4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by djblouw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I'm looking for opinions on what a fair charge rate or overall labor cost would be to restore specifically an Addams Family to like new condition to put back out on route. If an operator already owns the base TAF machine and would like to have a new playfield and cabinet art installed and is willing to pay for the parts, what would be a fair way to charge for the labor? Hourly or should I quote a total price and hold to that. I’m looking for opinions on what would be fair for both of us. The restoration level would be what I would call “good enough for a route machine”. And what I mean by that is I want the game to look and play like new, but this will not be a HEP restoration as it will go back out on route and get beat up again. So for example with the cabinet art, I’d clean the cabinet enough to apply new decals so the result is that the machine looks clean. It won’t have the flatness of a cut and polished clear coat…it will be “good enough for route.” So give me your opinions people, they will be greatly appreciated.

Cabinet - bondo/putty the damage, sand smooth rattle can it black and then throw on a set of Mirco Rad Cals. Cheaper and quicker than doing decals. ~$350
Playfield - both Mirco and CPR playfields have their issues. To purchase a new PF and have someone swap it all over for you is easily going to run you ~ $2400+.
You'll need to freshen up all the mechanicals under the playfield (basic maintenance items) which will easily run a couple hundred.
TAF ramps are usually crap - so add another $300+

So making round numbers you're looking at spending an additional $3300 on it ON TOP of your machines purchase price.
Save yourself the headache and just buy a "turn key" one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 180.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-wantedtaf-restoration-for-route?tu=CLEllison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.