(Topic ID: 47340)

Opinions Wanted: AC/DC Premium vs Hulk LE

By Chambahz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

I have them side by side and I love them both. I don't think ACDC is made any better than AVLE. The quality is similar IMO. Gameplay is polar opposite, but each have their appeal. ACDC is an in your face game with an incredible light show and awesome rules. AVLE is unlike any pin I've ever played. Harder shots. Addictive and fun but way more understated. Awesome lightshow but totally different. I think time will reward AvLE. It's way more of an acquired taste than ACDC, Which easy to like and has already taken its place among the greats. I think AVLE will ultimately be recognized for being a great pin in its own right. I honestly think AV is too hard for some people, that don't like being humbled time and time again by hard, narrow shots AS WELL as speedy outlanes drains that you have no control over.

#21 11 years ago

In my earlier post I should have added that for me it took alot longer to adapt and enjoy AV than it did ACDC. Took me days to sink into AVLE. You are not going to play it 10 or 20 times and figure it out, or hit the shots get into the vibe (or rules for that matter).

I am not saying that you're not "right" if you like ACDC more...I'm just saying that akin to Tron (which took many many months for people to appreciate) and SM and IM which took YEARS to catch on, AV may require that kind of investment in attention and time.

#30 11 years ago

Nothing wrong with keeping ACDC. I'm so glad I have it. Loving the rules!

I will say, that Lyman Sheats is the SHEAT(!!!) when it comes to rules. Love Keith too (played him head to head in a grouping a Pinburgh!)...but Lyman's stuff lately is just incredible. And the way he keeps going and going with his development of the game. Three cheers to Lyman!

#31 11 years ago

Lyman's girlfriend is also totally cool. And a great pinball player too! She handed my butt to me more than once in the NYPL.

#35 11 years ago

It's a fair trade. LE for a common title? Come on.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's all relative. TZ is common but I don't think anyone would trade one for my Avatar LE lol

I might. But not because of its "limited quality"...I'd do it because Avatar is a hella cool game.

However, there may well come a time when Avatar LE could indeed be worth more than a TZ in nice condition , for that very reason. This era of valuation is not a predictor of the next era of valuation.

#74 11 years ago

Eggbert, does the extra saucer plastic go right up against the existing, making it thicker? Or is it supposed to hang lower...creating a third level of plastic?

#100 11 years ago

Yawn. More TF bashing by a SoCal CJ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-wanted-acdc-premium-vs-hulk-le?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.