Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rockettes-2.jpg
AutoRace-2.jpg
AutoRace-1.jpg
Rockettes-1.jpg
super jumbo.jpg
Jack-n-Jill.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

If you are a car guy, I can see the draw to autorace. However, as I mentioned in your King Pin thread *gasp* that art package on J&J is hard to beat. In addition to the fun art, the narrative aspect of the playfield, and the awkward pairing of the bombshell Jill with special needs Jack, I also think it'd be a fun addition to a collection of older machines to have one with that odd, six, outter, inverted, flipper arrangement. By all means, get the one you'll enjoy most (and I would assume condition and price will play a factor in your purchase decision once you see them in person) but since you're soliciting opinions, Jack and Jill would be my #1.

Again, best of luck with the decision-making process. These do not seem like leftover or stinker wood rails to me. Lots to love about each one. I don't think you can go wrong with your ultimate choice, Ron.

Good luck!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I just could never understand why any moron would put a well at the top of a hill anyway!

Ha-ha! A fine point. Maybe that's why Jack looks like he's not playing with a full set of flippers.

#25 9 years ago

The landslide seems to be for Auto Race. When do we get to find out what YOU picked, Ron?

#28 9 years ago

Ron, you are developing quite an impressive collection. I can't wait to get a better look at your Jack and Jill! (You do a great job documenting your pins...and there aren't a lot of great J&J photos on IPDB. Perhaps you could submit a few to ipdb for those of us not fortunate enough to own one.) Is there any spot in need of your vinyl overlay expertise? Thanks for updating all of us on this thread, and for your impeccable taste.

Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-some-older-em-woodrails?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.