(Topic ID: 268845)

Opinions on old vs new pins

By Jasenwm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

You may be opening a can of worms with this opinion thread. Older games have a HUGE following. SO many die hard guys just love their EMs for example even though they are boring as hell.
    Older machines might be easier to repair (if parts are available) but they require more repairing. Newer games need less work/maintenance. And the LED boards should outlast your ownership time. I wouldn't worry.

I personally have owned many of the 90s classics in the past. Maintenance/repairs was just part of it. I'd buy a machine, put some time & money into making it perfect then get bored and sell it.
    Then I started buying modern new pins. Big difference! The newer pins are WAY deeper and more challenging. So much more to try and accomplish. Modes, missions, side missions. There's really no comparison.
    Yes the 80's/90's pins are fun to shoot sometimes but it's absolutely night and day from the deep rulesets of new pins.
    Case in point, I just bought a brand new MMRRE because I always wanted a Medieval Madness. Yes it's beautiful and has all the new amazing lights and the cool XL DMD, but it's STILL a 90s game with 90s rules. And it's too simple! Too easy! It won't last.

Just my opinions.
    Junky

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

Would you recommend the premium version of the new jp over the pro?

100% yes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-old-vs-new-pins?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.