Topic poll

“what would you buy”

• Silverball Mania 10 votes
    91%
  • Black Pyramid 1 vote
    9%

(11 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Humper.jpg

#1 7 years ago

looking to buy one of these pins, ive never played eather. Ive always liked the look of Silverball but after watching videos of it i found the constant background bwooping to be anoying. The same with Black Pyramid, but the the bwooping sound dosent seem as constant. Can it be turned off with out tuning off the rest of the sound effects?

#2 7 years ago

Silverball is one of the best looking pins of all time.

When I was a kid, I always liked the guy humping the game on the backglass. Seemed dirty at the time... Humper.jpg

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

humping the game

Ive never noticed this! too funny

#4 7 years ago

take a closer look at that graphic, there's a face at the front of that "game"...

#5 7 years ago

hahaha, ive been working on silverball mania and I haven't noticed that. Also, I do believe you can turn off that noise without affecting sound effects. There are 33(?) dip switches you can mess around with. The manual tells the specifics.

#6 7 years ago

Background noise on Silverball can be turned off in settings.My choice would be Silverball Mania.I have one and I can't stop lookin at it.Unbelievable art package although there are several Bally SS from that era that are considered better players.Good Luck and Have Fun,Scott

#7 7 years ago

I've owned both. Silverball Mania has great artwork. Center shot was kinda fun. Shouldn't be too tough to sell when you are done with it.

Black Pyramid is terrible. After you have it for 6 or 7 minutes and realize it's terrible nobody will buy it.

I am admittedly a DMD guy but I do like an older game occasionally. Silverball came out in 78, pretty cool game for that time. Black Pyramid in 1984? Couldn't do any better in 1984?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside