(Topic ID: 268845)

Opinions on old vs new pins

By Jasenwm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

I've had games ranging from the 60s to the 2000's. The thing is if it is an older used pin, it needs to be completely gone thru and replace all worn parts, clean and adjust the switches (especially in an EM), fix troublesome connectors etc. Not just cleaning the playfield, new rubbers and fixing only what doesn't work at the present moment. I very seldom have to fix anything on my games 'cept for normal upkeep of the playfield once that is done especially if it is played in a home environment. EMs especially are incredibly reliable in the home if you 'do 'em right' to begin with.
    Hell I didn't even know newer games didn't have removeable lamps or leds, I'm a real dinosaur! But that doesn't seem like a big deal to me if they seldom burn out and I assume they aren't that difficult to fix if they did (?)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-old-vs-new-pins?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.