(Topic ID: 253129)

Options for repairing a single Jones pin?

By Boise_D

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Boise_D
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Molex (resized).jpg
Jones Plug Repair (Male) (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

The male pin #30 is missing from a Capt. Fantastic I just got today. Only the wire is there. The connector has 22 pins total. Is there a way to repair just this one pin or do I start looking for a 22 plug replacement? Of course, this pin controls all of the backbox lights.

#4 4 years ago

I didn’t know Jones plugs sometimes had extra unused pins. I’ll look. And I do have some Molex pins that might work. Thank you. Any advice for mounting or attaching it back onto the board?

#8 4 years ago

Well whaddaya know? There is an unused pin on the same Jones plug. I would use that as my replacement, but how do I work it out without destroying the plug? That copper tube trick also looks feasible.

#10 4 years ago

Hi Mark,
This is an excellent idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
Dwayne

#12 4 years ago

I successfully moved both female and male wires to another unused plug. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/options-for-repairing-a-single-jones-pin?tu=Boise_D and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.