20170325_112802 (resized).jpg
20170325_112758 (resized).jpg
20170323_230327 (resized).jpg
IMG_2385 (resized).PNG
IMG_2384 (resized).JPG
Play field (resized).jpg
side cabinet (resized).jpg
Back Glass (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I have a couple Flippers in Wedge Head cabs. One is pretty nice, the other pretty rough.
Also have a 1960 Williams Jungle in a reverse Wedge Head. Not sure what
cab. it is, but the colors match perfectly with the glass and playfield and I actually think it
may look better than if it were in it's original cabinet..

My brother has a Williams "Skill Ball" (with an "Add-A-Ball" repro backglass) in a Williams "King Pin" cabinet. I've thought of making a woodrail version of a wedgehead game. Would love to do "Kings & Queens" in a woodrail cabinet with daisy bumper caps. "Square Head" and "Sweet Hearts" would look good as woodrails as well.
As for your game, I'd paint the existing cabinet white for now, and try to find the appropriate style woodrail cabinet for it down the road.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I have one of those Add-a-Ball repro glasses for my Skill Ball. I think only 12 repros were made and some guys
convinced him to make it Add a Ball, but I kinda wish it was Skill Ball.
Are you talking about the Jungle? The Jungle's original cab. was that odd style that Williams made for 1 year. I
have another Williams game (1960 Black Jack) that has that same style cabinet. I don't have any pics of the Cabinet
that the Jungle's in, but after checking out the database, it looks much better than Jungle's original cabinet..
Once better weather comes around, I'll keep in mind to take a pic of the Reverse Wedge head that Jungles in, and
maybe someone can identify it, but I will say, the Jungle really does look nice it it..

I'll bet your "Jungle" is in a "Skill Pool" cabinet. Just a hunch.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How is Black Jack as far as a player? Looks similar to 21. It and Lady Luck are both amazing games, trying to get a good hand and beat the dealer.

"Black Jack", "21", and "Club House" are all fairly similar games.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

and if you check out Jungle on the database, the colors look almost not original as
someone had painted it. Easy to create, but very plain.

Yes, that whole "styling of the sixties" series had cabinets with one solid color plus white, with silver spatter. Very easy to repaint. Each game has it's own different solid color. "Jungle" has green, "Darts" has navy blue, "Black Jack" is pink, "Highways" is brown, etc.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I once saw a Flipper in a wedgehead cab.
I have a couple Flippers in Wedge Head cabs. One is pretty nice, the other pretty rough.

Woodrail versions of "Flipper" are, of course, the rare exception. Wedgehead versions are much more common.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Earlier tonight while doing some sorting trying to get to a bowler, I spotted a machine that I now remember getting
years back. Williams "Top Hand". Could use a backglass, but the playfield looks okay. After looking it up on the
database, the couple that rated it both gave it a good one and it too is a game which you try and get a better hand than
the dealer. Nice looking Western theme. Maybe worth putting a little time into..

It's a good player. I had the replay version called "Full House". The backglasses on these are often shot.
If your big center plastic does not have cracked or broken corners, that's a rarity too. Most are broken.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

This is at Texas Pinball Festival

That's sher purty!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-wanted-to-woodrail-or-not-to-woodrail?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.