(Topic ID: 18396)

Opinions on these Gottlieb System 3 games.

By shadowflame

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by viperrwk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Danielle_Huegen_fullbhhgh.jpg
    spittake.gif
    Thunder.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for opinions on these Gottlieb system 3 games. I am deciding on which one to purchase I have played them on visual pinmame but none of them in real life. I am looking for one that has modes to complete and will be fun for a long time. I have a Mario Andretti and while it is fun to play, it's not too deep in the rules and doesn't really have any modes to complete just win 3 races to get to the world championship.

The games I am deciding between are

Cue Ball Wizard
    Rescue 911
    Operation Thunder
    Freddy
    Stargate

If you have experience with any of these machines please reply. I won't be able to test the real machines out as the place that has them is 5hrs away. They come with warranty and are shopped. I would of course ask for hi-res pics before buying. Since it would be cash if the machine wasn't as described when it arrived I wouldn't buy it.

Thanks.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I also forgot to mention, you should post asking prices too

Here's where I get laughed at, he is asking $2600 for the R911. $2395 for the OT, I can't imagine what he would want for the Stargate. Though I am in Canada and all pinball machine seems to go for a higher price than in the states.

So now it's down to Rescue 911, Cue Ball Wizard or Stargate.

seems stargate is in the lead in opinions..

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Those prices for R911 and Op Thunder are *crazy*. Call the asylum and have them pick that guy up.

They are a bit up there, but he says they are shopped and will come with a warranty. I haven't been able to find these system 3 games anywhere else on here or Maaca that is within reasonable distance, plus he will deliver them.

I'm thinking Cue Ball Wizard, I really enjoyed that on pinmame, I will call tomorrow and get the price and post it here.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

If you're a Steve Ritchie fan you may not like it

I do like Steve Ritche's games, I prefer flow with a little stop/go action. Jon Norris designed Mario Andretti and it is a fast playing game. He also designed Cue Ball Wizard which is pretty flowriffic with some stop and go.

Now to get floored by the guys high prices when i call tomorrow, I'll try to talk him down from what he says he want as it will be up there..

#25 11 years ago

Here are the prices I got quoted..

Freddy $2800
    Rescue 911 $2800
    Cue Ball Wizard $2800
    Operation Thunder $2395
    Super Mario Bros $2500
    Stargate $2600

They are all said to be in very good to mint condition..

#26 11 years ago

Looking at the picture of "Operation Thunder" I can see the right flipper has a different screw than the left and also doesn't seem to line up properly.

#28 11 years ago

file was too large, here we go:

#30 11 years ago

LOL my reaction completely!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Jon did the software on several games I really liked.

He designed "Mario Andretti", "Cue Ball Wizard", "Bad Girls" to name a few. I have the Mario Andretti and it is a fun machine. He also did software design for "Operation Thunder" which is a great game, but hard to find.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from beepnutz:

I had Operation Thunder also, pretty good game, you need to wear sunglasses if all the flash bulbs are working on the playfield

LOL yes, it does it seem like a very bright/flashy light show game.

Super Mario Bros (full sized) is another Jon Norris game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-these-gottlieb-system-3-games?tu=shadowflame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.