4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8C361DF2-D06A-45E6-9F1B-53D8A3163D0D.jpeg
    9DF390B5-0596-4242-85CD-6DE982302CB7.jpeg
    DD1900FD-2758-45D3-AD6A-605E8A6AE91F.jpeg
    550B5075-1C35-459E-BD0C-89473D315DB3.jpeg
    20170729_201733 (resized).jpg
    D1E8E0D8-C91B-4346-92E1-CAFE3FDFBEC8 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    DSC00077 (resized).JPG

#1 4 months ago

Hi All,
    I have a mint Flash Gordon and my local Comic Con is getting two of the actors (Sam Jones and Melody Anderson). At first I was thinking about getting a part signed (apron??) but then thought do I want to blemish this practically perfect game with autographs? Yeah probably boils down to personal preference but there was just that something in the back of my brain questioning if this was a good idea...
    Thanks for the input!

#2 4 months ago

Rules Card or card insert only. Unless it's Brian Eddy or George Gomez, then they can sign wherever they want.

#3 4 months ago

I like how on the JJP games, Jersey Jack signs the translite edge... You can notice it but doesnt get in the way...

#4 4 months ago

He signed the back of my Dialed In.

LTG : )

DSC00077 (resized).JPG
    #5 4 months ago

Don't bother, adds nothing. I have a couple translites signed on my pins from previous owners and nobody cares, and it adds zero value.

#6 4 months ago

I love that! too bad it's on the back Joe Balcer has signed the games I own which he's designed (Hobbit, Houdini, OKT). HE signed like where Jack does -in the corner so it doesn't obstruct the game. But really - have them sign wherever you want (I don't think the apron is the worst idea), but you should DEFINITELY protect it! Spray with clearcoat, regardless of whether it's the apron or a pricing card...

#7 4 months ago

I think it’s total nonsense and looks like messy scribble.

#8 4 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Rules Card or card insert only. Unless it's Brian Eddy or George Gomez, then they can sign wherever they want.

When I was getting signatures at TPF, I went with the service manuals. No one else will see it, of course, but I figured it's just for my own amusement anyway (Steve Ritchie did comment on how flimsy the Star Wars manual seemed while he was signing it, which was pretty funny).

#9 4 months ago

A friend of mine had his NOS KISS playfield signed by the band... ugh what a mess!

Capture (resized).JPG
    #10 4 months ago

Please dont write on my games, thank you...

#11 4 months ago

Been discussed before and I think general consensus was that it doesn’t add any value. Does it subtract value? Possibly, in the wrong place. If it means something to you, the rule cards are probably the best option if you’re concerned about losing a little value. Plus they are super portable/non breakable as opposed to about every other potential part you could get signed

#12 4 months ago

it is your game, get it signed
    it wont improve the value, but its cool

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

it is your game, get it signed
    it wont improve the value, but its cool

Agreed. I wouldn't pay for it, and I'd personally rather have the gams signed by someone involved with the game as opposed to the theme, but if you like it go for it. I didnt realize my JD translite was signed by the artist when I bought it. I wouldn't have paid more for it but I think it's a cool touch.

#14 4 months ago

Pointless but if it floats your boat, go for it.

#15 4 months ago

I’d rather have them sign the flyer or the apron cards.

#16 4 months ago

Yes, as long as it’s removable..
    D1E8E0D8-C91B-4346-92E1-CAFE3FDFBEC8 (resized).jpeg

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Been discussed before and I think general consensus was that it doesn’t add any value.

Very true.

For me. The value is in it's the guys I work with. Special to me.

Won't mean anything to the next person.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I love that! too bad it's on the back

The backs of my front row are visible to the customers. All my JJP games have autographs on them except Willy.

LTG : )

#18 4 months ago

Agree with the general sentiments but if a real A-list star - say an Arnold, a Spielberg, a Mick Jagger, a Stallone or a Harrison Ford - wanted to sign one of their themed games, I'd pretty much let them do it anywhere.

Designers and artists, I'd stick with easily replaceable stuff like translites or instruction cards.

#19 4 months ago

Cassandra peterson can sign wherever she wants. Wherever.

#20 4 months ago

John Borg signed my Metallica.

20170729_201733 (resized).jpg
    #21 4 months ago

Thanks all for the input, much appreciated!

#22 4 months ago

I have a few signed on the underside of the cabinet.

#23 4 months ago

i had a gottlieb incredible hulk and had Lou Ferrigino Autograph on of the plastics......mu current Superman has Steve Ritchie autograph on the left return lane plastic

#24 4 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I have a few signed on the underside of the cabinet.

I had Dirty Donnie sign the underbelly of my METLE. I didn’t know there were others out there lol

#25 4 months ago

I get game flyers and have them sign those, then frame them on the wall. Looks good, tells a story, and doesn't look like shit on my games.

#26 4 months ago
    Quoted from woz:

A friend of mine had his NOS KISS playfield signed by the band... ugh what a mess![quoted image]

I agree they would only add value to someone who cared. Having Tommy and Eric sign probably dropped the value.

#27 4 months ago

It's your game. do what you want.
    Now; if you're looking for increasing value due to autographs; I wouldn't.

That said; I have full cast autographs on my STNG and DEST... but I did this for ME... as I don't intend to sell mine.

#28 4 months ago

Game cards and translights!! Unless
    Game comes signed on LE Stern Models.

#29 4 months ago

Cool story, but adds no value. I would recommend getting an apron card or flyer signed instead.

#30 4 months ago

I always found it funny how "Dr. Scott" would bring an artist's box full of translights to Expo and pull them out for the autograph session so he could put them back on his games at the shop to squeeze out extra cash for them.

#31 4 months ago

My Safecracker has the translite signed by Pat Lawlor, he doesn't sign a lot so I think it's kind of cool, but I doubt it does much to the games overall value.

On the other hand, I like signed posters, extra translites, flyers etc. If you've ever gone to the signing sessions at Expo, the size of the crowd is a pretty good indication that a lot of people like autographs!!

#33 4 months ago

My EM's have several autographs on them, some have even been scrawled into the wood for posterity.
    I'm definitely gonna ask a lot for these mothers when I sell them.

#34 4 months ago

I had my FGY & TSPP translites autographed by the casts, brought my BK2K backglass to a show for Steve Ritchie to sign...and I forget how I got it, but my AC/DC bell is autographed by Steve, too.

I don’t care if it adds or subtracts value - they’re for me & on games I don’t plan on selling.

8C361DF2-D06A-45E6-9F1B-53D8A3163D0D.jpegDD1900FD-2758-45D3-AD6A-605E8A6AE91F.jpeg550B5075-1C35-459E-BD0C-89473D315DB3.jpeg9DF390B5-0596-4242-85CD-6DE982302CB7.jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.99
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 399.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 750.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 3.00
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside