Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Good idea or bad idea?”

• Sounds like a good idea. 17 votes
      100%
    • Waste of time dont want to bother. 0 votes

(17 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside.JPG
    Pinside_EM_1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Robin is possibly going to create more sub -forums for the Em `s. (among others)
    Would anyone mind if there were say a few within here say along the lines of :
    EM Schematic/manuals/part# `s reference (somewhere to save machine info)- section
    An Em `s for sale - section
    EM Restoration techniques (painting ,clearcoating ,backglass,general cosmetic, ect.... section
    EM Mechanical reference (coil,flippers,score reels, score motors, pop bumpers ,ect.... sticky section
    Need repair help .... section
    Maybe color code the sections.

Feel free to add more input on anything that you think can improve the Em forum.

***** EDIT*****

Being EM `s are unique you can customize it to suit the EM hangout forum.:
    What I have seen and added was an EM marketplace section which would contain anything EM related for sale/wanted/trade whether parts or whole machines.

Anything to tweak this Please add remarks as there were some good ideas I read within but how to change it without confusion or getting redundant on certain topic postings could be an issue.

Posted a page interpretation of possible color coding or just a different sub-section to classify it.

Post edited by Pin-it : Added content

#2 11 years ago

Those are all excellent ideas.

#3 11 years ago

Wonderful!

#4 11 years ago

Agree. Great idea.

Like a Forum for cars you can go to specifics sections for specific issues.

I used to help moderate one.

I'm not sure how your forum works, but that one posted all new questions on the main page even though they are associated with the sub forum.

That way everyone sees the new stuff and after a while it is only found in the sub areas.

And moderators can make certain ones Sticky (like answers) that will stay on the top of the sub area.

Hope this helps.

#5 11 years ago

Perfect.

#6 11 years ago

remember the main page layout would be the same 'forum'
    the sub forums are a way to help find posts by topics & sub divisions,
    everyone here remembers before we had the EM hangout
    what a chore it was to go back 3 -4 pages to find a topic that you wanted to see.
    So as the increase in users and amount of topics/post push a 24 hr day 2 pages back
    we can expect this increase or even double in a year or less.

#7 11 years ago

EM's for sale EMFS:, EM's for trade EMFT:, EM's wanted EMWTB:

#8 11 years ago

IIBAEMMWGKM sub forum? (if I buy another EM my wife's gonna kill me)

#9 11 years ago

Hoov has a good point-
    There are very, very few EM listings on the general 'Marketplace' section (or the forums marketplace) I actually see more EMs for sale on that 'other' site!

#10 11 years ago

all suggestions so far sound good to this new member...

from a selfish perspective, i know having all the em "fix it" posts grouped together would be helpful for people trying to put together a generic knowledge base... when i was in the process of convincing myself that i could really fix one if it broke, i consumed virtually every post i could find (here and on other sites) that had any type of em question or technical knowledge in it...

the online guides/TOP dvd's are teaching me "how" to fix things... but reading questions/answers (and old war stories ), is teaching me "how to find what to fix"... you can get tons of "experience" simply by reading answers to questions... having them all in one spot would have saved me a ton of googling...

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

EM's for sale EMFS:, EM's for trade EMFT:, EM's wanted EMWTB:

+1 on that. It probably won't increase the number posted here, but it sure would make 'em a lot easier to find

#12 11 years ago

Sounds like a good idea to me with the different categories already mentioned.

It will definitely make more work for the moderators as they will have more sub forums to sort through to make sure posts are in the right place. The question is this going to be a PITA for them and is it manageable? If they are good to go then lets do it.

Moderators your thoughts please.

Ken

#13 11 years ago

Well I dont think it's any more work
    just another option to where a topic/post will be placed
    unless someone gets trigger happy and has to have a post in every sub topic all the time,
    but volume will always be volume or how much is posted on a 24 hr day.

#14 11 years ago

Good idea! Would be happy to see that.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Haha Yep.

#16 11 years ago

Great idea

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

I knew what that was before the parenthesises-seses. Also sure I wasn't alone. A sub forum could be IIBAEMMWIGMMSOTC.

DaN

#18 11 years ago

Fabulous idea!

#19 11 years ago

EM parts that Pinside members have spares, or can fabricate them. These are items that can no longer be bought online.

#21 11 years ago

Updated Version. Read and add more ? or less? Input on what could improve it or if you feel something is omitted by all means leave a comment.(good or bad)
    Dont squint click on the picture/post.(easier to read)

Pinside_EM_1.jpgPinside_EM_1.jpg

#22 11 years ago

That looks good to me Pin-it, not too many but enough. As long as you could still post to the top level EM Hangout for stuff that does not necessarily fit into any of the other categories.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

I knew what that was before the parenthesises-seses. Also sure I wasn't alone. A sub forum could be IIBAEMMWIGMMSOTC.

Guess that would have to be above IIBAEMMWGKM in the hierarchy since SOTC would probably occur 1 or machines before being KILLED

#23 11 years ago

More

Could be color coded? or plain text with check box? to separate the sub categories.
    I am not a software/IT engineer so dont ask me how they do it.

Pinside.JPGPinside.JPG

#24 11 years ago

Looks good!

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Could be color coded? or plain text with check box? to separate the sub categories.

Looks good so far color coded or not.

Ken

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opportunity-for-ems-on-sub-forum-input and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.