New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 114289)

Opinions wanted...LED's for GI on BSD

By Blenderhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Blenderhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20141002_174744.jpg
20141002_174611.jpg
20141002_174600.jpg
20140930_024823.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I usually don't like colored LED's for GI on my games....fine for feature inserts, just not a fan for GI. I'm considering an exception for my BSD. I'm also considering the "Blue Moon" mods... blue skirts and pop bumper caps, blue lane guides and all blue posts...what do you guys think??

#2 5 years ago

Looks Pretty cool....It can be a little hard to see.

The pictures in Blue Moon are 1 SMD 5050, available from PBB, PBL, CT, and me, Comet.

Other choices for this color include using ICE BLUE in 5050 or Op-Max (Comet), or Twin 2835, (CT & Comet)

Single Bulbs, LED Rings, (PBL & Comet), and the newer LED boards for Pops are cool.
With the rings, Blue on Blue, or Blue Top, White Bottom, to keep art work and visible light.

Your Main concern would be any difficulty seeing the Ball, when all the lights are out.

Of course, a Great Kit exists from PBB, as well as CT.

A link for those who have not seen the Blue Moon site:

http://www.pincrush.com/dracula-blue-moon-conversion.html

Also UV is really neat on this, and we will be releasing UV strips in 6.3V this week, as well as Super Flux UV finally coming back in stock.

#3 5 years ago

blue is cool but I think its to much I used blue at bottom to purple in middle to a few pink then red In the back and I have know issues seeing the ball . I wanna mention I used the blue 5 smd towers so there is a great spread of light where u need to see the ball the most 20140930_024823.jpg

#4 5 years ago

I like it. There are a few games that IMO always lacked proper GI. Usually I'm a fan of a frosted white soft LED... but if it fits the theme (like here), go ahead, use some colored stuff. I like the above pic... but you will sacrifice the colors of the play field.

#5 5 years ago

Most the play field is blue its hard to get pic of leds but it looks nice in person and very erie and you can see well . I just basically color matched the plastics .20141002_174744.jpg20141002_174611.jpg20141002_174600.jpg

#6 5 years ago

I would like to see what ICE blue looks like in the GI on BSD. Anyone have pics?

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback.... I like the idea of color matching the plastics and trying out some different kinds. I have never used the "blue ice" before and some of the other types. I'm gonna just order some and experiment

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside