Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a51c8fb0167fa903356e21a32b189d78 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

I have never listened to podcasts before. I just downloaded an app to listen to them. I'm looking for advice on which ones to listen to regarding pinball. So, what podcasts do you recommend?

Solarvalue's list (already linked) is a great resource, but since you asked, here are the ones I currently subscribe to on my phone. I'll include some comments on each.

BlahCade Podcast: Mostly virtual, but they do talk physical pinball as well.

Bro, do you even talk pinball?: Good summary of major pinball news items.

Coast 2 Coast Pinball: Relatively inactive now but a large archive of past content. Good format.

Flippin and Mashing: Newer. Mixed gaming (also does video games and arcades), but the pinball discussions have been fun also.

For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast: Heaviest on bingos and flipperless, but if you are interested in the EM era at all I think it's your best option to learn about those games.

Head2Head Pinball: Funniest in my opinion, weekly and so stays up on all the news and a good host dynamic. Focus on the Australian scene.

The Pinball Players Podcast: Solo host but often has guests on. Good summation of pinball happenings in terms of big shows/tournaments.

Pinball Profile: Shortest episodes of any I subscribe to, this is focused on interviews of those involved in pinball (heavily on tournament discussion, but other interviews happen as well).

Pinheadz Pinball PODcast: Another Australian show. Was a monthly but perhaps better considered quarterly at this point. Best production values of any pinball podcast EVER. The show format is really good for their long style.

The Pinball Podcast: While the topics are often driven by the news (or tournaments), I think this show tends to go more into discussing broad concepts tying to pinball rather than focusing so much on specific current events.

Skill Shot Pincast: Lots of interviews and Seattle-scene pinball discussion.

Straight Down The Middle: A Pinball Show: I think of pinball reviews the most when I think of this show, but they'll deep-discuss anything (well, anything pinball!).

The Slam Tilt Podcast: Good weekly source of news, pretty funny, good host interaction (with each other and the listening base). Lots of guest hosts.

The Spinner is Lit Pinball Podcast: Passionate hosts, seem to focus a lot on broad news summaries and pinball shows. Area-specific stuff is California-oriented.

This Flippin' Podcast: Great host dynamic, pretty deep discussions of various pinball topics driven by the news. Some tournament and show talk, it's just a big mix of pinball subjects. Long format.

TILT THRU: Competitive pinball podcast, great host interaction. Needs to come out more.

Obviously I have to subscribe to my own (Eclectic Gamers Podcast) as well to be sure the RSS works, but I'm not really keen to self-promote. My above list is a solid place to start. There are many others, some I've never tried (I listen to non-pinball podcasts also and I must balance my commute time and such with how many of these I can actively keep up with).

I saw on this thread some discussion about podcasts that "tell it like it is" (to paraphrase). Most I'm aware of do this, but how much any podcast covers a topic (be it benign or controversial) really depends more on personality. I can only think of a couple shows I ever thought the hosts were shilling in a masked way. A few have sponsors and that is always made clear.

There is not a single go-to source of The Truth that I recommend; if it's in my list I think it's good, it's that simple.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-what-podcasts-to-listen-to?tu=dennisk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.