplay that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/options-to-weaken-3rd-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.