Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0420.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I've seen a few of these come up for sale near by lately. I've never played one. Anybody like it? Hate it?

John

#2 12 years ago

Fun game! Classic Sys11 with a pretty decent set of rules. The multiball is fun to achieve and advancing through the Dude levels trying to make the Gazillion shot is awesome. This game looks GREAT with LEDS. The theme just begs for it and it really pops with them in it. Definitely not your typical game of the era and I think that is why it stands out from the crowd. The translite is cool as it has some lithographic effects in the various comic book style panels.

IMAG0420.jpgIMAG0420.jpg

#3 12 years ago

I really like Dr Dude. Just over a year ago I had a chance to pick up a shopped nice one for about $1000 or so. I've kicked myself ever since for not getting it. Two weeks ago I had a chance at one in rough shape from a skating rink. Interface board burnt, no lights/GI on backboard at all, playfield wear at magnet and the left/right ramp ball drops on the inlanes. There was some fading on the apron, only 2 balls in the machine, and the balls were not consistently moving into the ball launch lane. The stickers on the mix master were peeling pretty good as well. Some switches had issues, rubber was toast. I had the seller down to $800 and I, in hindsight, stupidly walked away. The interface board would have been a fun repair, or I could have picked up a new repro for about $90 ish I think. The mix master stickers can be found as well.

On a good note, the scoreboard displays looked great. And, as I child of the 80's, I love the theme. In the end, what killed it for me, was the faded nurse on the apron. Had she been a little bit more.... 'perky and popping', I think I would have went for it. I'm in the middle of a Star Trek 25th anniversary rebuild that is just beating me down, and I wasn't feeling like jumping into another one...… of course now, I wish I would have.

So, my quest for the Dr will continue. It may even perk up a bit after I get this Star Trek done, and possibly sold. Trying to finish in time for Pin a go-go.

Alright, enough about my Dr. woes. I do like the game, fun shots, fun theme.

#4 12 years ago

System 11 games are undervalued. Dr Dude is a kickass pin.

#6 12 years ago

My life was dull dull my life was drab....

#7 12 years ago

I thought it was fun and kind of funny... however, it seemed junivile to me after about 30 minutes. Not a bad game... just don't pay too much for it I guess.

#8 12 years ago

I like it and always give it a few plays when I'm at Pinball Wizard Arcade. I can imagine the callouts getting annoying if it was in a collection.

#9 12 years ago

I played Dr. Dude a few times. I thought it was a lot of fun & enjoyed the layout of the game. It's more of a "make your shots" pin than it is a "flow" pin. As others have said, the speech & sounds may get on your nerves after a while as they are limited, but it might not be as bad if placed in a larger collection.

#10 12 years ago

I played it for the first time at the Ohio show this year and really liked it. Bonus: Dennis Nordman (the designer) was nearby and we got to shoot te breeze about the game. Fun, lots to do. Think it's a good value pin. Hope you score one!

#11 12 years ago

I like it more than Party Zone, but I think they're both fun.

#12 12 years ago

It's fun enough at least for a short period of time. Played it at PHOF and it is the only time that I've walked away from a pin before my game was done. I was having some pretty long ball times.

Still probably a good deal consider the price it goes for compared to the now nearly obscene prices of so many DMD pins.

#13 12 years ago

And he has sweet hair.

#14 12 years ago

Only time I played one was at PHOF also and almost walked away myself. Felt it was too easy to go in a collection. Perhaps this machine is set to easy. Other than that fun game, but may get old quick.

#15 12 years ago

I haven't played that many game but this is definitely my least favorite. Just something about this game that doesn't mix with me. Theme is good enough (Very original) and I consider myself a system 11 fan but no dice I am a Ritchie fan so I like flow. To much chance in this game for me I think especially with the shot to the right of the ramp. I like control

#16 12 years ago

Love it! definetly on my want list

#17 12 years ago

gotta love the EXCELLENT RAY!!!!

2 weeks later
#18 11 years ago

My favorite pinball game. There's one at a resort in my area. Love playing it on the weekends once in a while.

#19 11 years ago

You ever notice the display calls it the "EXECLLENT RAY" [sic] when it tells you to hit it right after you hit the mix master just before multiball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 27.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-dr-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.