Oppinions on Sharkey's Shootout

By pinballkim

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What are everyone's thoughts on Sharkey's Shootout? I have a chance to get one and the reviews are pretty mixed so I just wanted to get some opinions. My Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

I have played it a few times and it is pretty fun. I'd take it if I were you. People like us who live in the middle of nowhere cannot be overly picky because our pin selection is very bad.

#3 11 years ago

It is pretty fun, but the one I had felt very cheap. So I guess I am impartial.
--Scott

#4 11 years ago

It's like an updated Eight Ball Deluxe IMO. The layout is heavily influenced by EBD, if not exactly the same in a lot of ways -- but contains all the modes, bells and whistles of 2001. Right out of the gate, that's either going to be a plus or minus in your book. I dig it and definitely enjoy playing it when I see one, but I'm not falling over myself to find or play one again either.

1 year later
#6 10 years ago

It's a fun game.

#7 10 years ago

Some of the call outs get kinda of old, but it's a pretty good game. The kick out hole near the pops gets a ton of action, probably a little too much. Look for wear above the bottom left pop bumper.

It also has a pretty cool feature in the outlane pop up posts and the big pop up post between the flippers. It has an extra button below the flipper buttons that allow you to trigger the pop ups and save the ball from draining. Not always available, but challenging and fun to use effectively.

I would pick it up for under 1500, but would expect it to be in pretty nice shape for that price.

#8 10 years ago

Get it . it`s a nice machine .

#9 10 years ago

Ummm...thread is from a year ago.

#10 10 years ago

Oops you`re right . Probably he has got the machine bought already . Sorry

1 month later
#11 10 years ago

Just picked up my Sharkey's and the family and I are loving it...need to find a cliffy protector for the kick out hole, anyone know who may sell these? can I just use an Addams chair cliffy as it looks pretty similar?

4 years later
#12 6 years ago

I think it's a very fun game and for anyone of any skill level. Great pin for the casual player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oppinions-on-sharkeys-shootout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.