(Topic ID: 47340)

Opinions Wanted: AC/DC Premium vs Hulk LE

By Chambahz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

I'd say value wise they are the opposite with AC/DC Premium being worth more in today's market. They may be closer to a straight up at the moment if not having AC/DC Prem being a bit higher.

This one's going to be stricktly personal choice but this thread will be heavly one sided towards AC/DC on the post count.

I'm going to be in the minority on this forum by a LONG shot but I prefer my AV pro over my AC/DC Prem. Don't get me wrong. I think AC/DC is a great pin but after a week of having mine I've already gotten tired of just trying to score ___.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Saucer is fine? Have you played a game where the saucer works the way it should? I don't hate everything. There are plenty of things I rave about. Things I like are awesome. Things I don't suck. It's the way it is. I'm vocal about both sides of the spectrum equally.

Was the one you played on route? I ask because most of your issues you ran into sound like a poorly set up machine. You know I love TFLE but the saucer in AV works as designed 10 times better. Even with the dead foam I still get about 10-15% bounce outs on my TF but in about 100 games on AV my wife and I have experienced 2 (maybe) 3 bounce outs.

The hulk I'll give you but that can be easily fixed with a code update. I'm actually considering taking the arms off to see if you can mount the rotated up a tad. If so problem solved.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've played them at shows. Marco's booth at MPE. Played the PAPA one a lot setup for tournament. For AV I was getting 80-90% bounce outs. All 4 machines I played, the plunger wouldn't worth worth a crap, and would only get to the top from a plunger smack. (4 machines in 3 different shows). Double ball kick outs on 2 of them. All 4 were screwed with perma stuck ball under hulks left side arm, if it snuck back there.

Well that just sucks and explains a lot on why you didn't enjoy it. Wierd part is my first experience with AV was at the Marco booth at TPF. Hulk was an issue but on there 4 machines there I don't recall seeing a lot of bounce outs. I know I didn't have any on the 20ish games I played on them. Maybe it just was calling out to me though and playing nice for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-wanted-acdc-premium-vs-hulk-le?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.