Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_00000270.jpg
    image-614.jpg
    image-829.jpg
    image-486.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am looking for someone who can do a high quality clear coat job in the Bay Area. Any tips?

#4 10 years ago

Are we talking glass like?

#7 10 years ago

Yes, agreed. Thanks a lot for the information.

1 week later
    #10 10 years ago

Boogies,

Beautiful, just beautiful. This settles the question about Bobcat Gary. The other advantage is that I will not need to take all the below playfield apart.

Hi Pinwillie,

What I need now is to take the playfield apart. That's an entirely new project for which I am going to build a rotisserie first. It took me forever to shop a machine before and I want to see how much easier it is to do it with the playfield out and easy to access.

Thanks so much for the information.

#13 10 years ago

I actually never did this kind of voting before, but I will now going forward. Good way to identify useful information.

3 months later
    #15 10 years ago

I dropped my playfield at Gary's yesterday. I really like him and I have a good feeling about how it is going to come out. I will post pics when I get it back.

2 weeks later
    #18 10 years ago

Some astute pinsiders correctly identified a recent craigslist post as Gary notifying me that my playfields were ready. He had lost my number, but luckily not my playfields.

We should know within a week what the end result looks like. Stay tuned.

#19 10 years ago

The pics are not great but the results are glass like.
    Ten coats of clear with a lot of sanding in between. The playfield is better than new. Far better.

Beautiful results. Gary's the guy.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image-486.jpgimage-486.jpg
    image-829.jpgimage-829.jpg
    image-614.jpgimage-614.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Another one of the mini playfield that shows the super high gloss.

IMG_00000270.jpgIMG_00000270.jpg
    4 years later
    #23 5 years ago

Gary said he was using the same clear high-end German Auto makers use.
    Honestly, as long as you use a good product, I don't think it matters as much as how you prep the playfield, shoot the clear, polish it and sand it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/options-to-clear-a-playfield-in-the-bay-area?tu=lb1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.